ADVERTISEMENT

Aces High, Liberty low -- WNBA recap

Sonja

Jun 20, 2001
Louisville
www.cardinalcouple.com
In the battle of Myisha vs. Angel, Myisha may have won the battle (18 pts, 10 boards) and Angel won the war (13 pts. 4 rebs).as the Aces beat the Mystics last night 83-77.

Jaz (3 pts, 3 rebs, 4 assists) and Kylee (9 pts., 6 rebs.) had good performances for the New York Liberty but the third quarter proven disastrous for the winless squad in a 92-66 loss.

Jaz being inserted as point guard now, with Ionescu done for at least a month, and she showed that Jaz-to-Kylee magic several times, but, the Liberty still learning with seven rookies.

--sonja--

In the battle of Myisha vs. Angel, Myisha may have won the battle (18 pts, 10 boards) and Angel won the war (13 pts. 4 rebs).as the Aces beat the Mystics last night 83-77.

Jaz (3 pts, 3 rebs, 4 assists) and Kylee (9 pts., 6 rebs.) had good performances for the New York Liberty but the third quarter proven disastrous for the winless squad in a 92-66 loss.

Jaz being inserted as point guard now, with Ionescu done for at least a month, and she showed that Jaz-to-Kylee magic several times, but, the Liberty still learning with seven rookies.

--sonja--
Great update!! Keep them coming, please!

Jaz being utilized as a point guard should make her a more valuable commodity for WNBA teams. Certainly hated to see Ionescu injure her ankle, but glad to see Jaz being given an opportunity to showcase her skills.

Kylee’s biggest glaring weakness is her hands. She needs to get stronger at grabbing and holding onto the ball. It drives me crazy!

Kylee’s biggest glaring weakness is her hands. She needs to get stronger at grabbing and holding onto the ball. It drives me crazy!

It's got to be extremely hard for her as a first year WNBA player to have to go up against, night after night, players such as Griner, Fowles, Parker, Charles and other WNBA veteran centers/.

We saw how she improved from year to year at Louisville and can only hope that the same type of improvement curve will take place for her as a professional.

It took Myisha three years to rise to the top and she certainly paid her dues. She's reaping the awards now. It all goes back to what Walz says when he talks about learning. Coach has said he doesn't mind if you make a mistake on the court that's going to happen, but what I want to see is if you learned anything from it and don't continue to make the same mistake. Mistakes are going to happen but make a new one, so we have something else to work and improve on and show me that you learned from the previous mistake and aren't making it over and over again.

--sonja--

Reactions: Bardman
She had a better game it seems as though she is adjusting to the WNBA. Only time will tell I am a big fan of hers so I hope she continues to improve. She has the tools and the physical ability to make it she has to work harder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT