ADVERTISEMENT

A wildcard candidate for UL coach to watch

May 22, 2017
Butch Jones

Midwestern guy who would recruit from your neighbors to the north.
Never lost to an ACC or Big 10 team while at Tennessee.
Nick Saban is rubbing off on him.
Good offensive mind.
Players stay in tune to his catchy cliches.
He's accomplished more than Brohm and would never have taken a beaten by Minnesota.
4-1 vs the Kentucky Wildcats.
Honest guy unlike Bobby Petrino or Rick Pitino.
More MAC and Big East championships than years Brohm has been a head coach.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

I believe, at this point, there is one target. But that doesn’t preclud other candidates. Lest we forget there will be a load of interest in the UofL football coaching job. We have everything a coach could want in a potential program. We are well known in the most fertile recruiting areas in the USA. Excellent facilities and a fanbase that actually cares about football and membership in a great conference. Plus an AD that will work his butt off to make that coach successful. If Jeff turns this job down it will be on him. The only way he should stay at Purdue is if our offer isn’t up to what it should be and I don’t believe that will be the case.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me if he has shown interest. He’s not a horrible coach, but he’s not what Louisville needs right now.

Reactions: Louisvillian
How come these guys all have 1 post? Does that mean they are new posters or does that mean this is just their first post to this site?

Reactions: kentuckyshame
How come these guys all have 1 post? Does that mean they are new posters or does that mean this is just their first post to this site?
first to post to this board. i had posted on purdue board and said was my first post

So...what you guys are saying is...it was a mistake to get rid of Butch Jones and you would LOVE to have him (and his Butchisms) back again? ;)

Entertaining thread. :p

Hey UT fans, why you trolling us? We are cool with you, especially after you laid a beatdown on the kayuts.

He can recruit and coach in the lower ranks...but Butch just isn't a power 5 coach. If Saban can fix some of his program management issues...he may be a decent one eventually...but right now he needs to be in the AAC or MAC

He can recruit and coach in the lower ranks...but Butch just isn't a power 5 coach. If Saban can fix some of his program management issues...he may be a decent one eventually...but right now he needs to be in the AAC or MAC
Perhaps but if Porky Stupes were ever to leave - don't kid yourself - Jones would be on the yut replacement list.

Of course it doesn't matter - not with stupes getting auto-extensions for winning 6 games a year. yuts are married to that inept crybaby for the rest of time...

Butch Jones

Midwestern guy who would recruit from your neighbors to the north.
Never lost to an ACC or Big 10 team while at Tennessee.
Nick Saban is rubbing off on him.
Good offensive mind.
Players stay in tune to his catchy cliches.
He's accomplished more than Brohm and would never have taken a beaten by Minnesota.
4-1 vs the Kentucky Wildcats.
Honest guy unlike Bobby Petrino or Rick Pitino.
More MAC and Big East championships than years Brohm has been a head coach.
I still remember when he was at UC and called a timeout right before we missed the winning FG. That gave us another chance, and we hit it to win the game. No thanks.

Just what we need another coach that couldn't relate to his players, talk about pouring gas on the fire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT