ADVERTISEMENT

1st Three Games

When Evan first arrived as a freshman, I saw some real potential. What he may have lacked in talent, he displayed an innate ability to compensate by showing mature pocket presence, and vision …… the coaches loved that aspect.

It does appear now that his injury is career ending here.
He could have been a good QB for a team that had an OLine.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Syracuse, UCF, FSU. This will be the most important stretch of games in Satt’s career. If he goes 3-0, we are well positioned for success. 2-1 and we are basically continuing our slightly above average ways but would have optimism for the rest of the season. 1-2 or 0-3 would totally derail the momentum we have gotten from recruiting and would put us back on Jeff Brohm watch.
Tonight was the most winnable game of the three. Saddle up. Gonna be a long season. Destroyed everything we built from the day is criminal.

Before the season, I thought we could win 7 games. What a disappointment. Definitely had to be 2-1 or 3-0 in this stretch as schedule gets tougher. Going to be tough to win 5 games to be at least .500. Staring at a losing season. Hope Heird is researching replacement of Satterfield.

Syracuse, UCF, FSU. This will be the most important stretch of games in Satt’s career. If he goes 3-0, we are well positioned for success. 2-1 and we are basically continuing our slightly above average ways but would have optimism for the rest of the season. 1-2 or 0-3 would totally derail the momentum we have gotten from recruiting and would put us back on Jeff Brohm watch.
Here we are. Regarding Brohm, Purdue is at Syracuse today. Should be interesting.

Reactions: Mayoman
Now that we are thru three games and are 1-2 it seems appropriate to revisit this.
I just now saw this thread (OP, end of July). It is one of the best threads I can remember and I have been playing here over 20 years! There is some excellent commentary in this thread.

The OP, IMO, correctly cited 3 season opening possibilities (3-0, 2-1 and 1-2/0-3) and projected the likely consequences of each.

And here we are at 1-2 with most of the "hard" games still on the schedule. I can't imagine what a PU win over Syracuse today might stir up.

Peace

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT