ADVERTISEMENT

2017-18 season what must we do to be champions?

beasleythecard

Four-Star Poster
Jan 7, 2007
louisville
Curious to know what other fans believe we need to improve upon to be a championship team. Whether it is offensively or defensive or even special teams, what do you personally believe the team needs to do better to be a championship level team and compete for the National Championship?

Reactions: wilkie01
Finish. Finish plays, finish games, finish the season. We slipped in all of those this year.

Ive spent a lot of time watching Bama this year and the thing that sets them apart is that they show up consistently every game. It's almost like a business to them. They don't overlook or disrespect any opponent. They start as strong as they finish. If they do lapse, it may be for a quarter or so then it's back to business. They're champs and they know it.

more than linemen or coaching of them, I bleieve fans need to show up and be in their seats, and stay the whole game.

Teams comeback because our crowd leaves after the 3rd quarter.

This team deserves our noise to motivate them in my opinion. (we are lacking in that department )

Im not totally blaming the fans on that one. Have you seen next years home schedule? Be prepared to moan and hold your nose except for the Clemson game.

Im not totally blaming the fans on that one. Have you seen next years home schedule? Be prepared to moan and hold your nose except for the Clemson game.
western kentucky
chattanooga
kent state

three of the home games alabama played and they show up and are loud. they play championship football and the crowd is behind them, AND THERE !!!

I just saw the heading and saw 2017-18 Champion and it made me feel like, "what the hell kind of futuristic accomplishment are you talking about? Getting old I guess.

Great question that deserves a lot of thought.

Reactions: beasleythecard
Curious to know what other fans believe we need to improve upon to be a championship team. Whether it is offensively or defensive or even special teams, what do you personally believe the team needs to do better to be a championship level team and compete for the National Championship?
Basically, polish up and we wouldn't have lost any games except for Houston.

By polished, I mean disciplined. Examples; fumbles , penalties, and knowing where the first down markers are. Fix those and we would have been a one loss team at Houston.

Make far fewer mistakes, and convince Nick Saban to retire....

I've been wondering about that. What's he got left to prove? He has nowhere to go but down. Is that where you want to be always stuck at is no place to go but down?

I honestly think he'll win 1 or 2 more and give it another crack in the NFL. Guys at that level are driven by ego as much as anything. They want to succeed at it all. He's been in the NFL, but he didn't conquer it. It's the only piece missing for him. I think he winds up giving it one more shot. JMO........

Punt return needs some attention, kickoff return as well.
just education on when to come out/ risk it and when to take a knee.

I would also love to see us improve in the redzone with special packages. mixing power football and the TE pass, as well as the fade like we did with Devante.

1. Depth. Guys will get hurt, and we need to replace them with quality.
  2. Reduce dumb penalties and fumbles.
  3. Lamar must continue to improve (I think he will).

Depth, especially the off and def line, thought it really hurt you guys against Clemson toward the end of the game. Great year for you guys even though it may not have played out like you wanted congrats!!!

Depth, especially the off and def line, thought it really hurt you guys against Clemson toward the end of the game. Great year for you guys even though it may not have played out like you wanted congrats!!!
was told that we have a lot of guys that redshirted, and to expect major change with our offensive line. I hope it is true because the line is the heartbeat of the team.

Reduce the amount of turnovers for sure.
Much better Oline play.
Less penalties
Big drops (oh wait! Quick is graduating) ✅

we have been cutting the dead weight and picking up better guys of late. glad the staff acknowledges that the line MUST improve dramatically. They are getting quality guys in here.

will be attending a few 7 on 7 drills to ook at our skill guys. hopefully they wear out a juggs machine this summer and get crisp on routes and the playbook.

c6ba2e3fdaf21790b23ae8064daee92d.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT