ADVERTISEMENT

ACC: Cards/FSU Biggest Game For UL Since Sugar Bowl in 2012....

cardstud1

5000+
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2006
Why this is true is because the WINNER or Loser's of this game defines the future destination of the teams involved! In 2014 Louisville came into the ACC with swagger proclaiming that "we belong" coming off a winning season at 9-4! Hope remains eternal for the Cards. In 2015 the Cards were feeling comfortable believing that Louisville would continue improving upon their agenda with their winning tradition for the school. But, underneath their was an uneasy feeling that the Cards would not achieve their aspirations, and that uneasiness involved the Offensive Line and their immaturity and talent left by former CCS. The defense was left in great shape, but the Offense was another issue that was as transparent as it could be. The UofL fans were expecting and hoping that our endeavors for the Cards would certainly prove very fruitful.

Then, the Auburn game arrived and the Cards faltered in the 1st half. Bobby Petrino replaced Reggie Bonnafon with Lamar Jackson, who proved very effective and UofL rebounded and nearly upset Auburn at 31-24 score. In the 2nd game with Houston the Cards as expected faltered and lost that game. Houston was sandwiched in between Auburn and Clemson.. And then Clemson came to PJCS and played like they were ACC league's (Atlantic) champion. The Cards lost that game 20-17. The Cards now had a record of 0-3 and were disheartened coming into the 4th game against Samford a ( div. II) FCS team.. Coach Petrino used this time to recover and improve upon the Offenses woes. The Cards came out of that game (45-3) and Petrino used qb. Lamar Jackson. It also helped that WR James Quick returned as well as TE Hicotini integral parts of the Offense. Feelings were better but the next game with NC State left a dry spit in the mouths of Cards fans. However, CBP seems to have turned the Cards around with a 20-13 win at NC States house. The Cards defense seemed to have arrived and Lamar Jackson shined with his legs and passing attack.

Now comes, FSU a team that the Cards long to beat. In 2014 the Cards lost to the Seminoles at PJCS. The Cards had a 24-0 point going into half time. An the heroics of Jameis Winston pulled the "Noles" out of the fire with a win. Now the Cards must go into FSU's stadium and face the "Noles". Difference with FSU in 2015 is that the "Noles qb. Jameis Winston has gone to the NFL and FSU is NOT the FSU it was in 2014. Has the Cards turned around after winning the last two games. The FSU stadium and fans will prove to be a handful for the Cards, but the game seems, to be very doable. Can Lamar Jackson work his leg and arm magic in this game. CBP has nearly 2 weeks to prepare his team for this daunting challenge. Will the Cards continue their winni9n tradition or will they resort back offensively. The Cards do have a very challenging and attacking Defense. If the Cards can move the ball, running both on the ground and passing in the air, the CARDS have a chance and be formidable going forward.

My feelings are that UofL will pull out a win (24-17) GO CARDS!

Last edited:
Good post and I agree this is a huge opportunity game. A win puts us back in the hunt for the ACC title with lots of football left.

I think the biggest game we had after the Sugar Bowl was the Central Florida game in 2013 which was basically for the AAC Title and a berth in the Fiesta Bowl. We all remember the 28-7 lead we blew in the 2nd half and the subsequent beating that UCF delivered to Baylor in that BCS bowl.

Who knows, we may look back on this FSU game as being bigger,

Last edited:
It is a terrific opportunity in front of us, but I don't feel it's a must win type of game, and I would also argue that any bowl game is bigger than any regular season game.

Beat FSU and the Cards should be able to run the table. Lose to FSU and the Cards STILL should be able to run the table. FSU is without question the best team left on the schedule. ALL the other games are very winnable no matter the outcome in Tallahassee.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I'll say this:

Going to Tallahassee and coming out with a W will say loud and clear that WE BELONG. To go to South Bend last year and do it, then FSU this year? No question about it. (we gotta work on that Clemson thing too)

I think we have the D to definitely have a shot. The O? It's a Crapshoot. It's feast or famine.

I think it's a 3 pt pick 'em.

And I pick UL :p

It is definitely the biggest game of the year (long time reader first time writer....Lol) but last year going to Clemson and Notre Dame were pretty big. I will be at the game and hoping for the upset.

Why this is true is because the WINNER or Loser's of this game defines the future destination of the teams involved! In 2014 Louisville came into the ACC with swagger proclaiming that "we belong" coming off a winning season at 9-4! Hope remains eternal for the Cards. In 2015 the Cards were feeling comfortable believing that Louisville would continue improving upon their agenda with their winning tradition for the school. But, underneath their was an uneasy feeling that the Cards would not achieve their aspirations, and that uneasiness involved the Offensive Line and their immaturity and talent left by former CCS. The defense was left in great shape, but the Offense was another issue that was as transparent as it could be. The UofL fans were expecting and hoping that our endeavors for the Cards would certainly prove very fruitful.

Then, the Auburn game arrived and the Cards faltered in the 1st half. Bobby Petrino replaced Reggie Bonnafon with Lamar Jackson, who proved very effective and UofL rebounded and nearly upset Auburn at 31-24 score. In the 2nd game with Houston the Cards as expected faltered and lost that game. Houston was sandwiched in between Auburn and Clemson.. And then Clemson came to PJCS and played like they were ACC league's (Atlantic) champion. The Cards lost that game 20-17. The Cards now had a record of 0-3 and were disheartened coming into the 4th game against Samford a ( div. II) FCS team.. Coach Petrino used this time to recover and improve upon the Offenses woes. The Cards came out of that game (45-3) and Petrino used qb. Lamar Jackson. It also helped that WR James Quick returned as well as TE Hicotini integral parts of the Offense. Feelings were better but the next game with NC State left a dry spit in the mouths of Cards fans. However, CBP seems to have turned the Cards around with a 20-13 win at NC States house. The Cards defense seemed to have arrived and Lamar Jackson shined with his legs and passing attack.

Now comes, FSU a team that the Cards long to beat. In 2014 the Cards lost to the Seminoles at PJCS. The Cards had a 24-0 point going into half time. An the heroics of Jameis Winston pulled the "Noles" out of the fire with a win. Now the Cards must go into FSU's stadium and face the "Noles". Difference with FSU in 2015 is that the "Noles qb. Jameis Winston has gone to the NFL and FSU is NOT the FSU it was in 2014. Has the Cards turned around after winning the last two games. The FSU stadium and fans will prove to be a handful for the Cards, but the game seems, to be very doable. Can Lamar Jackson work his leg and arm magic in this game. CBP has nearly 2 weeks to prepare his team for this daunting challenge. Will the Cards continue their winni9n tradition or will they resort back offensively. The Cards do have a very challenging and attacking Defense. If the Cards can move the ball, running both on the ground and passing in the air, the CARDS have a chance and be formidable going forward.

My feelings are that UofL will pull out a win (24-17) GO CARDS!

Definitely a big game. Delvin Cook is more dangerous than any back we will face all year.
FSU scored before half and already had a field goal, too (I believe). 24-7 or 24-10. Go Cards.

I think this game is huge for your team this year. Your team has the opportunity to right the ship and finish the season with a nice 10-3 record. It would be a big time accomplishment for a team that started 0-3. The Cards are definitely capable of beating FSU this season. Good luck Cards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT