ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Record Predictions

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
It's close enough to the season now to make a prediction on the eventual won-loss record for the 2017 schedule shown below.

I'm conservatively predicting 9-3 with losses at Florida State, at home against Clemson, and an unexpected 3rd loss on the road either @ NC State or @ Wake Forest. I really think we have a great chance to beat Clemson at PJCS although I'm not ready to predict the win, and I definitely don't think we lose to UK at Kroger Field, where we hold a 9-4 advantage. However, we always seem to have an unexpected road loss along the way. What say you?

Purdue-Boilermakers_70.png
Purdue ‎7‎:‎30‎ ‎PM
‎Sep‎ ‎09 @
north-carolina_70.png
N. Carolina ‎
‎Sep‎ ‎16 vs
ccl.png
Clemson ‎
‎Sep‎ ‎23 vs
kkc.png
Kent St.
‎Sep‎ ‎30 vs
murray_state_racers-2014.png
Murray St.
‎Oct‎ ‎05 @
nnn.png
N.C. State ‎
‎Oct‎ ‎14 vs
bbf.png
Boston Coll.
‎Oct‎ ‎21 @
florida_state_seminoles-2014.png
Florida St.
‎Oct‎ ‎28 @
wwa.png
Wake Forest
‎Nov‎ ‎11 vs
vvb.png
Virginia
‎Nov‎ ‎18 vs
ssw.png
Syracuse
‎Nov‎ ‎25 @
kkd.png
Kentucky

Last edited:
Reactions: American Male
10-2, could be one more loss. I see the D line taking some wear and tear. I hope Im wrong. I do think the Cards pimp slap the Cats this year. I guarantee the team and coaching staff comes out pissed off and whoops that azz.

10-2

Losses to FSU and NCST
Cards would have to turn the ball over several times to lose to NC State. The speed difference in the teams is abundant. I know a Thursday night game on the road is the reason some pick this as a loss but I just don't see it. If the Cards are a team that wins 10 games, they will beat a team like NC State.

So I'm going with 11-1 with the loss to FSU. If I had to pick a 2nd loss as much as I hate to think it, it would be UK. However, I don't think that will happen but if a 10-1 Cards team with a spot in the ACC title game (Assuming FSU loses twice) the UK game may not derail the Cards from the playoff if they win the ACC. Now this also assumes a UK team that's 9-3 or 8-4. A loss to a 6-6 UK team could be dangerous especially if the Cards beat a 7-5 coastal team in the ACC championship.

I don't see the Cards losing to a inferior team the way it looks to me now, but once the season starts, anything can happen. Clemson of course could be the other loss but we Cards fans just can't pick that with how close we've been to beating them when they had Watson. But they have the second most talented roster on the schedule after FSU.

so it's 11-1 and hopefully FSU loses twice.

Reactions: gocds
It's close enough to the season now to make a prediction on the eventual won-loss record for the 2017 schedule shown below.

I'm conservatively predicting 9-3 with losses at Florida State, at home against Clemson, and an unexpected 3rd loss on the road either @ NC State or @ Wake Forest. I really think we have a great chance to beat Clemson at PJCS although I'm not ready to predict the win, and I definitely don't think we lose to UK at Kroger Field, where we hold a 9-4 advantage. However, we always seem to have an unexpected road loss along the way. What say you?

Purdue-Boilermakers_70.png
Purdue ‎7‎:‎30‎ ‎PM
‎Sep‎ ‎09 @
north-carolina_70.png
N. Carolina ‎
‎Sep‎ ‎16 vs
ccl.png
Clemson ‎
‎Sep‎ ‎23 vs
kkc.png
Kent St.
‎Sep‎ ‎30 vs
murray_state_racers-2014.png
Murray St.
‎Oct‎ ‎05 @
nnn.png
N.C. State ‎
‎Oct‎ ‎14 vs
bbf.png
Boston Coll.
‎Oct‎ ‎21 @
florida_state_seminoles-2014.png
Florida St.
‎Oct‎ ‎28 @
wwa.png
Wake Forest
‎Nov‎ ‎11 vs
vvb.png
Virginia
‎Nov‎ ‎18 vs
ssw.png
Syracuse
‎Nov‎ ‎25 @
kkd.png
Kentucky

Well, its depends on which team shows up each game day...They could end up anywhere from 6-6 to 12-0...The Standard Bobby, Jekel and Hyde type team!!!

Best Case:

Purdue - Win (Jeff will have some tricks up his sleeves)
UNC - Win (Good Coach, but they've not seen Lamar in person...Yet)!!!
Clemson - Win (We've lost all three games to them on the last play of the game)!!!
Kent State - Win
Murray State - Win
NC State win (Vengeance is Fruitless)!!!
BC - Win (Just more talented)!!!
FSU - Loss (We've played them close twice and then got tired, and had a bad 3rd and 4th qtrs)!!!
Wake - Win ( Will be a Mean, Physical game...Wake wants to hurt opposing players...Dirty Team and Coach)!!!
UVA - Win (NEVER should have lost the first game to them)!!!
Cause - Win (Will...Be...U-G-L-Y)!!!
Cats - Win (No more letting receivers run free, and less penalties and turnovers)!!!

Worst Case:

Lose to - UNC, Clemson, NC State, FSU, Wake and UK!!!

There's my Jekel and Hyde predictions!!!

:cool:

Reactions: Steelers2012
Well, its depends on which team shows up each game day...They could end up anywhere from 6-6 to 12-0...The Standard Bobby, Jekel and Hyde type team!!!

Best Case:

Purdue - Win (Jeff will have some tricks up his sleeves)
UNC - Win (Good Coach, but they've not seen Lamar in person...Yet)!!!
Clemson - Win (We've lost all three games to them on the last play of the game)!!!
Kent State - Win
Murray State - Win
NC State win (Vengeance is Fruitless)!!!
BC - Win (Just more talented)!!!
FSU - Loss (We've played them close twice and then got tired, and had a bad 3rd and 4th qtrs)!!!
Wake - Win ( Will be a Mean, Physical game...Wake wants to hurt opposing players...Dirty Team and Coach)!!!
UVA - Win (NEVER should have lost the first game to them)!!!
Cause - Win (Will...Be...U-G-L-Y)!!!
Cats - Win (No more letting receivers run free, and less penalties and turnovers)!!!

Worst Case:

Lose to - UNC, Clemson, NC State, FSU, Wake and UK!!!

There's my Jekel and Hyde predictions!!!

:cool:

Boo! That's not a prediction...that's a scope of possibilities. :p
What is your best guess on our final record?

I don't like to make predictions but here goes. My heart would like to say 10-2. There are too many questions about the OL (new and better), depth of the DL and RB positions. I know we have the X, Y and Z factor with Lamar but every opponent is going to key on him. Having said all this, my instincts say 9-3 with losses to FSU, Clemson and possibly a stumble with either UNC or NC State. I just don't think you overcome the consistent recruiting that FSU and Clemson has in one year. Go Cards!

I have no idea, with the way we finished, and all of the coaching changes. My heart says, FSU beats Bama, and we beat Clemson, and the match in Tallahassee is for number one. Then, we meet the surprising SEC East champs in Lexington for a possible play off spot. Just my heart talking.

9-3. Losses to FSU, Clemson, and UK. I really don't see why some of you guys are giving Wake Forest so much credit.
UofL will have to keep 8 in the box against us. Benny Snell Jr. Will make that happen. We saw how a run first team exposed UofLs secondary last year. I think we can pick our poison this year. Shut down the passing game, and Benny will run wild all day. Shut down the run and we will see a repeat of last year.

9-3. Losses to FSU, Clemson, and UK. I really don't see why some of you guys are giving Wake Forest so much credit.
UofL will have to keep 8 in the box against us. Benny Snell Jr. Will make that happen. We saw how a run first team exposed UofLs secondary last year. I think we can pick our poison this year. Shut down the passing game, and Benny will run wild all day. Shut down the run and we will see a repeat of last year.
It ain't happening buddy. The Cards secondary is deep and talented. You guys better be awesome or hope we're hurting because it will get ugly for the men in blue.

UofL 48
UK. 23

What a joke, you guys are giddy because you went 7-6...lol

Ok I'll bite. Why Wake? They have been a bottom feeder in this conference every year since we joined the acc.

Cards always seem to lay an egg somewhere on the road (UVA last year). Wake will be better this year per Anthlon. I'm sure their fan base will play up the Wakey leeks issue from last year. This game scares me.

Well, considering the Cards were favored at kick off against the Seminoles, winning that game wasn't a fluke. Yes, the 43 point margin was but the loss to UK as a 27 point favorite was a fluke as was Lamar's ground caused fumble at the end.

You guys are improved and I expect another bowl game but nowhere near what's happening with the Cards. But you never know. Anything can happen with college teams.

We AIN'T losing to UK in football 2 years in a row period.

Never been so ready for a football game ever. September 16th, PLEASE UofL PLEASE beat Clemson like you did FSU. C'mon gameday, join in again on the fun! I'll finally be in the student section too.

Last edited:
Cards always seem to lay an egg somewhere on the road (UVA last year). Wake will be better this year per Anthlon. I'm sure their fan base will play up the Wakey leeks issue from last year. This game scares me.
That is valid, but like NC State, we appear to have wake's number since joining the ACC. UVA is always a close game and we have actually dropped a game to them. However, wake and NC state are on the road this year, so I would say it's more likely we lose one of those 2. I would have picked NC State though just because they have been better than wake. No game is a throwaway in conference play. Every team on our conference schedule has played us close or beaten us at least once in the last 3 years.

I have cautious optimism. Skill positions, speed, I have got no problems with. The OL and DL, I'm going to have see them play before I am able to go all in for a very successful season. I think the OL will be improved. It's a matter of staying healthy on DL.

I'll say 10-2, but I'd want 11-1.

Losses: FSU and NCState (Potentially)

Put it this way, if we lose to anyone else (exempt Clemson although we should win), then we might as well sell the season or the hype.

Well, considering the Cards were favored at kick off against the Seminoles, winning that game wasn't a fluke. Yes, the 43 point margin was but the loss to UK as a 27 point favorite was a fluke as was Lamar's ground caused fumble at the end.

You guys are improved and I expect another bowl game but nowhere near what's happening with the Cards. But you never know. Anything can happen with college teams.
If you remember, Benny fumbled right before then, when we was threatening.

9-3...losses to NC State, FSU & Clemson...Kentucky a close win but the Wildcats are solid this year...would not surprise me if they finished 3rd in the SEC East behind Florida & Georgia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT