ADVERTISEMENT

2/1/21 LOUISVILLE VS GEORGIA TECH GAME THREAD- 2:00 ACCN

One would think with GT coming off a big home win less than 48 hours ago and having to play a road game against Louisville at 2 pm, may start the game slowly while the home team who hasn't played since losing at Clemson 5 days ago, would start out fast.

We'll see.

The Cards are the worse team I've seen at loose balls, deflected balls and long rebounds. Even when it looks like they have the ball, they dont.

There were several fouls against both teams that were not called to end the first half. The Ga Tech guy got clobbered and a no call and he looked really upset by it. Then there was a Ga Tech guy pushing the Louisville player all the way down court and no foul but we scored on that. Wait and watch they will call Ricky tacky fouls when the game is on the line.

GT is getting their best looks for layups and open 3s when they push the ball for early offense. We'll have to work harder on getting back in 2nd half. But we are starting to play hard after a slow start

Reactions: Deeva
That Tech guy squeezed his arm to his body trapping Withers arm making it look like Withers was holding him.

Wow, I’ve missed most of this game and sorry I did. We need Sam doing doubles more often.

It's weird watching Pastner teams. He is an above average to good coach, not great, not special, but just ok. His teams seem to play well and he can develop guys, but they're just so inconsistent & can't get over the hump of tournament success. Even at Memphis State, he had good clubs that couldn't finish.

Remember in 2014, they swept our team that ran through the regular season. He almost reminds me of a Tom Crean, good enough to have the job, but just absolutely reached his ceiling as a coach. High floor, but no hope for big time success.

It's weird watching Pastner teams. He is an above average to good coach, not great, not special, but just ok. His teams seem to play well and he can develop guys, but they're just so inconsistent & can't get over the hump of tournament success. Even at Memphis State, he had good clubs that couldn't finish.

Remember in 2014, they swept our team that ran through the regular season. He almost reminds me of a Tom Crean, good enough to have the job, but just absolutely reached his ceiling as a coach. High floor, but no hope for big time success.
His coaching has improved over the years .The problem his teams have always had is on the defensive side . He iseems to know offense pretty good but not defense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT