ADVERTISEMENT

5* Matthew Hurt

Kentucky making a late run
Good, that will make five-star kid #44 if I haven't lost track. What's that they say about the definition of insanity?...

Decade%20of%20LPT%20Basketball%20-%20Schultz%202_zpswyzpohr0.jpg

Reactions: earsky
Good, that will make five-star kid #44 if I haven't lost track. What's that they say about the definition of insanity?...

I actually wish we would recruit some bum from the 15th region instead of five star kids.

Usually highly rated white kids don’t leave after one year though so at least we will have that going for us once he inevitably signs with us.

I actually wish we would recruit some bum from the 15th region instead of five star kids.

Usually highly rated white kids don’t leave after one year though so at least we will have that going for us once he inevitably signs with us.
Jackie moon. Offer him now

I personally love the frustration from some, delusion from others...of watching all of that talent stream through with the same results that Tubby Smith achieved. It's a sight to behold...

Last edited:
We really have to get some talented players in the 2019 class. David Johnson, Hurt, and Franklin would be a really solid class.

They were getting pretty racial over there, it sounds like some of them don’t want a white kid. If that is true things have really changed at sUcK they used to brag about how many white players they had on their team.

I personally love the frustration from some, delusion from others...of watching all of that talent stream through with the same results that Tubby Smith achieved. It's a sight to behold...

One title, but another title appearance and a couple more final fours. Definitely better than Tubby's accomplishments at UK. Maybe Hall or Pitino, who also had one title at UK but multiple other Final Fours?

One title, but another title appearance and a couple more final fours...
Those are various forms of goal post management.

What slappies don't comprehend is that "appearances" and F4s don't really mean you're that close. No closer than a school like Loyola-Chicago was to winning a championship.

It's one thing to get to the Final Four, quite another to winning it. There, you face one or two of the truly elite teams that season. Except for one season under Lite, LPT hasn't been truly elite--and 2012 really distilled down to one player.

"Elite program," my a$$...

Those are various forms of goal post management.

What slappies don't comprehend is that "appearances" and F4s don't really mean you're that close. No closer than a school like Loyola-Chicago was to winning a championship.

It's one thing to get to the Final Four, quite another to winning it. There, you face one or two of the truly elite teams that season. Except for one season under Lite, LPT hasn't been truly elite--and 2012 really distilled down to one player.

Don’t narrow this to UK fans. Every fan base reveres final fours including your own. I’ve never seen anyone downplay a FF like you do. You’re not wrong for having your opinion. But you’re wrong if you think it’s popular.

Reactions: Bardman
Don’t narrow this to UK fans. Every fan base reveres final fours including your own. I’ve never seen anyone downplay a FF like you do. You’re not wrong for having your opinion. But you’re wrong if you think it’s popular.
Couldn't tell you how many F4s or E8s U of L has had unless I went back, listed the years, and checked off each one.

That's small time thinking that people with small lives do. Or someone trying to put lipstick on a pig...

Couldn't tell you how many F4s or E8s U of L has had unless I went back, listed the years, and checked off each one.

That's small time thinking that people with small lives do. Or someone trying to put lipstick on a pig...
I don’t know how many FF’s we have either. But I can admit that it is awesome when it happens!

I don’t know how many FF’s we have either. But I can admit that it is awesome when it happens!
No, you just verified it doesn't REALLY mean much to you either. It's face saving AKA "pig lipstick"...

A team that has “NBA All Star” rosters SHOULD make Final Fours. In fact, they should win those tournaments but uahkay has won one with a couple of kids that almost any coach in the known basketball world would have won with. What the cayut fanbase will not admit is that your coach is no better than the guy at Loyola Chicago. Maybe he should be the next coach after the FBI get through with the cayuts.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

No, you just verified it doesn't REALLY mean much to you either. It's face saving AKA "pig lipstick"...
Haha no. You’re trying to redirect the conversation. They hang those banners for a reason. They give the players rings for a reason. 95% of college basketball fans agree that making a final four is an excellent accomplishment. You just so happen to be in the other 5%. That doesn’t make you wrong it just makes you....you.

Haha no. You’re trying to redirect the conversation. They hang those banners for a reason. They give the players rings for a reason. 95% of college basketball fans agree that making a final four is an excellent accomplishment. You just so happen to be in the other 5%. That doesn’t make you wrong it just makes you....you.
Banners are relative. Small schools hang one just for making the NCAA tournament. Getting invited is an honor for them, but that doesn't make it an honor for everyone else.

If you've made as many Final Fours as another school has simply been invited, your banners are equivalent. That doesn't make either achievement great on an absolute basis.

Banners are relative. Small schools hang one just for making the NCAA tournament. Getting invited is an honor for them, but that doesn't make it an honor for everyone else.

If you've made as many Final Fours as another school has simply been invited, your banners are equivalent. That doesn't make either achievement great on an absolute basis.

Lol ok

And here's a podcast with 100% SLAPD!CKS discussing whether a Final Four matters.

Cue to about the 30-minute mark

Interesting that Anthony White discriminates between LPT and Loyola-Chicago each celebrating a Final Four.

I can’t wait to follow this and see how it plays out. Cal vs Mack on the trail for the same kid. Plus from what I read, whomever does get him seems like they’ll be getting a good player and even better kid.

I can name all of UL's final fours without looking them up: 1959, 1972, 1975, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1986, 2005, 2012, 2013. But then again, I'm very much a numbers person and remember numbers well (goes hand-in-hand with being a classical musician).

I know you don’t believe that Cal’s record is anywhere near Tubbys mediocrity.

However, if UK hasn’t been successful under Cal then how do you honestly explain one title and 3 final fours in 15 years with Pitino? Was that an unsuccessful run? Serious question.

I know you don’t believe that Cal’s record is anywhere near Tubbys mediocrity...
Do you understand that "Decade of LPT Basketball..." slogan?
...However, if UK hasn’t been successful under Cal then how do you honestly explain one title and 3 final fours in 15 years with Pitino? Was that an unsuccessful run? Serious question.
I don't have a major issue with Pitino's record here. But we're not walking around claiming to be the best program in the history of basketball. In fact, the subject ain't even about U of L...

proxy.php

Can't believe how someone could questions Cals success at UK ? 1 championship. And in the running for 3 others. Most games won by any school in his stretch. Zipp likes taking a perspective that helps his agenda. But any true knowledgeable basketball person , can see the difference between Tubbys run and Cals. Pretty laughable how some just can't see or admit the truth. RP turned UL around quickly. Crum was headed in a Tubby direction. Only 1 NC. But he had UL in the conversation almost every year..thats being successful..i have no problem speaking the truth. I could easily use Zipps tactics and turn his time in UL a failure. I love the game to much to take away the accomplishments of coaches and young men. Just for jealous petty hurt feelings. Lol. It's comical.

Can't believe how someone could questions Cals success at UK ?

A lot of fans on your own board do it throughout the year and then when the season ends. When I say a lot I mean lots.

The worm can turn but right now the OAD edge UK had just a few years ago has faded and it can't be denied. Factor in the fact that it's just a revolving door and the operation is quite hollow.

Of course supporters are going to have a hard time seeing things like this, or owning them, etc.

Reactions: TDredbird
A lot of fans on your own board do it throughout the year and then when the season ends. When I say a lot I mean lots.

The worm can turn but right now the OAD edge UK had just a few years ago has faded and it can't be denied. Factor in the fact that it's just a revolving door and the operation is quite hollow.

Of course supporters are going to have a hard time seeing things like this, or owning them, etc.
Can’t wait to snag a couple Kentucky boys for the 2019 class

Can't believe how someone could questions Cals success at UK ? 1 championship. And in the running for 3 others. Most games won by any school in his stretch. Zipp likes taking a perspective that helps his agenda. But any true knowledgeable basketball person , can see the difference between Tubbys run and Cals. Pretty laughable how some just can't see or admit the truth. RP turned UL around quickly. Crum was headed in a Tubby direction. Only 1 NC. But he had UL in the conversation almost every year..thats being successful..i have no problem speaking the truth. I could easily use Zipps tactics and turn his time in UL a failure. I love the game to much to take away the accomplishments of coaches and young men. Just for jealous petty hurt feelings. Lol. It's comical.
Zipp’s Cal versus Tubby stance is a masterful troll job on his part. The fact that he can get anyone to take it serious is a victory unto itself. He’s always willing to fall short of a rational personal standpoint just to agitate others. I’ll give him that.

I agree 100% . But im also not that delusional to ignore the success Cal and UK have had since he arrived. Success is measured by more then just banners in my opinion. When you can say 98% of the other schools in the country would consider that stretch a huge success, had it been their school. Then its pretty clear. Zipp is like that nutty progressive liberal or far right conservative. One track mind and delusional. Will fall on the sword no matter what. You just cant take people like that seriously

You sUcK fans must be young because I remember when you use to Bragg about all the white kids on your team and most of them were from Kentucky. Now you have neither.

Reactions: zipp and TDredbird
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT