ADVERTISEMENT

2/5/22 LOUISVILLE AT SYRACUSE GAME THREAD - 2:00 PM ESPN2

Go Cards!

Interested to see how Pegues attacks the Cuse zone today.
Nothing too complicated just got to hit open shots . However that has been the issue mainly with this team. I pretty much have a feeling how this is going to go. Crawford put out a stat on this team vs zone and it is not good whatsoever.

Worth noting, with Syracuse coming up: Louisville has scored on 31% of its possessions against zone defense this season. Its 0.768 points per possession vs. zone defenses ranks ranks No. 327 out of 358 Division I teams.

Reactions: shadow force
Remember when this used to be a must see big game in CBB? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Listening to Gameday discussing the future of the ACC in CBB was like listening to nails on the chalk board in school. The Carolina homers talking up how Duke and UNC will stay at the top and be status quo chalk forever.

I may have missed it...but I didn't hear them say anything about the Cards or Cuse in this BS session on who will rise to the top to maybe challenge those 2 for supremacy going forward.

It was also a pretty harsh commentary on where the league ranks vs the other top leagues this year.

Said ACC needs to step up in the recruiting department big time. One of the wanks touted Wake Forrest as the up and coming team to challenge as the best of the also rans. Ouch. That would be news to FSU and Miami...made me choke on my drink and spit it out. Sickening to think that is the national perception of the league now.:mad:

Seems like since the ACC expanded with the BE teams coming on board....that the league has steadily trended down in the CBB world. So sad! I never saw this coming.

Your thoughts?

Reactions: shadow force
Remember when this used to be a must see big game in CBB? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Listening to Gameday discussing the future of the ACC in CBB was like listening to nails on the chalk board in school. The Carolina homers talking up how Duke and UNC will stay at the top and be status quo chalk forever.

I may have missed it...but I didn't hear them say anything about the Cards or Cuse in this BS session on who will rise to the top to maybe challenge those 2 for supremacy going forward.

It was also a pretty harsh commentary on where the league ranks vs the other top leagues this year.

Said ACC needs to step up in the recruiting department big time. One of the wanks touted Wake Forrest as the up and coming team to challenge as the best of the also rans. Ouch. That would be news to FSU and Miami...made me choke on my drink and spit it out. Sickening to think that is the national perception of the league now.:mad:

Seems like since the ACC expanded with the BE teams coming on board....that the league has steadily trended down in the CBB world. So sad! I never saw this coming.

Your thoughts?
All i'm going to say speaking about the Cards is thans Rick. We more than likely would not be struggling but we limped into the ACC with issues And continued to shoot ourselves in the foot while here.

• Haha
Reactions: BPGhost
Just want the team to get a win. The effort, hustle, and heart have been there the last couple of games. Just couldn't quite get over the hump. But yeah hitting shots today would be huge.

Reactions: Mayoman
To beat this zone, you pull Gorgi out to the high post, and have Trez attack on the baseline. Replace Gorgi with Withers, and Trez with Curry.

I would love to see UofL leave the ACC for the Big 10 but it's not going to happen. I didn't think Louisville should even be in the Atlantic Coast Conference, but we needed to find a power conference so I understood why the move was made.

I think the Big 10 would be the natural and best conference for UofL but there's never been any real talk about it.

Your thoughts?
Well just 3 things. Boeheim, Hamilton and Larragna (sp) are probably the next 3 coaches to retire. Unlike UNC and Duke, do they have the pedigree to continued success?

Man I could make a fortune if Vegas had odds for Louisville and loose balls leading to 3 pointers. I have never seen a worse team in regards to loose balls. It's like it's a requirement for each game.

This season cannot end soon enough. My wife asks me everytime the Cards are on why I torture myself. I guess I feel like I'm supposed to.

Well just 3 things. Boeheim, Hamilton and Larragna (sp) are probably the next 3 coaches to retire. Unlike UNC and Duke, do they have the pedigree to continued success?
Syracuse will always be alright they are in a recruiting hotbed .

I would love to see UofL leave the ACC for the Big 10 but it's not going to happen. I didn't think Louisville should even be in the Atlantic Coast Conference, but we needed to find a power conference so I understood why the move was made.

I think the Big 10 would be the natural and best conference for UofL but there's never been any real talk about it.
I would rather be there ,the officiating in the ACC is sketchy .

They have played this game their whole life and look like they just picked up a ball yesterday.

Everyone saw the expected bump in effort against Duke and UNC after getting rid of Mack and in support of Pegues but we’re back to what this team is, a team with no identity and no consistency on either end of the court.

They still play with effort for Pegues but this is one team that is truly rudderless.

Everyone saw the expected bump in effort against Duke and UNC after getting rid of Mack and in support of Pegues but we’re back to what this team is, a team with no identity and no consistency on either end of the court.

They still play with effort for Pegues but this is one team that is truly rudderless.
Mack failed miserably at player development in fact they all got worse which is hard to accomplish.

Reactions: Louisvillian

And no basketball IQ. I have never seen so many poor decision makers on one team.

Losing by 30 to a 11-11 team should close the door on Pegues. Surely Louisville can do better than Willard, or Davenport.

Unless they are retiring this year...your point is moot. Their hires can't be any less spectacular than Duke's and UNC's. My point was the talking heads only see tobacco road teams as worthy of ruling the ACC...it is so biased and short sighted it is sickening. To not eve nmention Cuse and the Cards makes it even worse based on their CBB history and all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT