ADVERTISEMENT

A pic is worth a thousands words

I'll address this portion of your post only, mainly because the rest is just speculation or even hyperbole.

Since UofK fans don't identify with him anymore, then maybe it's time to take down his jersey from the rafters. I
That would serve no purpose. Key word is ANYMORE. We respect and are proud of what he did for the program when he was here. Nothing can change that. It was his decisions after he left I think most people have the problem with. Can't undo the past.

Reactions: Senore2006
I'll address this portion of your post only, mainly because the rest is just speculation or even hyperbole.

Since UofK fans don't identify with him anymore, then maybe it's time to take down his jersey from the rafters of Rupp arena. IF he is so despised for following his heart and returning to the state he fell in love with then take it down, strip him from the UofK records books and disavow him 100%.

I doubt he would mind it all that much (That's my speculative viewpoint). The true colors of UofK fans were exposed to him, and that's why he started hitting back with snarky back handed compliments. They were earned.

I believe there was a thread poll after the scandal news broke on RRs asking for opinions of that very topic of whether to remove RP's banner from Rupp. I don't really remember the poll results or the general feeling of the thread.

I guess I'm the minority on the blue side. I just don't think what a coach does at another program should have any effect on his past (in this sense). I resent Rick for going to Louisville but that's his home, what he does in his house has no effect on his neighbors.

Reactions: Senore2006
I believe there was a thread poll after the scandal news broke on RRs asking for opinions of that very topic of whether to remove RP's banner from Rupp. I don't really remember the poll results or the general feeling of the thread.

Why don't they remove ALL the banners they won while Pitino was there. I mean after reading some of the horrible things they've posted about Pitino in the past you'd think they'd want to. Right?

Reactions: earsky
Why don't they remove ALL the banners they won while Pitino was there. I mean after reading some of the horrible things they've posted about Pitino in the past you'd think they'd want to. Right?

Meh...I would hesitate to equate any general fan base sentiment with what is posted on message boards. You tend to get the extreme faction of fans bases on message boards. When I occasionally discuss message board topics with my non-posting UofL or UK friends, their typical response is "really?" I think most here have heard me say in the past that I have yet to have a truly unpleasant experience with a rival fan, and I lived and went to school in Lexington for 5 years as a lifelong UofL fan. (Yes, it was a 4 year program...don't judge me! :confused:) The same sure as hell can't be said of my message board interactions with some rival posters. :cool:

Meh...I would hesitate to equate any general fan base sentiment with what is posted on message boards. You tend to get the extreme faction of fans bases on message boards. When I occasionally discuss message board topics with my non-posting UofL or UK friends, their typical response is "really?" I think most here have heard me say in the past that I have yet to have a truly unpleasant experience with a rival fan, and I lived and went to school in Lexington for 5 years as a lifelong UofL fan. (Yes, it was a 4 year program...don't judge me! :confused:) The same sure as hell can't be said of my message board interactions with some rival posters. :cool:

I should've added a wink smiley at the end of my previous post. lol. No I completely understand what you're saying and the real life fan's opinions against hardcore MB poster's opinions. I just get tired of the the waves of nastiness they say about CRP online. It's like if you really believe what you type then surely you all would want such a terrible person's banners taken down- championship included *heh*. But of course then you would hear excuses the other way about why those banners should stay up even though Pitino was the main reason they won them in the first place.

Reactions: Steelers2012
23ba8faf54ec2de968172fd2ee21034f5051886d7d23c70eb7f216393d2bb281.jpg

Yeah I don't really care about the kids in the pic or what they're doing. They are a product of the environment and just kids doing what most kids do. I am more concerned that a uk fan, more than likely some old obese redneck, asked these kids to pose for this pic. I also do put something into the thought that one person above said that Cal does breed this kind of behavior. He certainly has never discounted it or asked for anyone to apologize for it or even address it. There are good fans at uk and good people but there are more than the average number of idiot douchebag uk fans than of any other University in the country....hands down.

Even uk fans agree with that. It's not some new revelation either. I noticed it as a kid and I'm 42 years old now. Been around it nearly my entire life. There are uk fans who want nothing more than to degrade UofL every chance they get. It's on there vehicles they drive everywhere. They take over all public forums with their hate. They where it to church. It's an obsession and a way of life to many. Nothing is more important than college basketball to a great number of really misguided human beings. Get used to it. It isn't going away. Just realize that you are above it and laugh at them for it. It's like an everyday version of the worst reality tv show. Enjoy it and don't feed the trolls.

For a team obseesed with winning national championships, they (UK) sure do think about playing against us it seems.

I hope they go 39-1 next season, it'll be pure funny and sad for them.

I would take 39-1 any day. Lose the first game and then go 39 in a row including the national championship game. Go Big Blue. :)

Say what you will but UL fans would feel the exact same way if Strong was fired from Texas and went to UK. I know a lot of UL fans (since I live in Louisville) and nearly every one of them had hard feelings toward Strong when he left. Many sold or poured out their CCS Makers bottles. That was for leaving for one of the 3 best jobs in college football. Even though he saved UL from the dumpster fire Kragthorpe created and won UL a Sugar Bowl which might be the biggest win in school history. He left behind a stacked roster that was largely responsible for the smooth transition Petrino had going into the ACC. I still rarely see UL fans that have nothing but praise for him.

Now imagine Strong goes to UK and becomes the second best coach in UK history. He takes UK to a few BCS games. He starts making backhanded comments about UL and their fans to the media. Would UL fans still love Strong? Say Strong is at UK for 14 years so much longer than he was at UL. Do you still identify with Strong as the great UL coach that he was or do you think of him in terms of being one of the greatest coaches that your hated rival has ever had?

UK fans respect what Rick did for our school but we don't identify with him anymore. There is a very small minority of UK fans that still pull for Rick and don't like Cal. I suspect that the same would be true for UL fans if Charlie was at UK. By and large UL fans would have no love left for Strong if his career at UK followed a similar path as Rick's at UL especially If Strong were ripping on the academics, recruiting, and fans at UL
Wow, what a strange take - of course, lol - a UK propagandist.

People were surprised and hurt when Charlie left - what made it 10 times worse was that our future with him was so laid out in front of us all and our gratitude the purist kind of love as he rescued us from Tom Jurich's only real mistake - and a doozy that was, lol.

Our gratitude has never gone anywhere. Fans responded to his jumping to Texas out of emotion - that's what we all do. Comments towards Charlie can run the gamut, but I defy you to find a fan who will not readily acknowledge what Charlie Strong actually accomplished at Louisville. The man graduated 94 of his 97 recruits. He raised and reset academic values in the entire football program. The conditioning he required left a legacy of weight room monsters which Petrino has also encouraged. The favorable aspects of Charlie Strong will always dominate my perception and that of many others. As a program builder, he was a Perfect Storm.

Hiring Bobby Petrino may have been Jurich's best ever hire - and, actually, both times we hired him! LOL. But, somewhere in our hearts of hearts, we want Charlie to do well. Just not so well that he beats us, lol. F--- that.

Reactions: SoulSr and Cue Card
Wow, what a strange take - of course, lol - a UK propagandist.

People were surprised and hurt when Charlie left - what made it 10 times worse was that our future with him was so laid out in front of us all and our gratitude the purist kind of love as he rescued us from Tom Jurich's only real mistake - and a doozy that was, lol.

Our gratitude has never gone anywhere. Fans responded to his jumping to Texas out of emotion - that's what we all do. Comments towards Charlie can run the gamut, but I defy you to find a fan who will not readily acknowledge what Charlie Strong actually accomplished at Louisville. The man graduated 94 of his 97 recruits. He raised and reset academic values in the entire football program. The conditioning he required left a legacy of weight room monsters which Petrino has also encouraged. The favorable aspects of Charlie Strong will always dominate my perception and that of many others. As a program builder, he was a Perfect Storm.

Hiring Bobby Petrino may have been Jurich's best ever hire - and, actually, both times we hired him! LOL. But, somewhere in our hearts of hearts, we want Charlie to do well. Just not so well that he beats us, lol. F--- that.
You danced around the question. If Strong went to UK and had UK rolling for 15 years would it not change your opinion of him regardless of whether or not you can acknowledge what he did for your school? Especially if he were saying some of the things about UL that Rick has about UK and its fans i.e. UL fans don't have lives outside of football, how can you ever really fall in love with the players if they're only there for a year, or that UL football players don't take their academics seriously (all things that he says about OADs but as a clear knock on UK), or if he flipped the bird at UL fans after playing them. I don't think simply being at UL would've been enough to make UK fans at large feel the way they do about Rick. It's a combination of being at UL along with everything else that he's done or said. I'm certain that UL fans' love for Strong would be lost if he did some of the same things at UK that Rick has at UL

You danced around the question. If Strong went to UK and had UK rolling for 15 years would it not change your opinion of him regardless of whether or not you can acknowledge what he did for your school? Especially if he were saying some of the things about UL that Rick has about UK and its fans i.e. UL fans don't have lives outside of football, how can you ever really fall in love with the players if they're only there for a year, or that UL football players don't take their academics seriously (all things that he says about OADs but as a clear knock on UK), or if he flipped the bird at UL fans after playing them. I don't think simply being at UL would've been enough to make UK fans at large feel the way they do about Rick. It's a combination of being at UL along with everything else that he's done or said. I'm certain that UL fans' love for Strong would be lost if he did some of the same things at UK that Rick has at UL

Mods please ban this ignorant and insufferable troll.

Hey catfanforwhateverthatisyourmoniker,maybe Pitino was provoked by some down I-64,making derogatory comments about his wife.Maybe.I don't know,but just maybe.

Absolutely zero of that has relevance or even makes sense. UK fans live such an incredibly unique, reality-resistant fantasy sporting life that you seem to believe the garbage you just printed. I addressed the question very specifically. And, by the way, who has been at your college for 15 years outside of Adolph Rupp? How any conclusion of logic can derive from your whimsical mental masturbation is beyond me.

Reactions: SoulSr and Cue Card

For a team obseesed with winning national championships, they (UK) sure do think about playing against us it seems.

I hope they go 39-1 next season, it'll be pure funny and sad for them.

Are you sure you would want UK to go 39-1? That would mean they would be undefeated all the way to the championship meaning they beat UofL. May want to rethink that...

...if he were saying some of the things about UL that Rick has about UK and its fans...i.e. UL fans don't have lives outside of football...

...if he flipped the bird at UL fans after playing them...
Are you denying anything he has said? And what prompted the bird??

"Elite program", my a$$...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT