ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
How do you expect thing to play out? Will you be really disappointed if the Cards don't win the ACC Tourney?

I expect them to win the first game whether it's north carolina or whoever else after that i expect them to be competitive but won't be disappointed if they get beat.

Originally posted by shadow force:
How do you expect thing to play out? Will you be really disappointed if the Cards don't win the ACC Tourney?
1-1 or maybe 2-1. I would love to say 3-0 but I just can't see that playing out. I can see 0-1 although I'm hoping that doesn't happen due to how they love to crush us on seeding. A first game ACC tourney loss might drop them all the way to a 7 seed.

I predict we'll be one and out. Playing UNC in G'boro will be very tough. Home game for them, basically. Plus, I don't think we match up with them very well, especially with C. Jones gone.

I think we'll wind up a 5 seed.

Originally posted by tn00nan:
I predict we'll be one and out. Playing UNC in G'boro will be very tough. Home game for them, basically. Plus, I don't think we match up with them very well, especially with C. Jones gone.

I thought about that too, but the Cards should have fresher legs with the extra day rest. That might even out the playing field some and give the Cards a serious chance at a win, and we're assuming UNC wins Wednesday. They have to win first.

Why would anyone be disappointed in not winning the ACC tourney in the first year? U of L isn't any sort of favorite and I seriously doubt the ACC would let us win it right off the bat.

I'd be pretty surprised if we didnt win at least one game. We seem to be coming together as a team. Anything after that is gonna be tough, but not impossible.

Originally posted by Cabbageboy:
Why would anyone be disappointed in not winning the ACC tourney in the first year? U of L isn't any sort of favorite and I seriously doubt the ACC would let us win it right off the bat.
"Let"? How would the ACC go about pulling off a conspiracy not to let Louisville win? I doubt any ACC employees are passionate enough about it to risk prison time by bribing refs, if that sort of thing is what you're implying.

Originally posted by tn00nan:

I will be surprised if we beat UNC.

Hope they move it to New York City soon! Until then expect to get homered to death!

Originally posted by Cue Card:
1-1 or maybe 2-1. I would love to say 3-0 but I just can't see that playing out. I can see 0-1 although I'm hoping that doesn't happen due to how they love to crush us on seeding. A first game ACC tourney loss might drop them all the way to a 7 seed.
My thinking is similar to this. Would love to win the whole thing but I don't think it'll happen. More likely 1-1 but I agree it could be 0-1 though I hope not.

Always disappointed when we lose but I'm also a realist, going to be tough to win the whole deal this year with this team.

Originally posted by CardGame:
I'm driving down on Wednesday expecting to have a great time. Go Cards!
Hope you have a safe trip and do indeed have a great time.

Greensboro is a great tournament location. Looking forward to being there tomorrow.

The ACC in Greensboro is like the Big East in MSG.

Would I be unhappy if we lost to UNC in our first game. Maybe a little bit, but what makes me ecstatic (and makes me feel like we are already a winner) is that we are even playing in the ACC tournament!!

Go Cards, go HOOS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT