ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL A few words on today's ruling...

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
I haven't really gotten around to sharing my thoughts here, so I thought I'd get to that.

The Louisville basketball program has been ranked in the top 25 for 656 weeks.

The Louisville basketball program has won 3 National Championships.

The Louisville basketball program has been to 10 Final Fours.

There are plenty of other accolades to list, but none of that has been relevant over the last five or so years.

One of the best college basketball programs has been dormant. A non-factor. And for many, Louisville basketball has been a constant, fun, thing in their lives.

As a kid growing up, some of the best memories of my childhood looking back, were following around the Louisville basketball program.

As a kid who attended the 2005, 2012, and 2013 Final Fours, it’s been tough seeing a generation grow up without knowing what Louisville basketball is or what it represents.

There has been just an odor, a stinch, a cloud, whatever word you want to use, over this program. It hasn't been cool to be a Louisville basketball fan. And because of that, Louisville has lost out on what feels like a generation of fans.

But, with the ruling today, a new day is here. And the page has been turned. Louisville basketball is free, and as Darrell Griffith said...

"This program will be back."

Hang the banner, get back to winning at a high level, and watch how this fan base comes alive. I've seen it. We've all seen it. There's nothing like it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News