ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Scores Update - Saturday

ECU roars back with 5 runs in the bottom of the ninth to send Virginia to the loser's bracket. Wow!

Utah 3, BC 1 in the bottom of the 7th (BC is the home team).
Long Beach State 1, Miami 0 in the top of the 6th (LBSU is home team).
Florida State 7, Southern Miss 2 in the bottom of the 7th (FSU is home team).
Ok State 8, Clemson 1 in the bottom of the 3rd (Clemson is home team).
Coastal Carolina 0, NC State 0 in the 1st inning (NC State home).

Wake Forest at Texas A&M starts at 9pm.

ACC is 2-2 so far today (8-2 yesterday, 10-4 so far):
Georgia Tech over Bethune Cookman. (Tech advances in loser's bracket)
Cards over Buckeyes. (Cards to the regional finals)

Duke lost to South Carolina. (Duke eliminated)
Virginia lost to ECU. (Cavs fall into the loser's bracket)

Loving this ESPN3. Watching BC and Utah.

BC has scored a run to pull within 3-2 and now have runners on 1st and 3rd with nobody out in the bottom of the 7th inning.

BC scores 3 to take a 4-3 lead over Utah into the 8th inning.
FSU beats USM 7-2 to advance to the Regional Final.
Miami and LBSU are now tied 1-1 in the 6th.
OK State still leads Clemson 8-1 in the 4th.
NC State and Coastal Carolina are in a weather delay (game still hasn't started).
Wake Forest and Texas A&M are set to start right now.

ACC is now 11-4 in the tournament (3-2 today), with Louisville and Florida State through to their regional finals.

Boston College advances to the regional final with a 4-3 win over Utah.

Miami has jumped ahead of Long Beach State 3-2 in the top of the 7th.
Ok State is still leading Clemson 8-1 in the 6th.
Coastal Carolina leads NC State 1-0 in the top of the 1st.
Wake Forest at Texas A&M still has not started.

ACC moves to 12-4 in the tournament (4-2 today) with 3 teams (Louisville, FSU and BC) in regional finals.

Watching Miami and Long Beach now. Miami has the bases loaded with 2 outs in the top of the 7th.

Oklahoma State knocks Clemson into the loser's bracket with a 12-2 win. ACC is 12-5 (4-3 today).

-Miami was leading 3-2 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th, but Long Beach State hit a solo home run off of the Hurricanes' superstar closer Garcia to tie it up. The score is still 3-3 with LBSU batting, 1 out and a runner on 2nd in the bottom of the 10th.
-Coastal Carolina still leads NC State 1-0, now in the bottom of the 5th inning.
-Texas A&M has jumped on Wake Forest and leads 6-1 in the top of the 4th. (Wake is the home team).

As most of you know, the winner of the Louisville regional will take on the winner of the Nashville regional.

Vanderbilt has been eliminated. Washington came back from an 8-2 deficit to score 7 runs in their final 3 at bats and beat Vandy 9-8. The 4 seed Xavier will take on the 2 seed UC Santa Barbara in the winners bracket game tomorrow, with the loser of that game taking on #3 Washington.

Miami becomes the 4th ACC team to advance to a regional final with a gritty 4-3 11 inning win over Long Beach State. The ACC is now 13-5 (5-3 today).

Coastal Carolina still leads NC State 1-0 in the top of the 7th, while Texas A&M is now up on Wake Forest 8-2 in the 5th.

Texas A&M 22 Wake Forest 2. Wow!

Looks like NC State is going down, too. The game was suspended in the top of the ninth with Coastal Carolina leading 3-0.

Texas A&M 22 Wake Forest 2. Wow!
I'm still surprised by Wake's inclusion,but maybe there's something I don't know.I thought they had to win 1 against us in last series to even get into the ACC Tourney.That apparently wasn't true,they win a couple in the Tourney,wala and they're in.I'm rootin for them to battle back,but:confused:

NC State did go down to Coastal Carolina, so the ACC ended up 13-7 from the first 2 days, with 4 teams in regional finals (UofL, FSU, BC and Miami), and 5 more having to win their way out of the loser's bracket (Ga Tech, Virginia, Clemson, NC State, and Wake Forest).

NC State did go down to Coastal Carolina, so the ACC ended up 13-7 from the first 2 days, with 4 teams in regional finals (UofL, FSU, BC and Miami), and 5 more having to win their way out of the loser's bracket (Ga Tech, Virginia, Clemson, NC State, and Wake Forest).

BC was looking good a little bit ago --I'm watching the bases loaded channel, and they skip around to the games as offense threatens. Haven't been back to BC who was up 5-1 last I saw.

Cards, Canes, Eagles and Seminoles all punched their tickets to the Supers.

Georgia Tech won two games before getting bounced out by Florida. Wake Forest and Virginia were eliminated in the loser's bracket, as was Duke yesterday. With four ACC teams eliminated and four into the Super Regionals, that leaves 2 others still playing:

Clemson is trailing Oklahoma State 9-2 in the 8th in a game they must win to stay alive. NC State knocked off Navy earlier today and will now have to beat Coastal Carolina twice to advance. Because of the rain delays, NC State will not play again until tomorrow.

ACC's regional record is 20-10 at this point (7-3 today).

Clemson was eliminated late last night (actually early this morning) by Oklahoma State. The ACC's regional record is now 20-11 (7-4 on Sunday). The only ACC team still playing in the regional is NC State, which must win 2 games against Coastal Carolina to advance to the Super Regional. The first pitch for that game is scheduled to start at 1pm today.

The SEC has 3 teams through to the Supers (Florida, Texas A&M and Mississippi State), with LSU sitting at 2-0 in their bracket, needing to win 1 of their next 2 games to advance. South Carolina has fought its way out of the loser's bracket and has a showdown game against UNC-Wilmington at 6pm to determine who will advance.

In the Nashville regional, UC Santa Barbara is 2-0 and needs to win one out of their next two games against Xavier to advance to the Louisville Super Regional. First pitch for UCSB versus Xavier is at 3pm today.

Clemson was eliminated late last night (actually early this morning) by Oklahoma State. The ACC's regional record is now 20-11 (7-4 on Sunday). The only ACC team still playing in the regional is NC State, which must win 2 games against Coastal Carolina to advance to the Super Regional. The first pitch for that game is scheduled to start at 1pm today.

The SEC has 3 teams through to the Supers (Florida, Texas A&M and Mississippi State), with LSU sitting at 2-0 in their bracket, needing to win 1 of their next 2 games to advance. South Carolina has fought its way out of the loser's bracket and has a showdown game against UNC-Wilmington at 6pm to determine who will advance.

In the Nashville regional, UC Santa Barbara is 2-0 and needs to win one out of their next two games against Xavier to advance to the Louisville Super Regional. First pitch for UCSB versus Xavier is at 3pm today.

Thanks for the recap Push Up ...

Do you have seed info handy? If not, I could prolly do a little work ... but I am curious to see how the seeding worked in the ACC and SEC records ...

For example, Ole Miss and Vandy both were 1 seeds that lost. As was Clemson. Those teams should have moved on. But did not. I'm guessing NC State was also a 1 seed. These would go in the negative column. BUT ... a Boston College, had to be a 3 seed. Their advancing needs to be in the positive column. I don't know how to quantify seeding into conference winning percentage ... but there should be some metric that weights lower seeded teams advancing, versus teams that SHOULD have advanced (and who did advance, as well as those that should have advanced that failed to). I don't know if I am making any sense ..... not working with a full night sleep here ... But I think figuring this into the winning percentage would be a more valuable measurement. (Maybe I am channeling my inner Phil Steele ... this seems like something he'd create to try and improve his prognostication ... )

Sure - all 7 SEC teams in the tourney were one seeds: Florida, Mississippi State, Texas A&M, LSU, South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Mississippi. All 7 were supposed to advance to the Super Regionals, but they will only get either 3, 4, or 5 depending on today's action.

For the ACC, Louisville, Miami, Florida State, Clemson, Virginia, and NC State were all 1 seeds. Georgia Tech was a #2 and Duke, Wake Forest, and Boston College were #3 seeds. The ACC was supposed to get 6 teams in the Super Regionals, but the ACC will only get 4 or 5 depending on today's results.

NC State blew out Coastal Carolina 8-1 today, so they have forced a final winner-take-all game tonight at 7pm.

Reactions: Pervis_Griffith
If I am reading this bracket correct, should the Cards get to Omaha, they MIGHT be in a 4 team bracket with all SEC teams (i.e., FL, SC and LSU).

Peace

If I am reading this bracket correct, should the Cards get to Omaha, they MIGHT be in a 4 team bracket with all SEC teams (i.e., FL, SC and LSU).

Peace

Actually, if we make Omaha, either Miami or Boston College will also be there with us.

But we could face Mississippi State (they'd have to get by Louisiana Lafayette or Arizona) and South Carolina (if they win tonight against UNCW, and then win the Supers over Oklahoma State -- who looked pretty damn good taking out Clemson).

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1/2016

NC State is leading 5-3 with one out in the top of the 9th. Coastal Carolina has 2 outs to score at least 2 runs, and they have the bases loaded. The game was suspended at that point (probably due to the big tropical storm).

No telling how that one is going to turn out!

Showdown Tuesday ... LSU-Rice and South Carolina-UNC Wilmington also have "win and advance" games today.

Well, we can finally close the book on the ACC's regional record at 21-12. NC State coughed up their 5-3 lead by giving up 4 runs in the top of the 9th, and they fell to Coastal Carolina 7-5.

Much as I would like to see the ACC do well, I am glad that Coastal is going to the super regional. They have had great teams in the past only to get matched up with super power South Carolina when they won back to back NC's. They might have been the second best team in the country in 2010.

This is where NCAA baseball is flawed. Because it's less of a revenue making sport, they tried to match up regional teams too often like Vanderbilt - Louisville now and Florida - Florida state or Miami, when these teams often play each other anyway.

Reactions: PushupMan
One final wrap-up to regionals weekend - LSU and South Carolina won their showdown games on Tuesday, so both of those teams advanced to the Super Regionals. The SEC got 5 in the Supers (Florida, Texas A&M, and Mississippi State were the other three), compared to the ACC's 4.

The SEC went 16-6 in regional play, including 2-0 against the ACC (South Carolina over Duke and Florida over Georgia Tech). That's pretty darned good results, although all 7 teams played on their home fields in front of strong home crowds. I'm sure the Kentucky and Alabama teams are looking at those results and thinking they got robbed of spots in the NCAA tourney.

The SEC gets the home field advantage in all 5 of their super regionals, while the ACC only has the home field in the Louisville and Miami Super Regionals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT