ADVERTISEMENT

(16) LOUISVILLE VS. (11) VIRGINIA- GAME THREAD

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
The brutal Jan/Feb ACC grind begins today.

Hope the Cards kick it off with a big win against UVA.

GO CARDS!

That's really good to hear, Steelers. With Rick you just have to wait until the actual game to see who will be playing and who won't be sometimes.

Cards very sloppy so far with turnovers. Look out of sorts on offense. Lee not hot from outside so far.

We look way out of sync I also think Johnson Onauku look slow and they aren't strong with the ball.

The offense and defense is way out of sorts. Cavs getting what they want on both ends.

VA is able to pass the ball around until they get someone open but we can't shake their defense to get anybody open. VA is playing the better game right now, we are making way too many mistakes.

Looks like everyone was more concerned about the white out and Pitino's suit than the actual game. They don't look prepared for the Virginia defense with all these turnovers. Nanu must be sick because he has no energy.

Reactions: LouisvilleKid79
Nothing falling on offense and can't make close up shots. Credit to Virginia on defense for some our woes though. Lee and Onuaku out for the first half could spell disaster.

I hope the players learned something in the first half.....cause UVA just took them to school in all facits of the game. :(

Hopefully Pitino has some halftime adjustments and that the Cards can get on track or it will be blowout city.

I still say we don't look prepared for the Virginia defense and I don't know why. We had to know that our bigs will be double teamed and that Virginia would reach in on the drives to the goal. Lee having to sit early with two fouls really killed us because it's going to take some one on one offense to score in this game. If we keep trying to get paint touches with Johnson, Anas and Ray we're going to continue to see missed close in shots and turnovers.

Nanu looks tepid which may be due to his illness so we need to let it fly from outside and hope to get hot. Make Virginia cover shooters and then maybe we can go inside or get some offensive rebounds? If we continue to miss 3's it will be a 20 point loss at home and a lot of unhappy confused fans.

Just a bad team matchup for us. We only scored 13 points in the first half @ UVA last year on the way to a 52-47 loss. The good news...we won the rematch @ Lousville 59-57 later in the year. Don't think this game will be NEAR that close apparently.

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11
Looks like everyone was more concerned about the white out and Pitino's suit than the actual game. They don't look prepared for the Virginia defense with all these turnovers. Nanu must be sick because he has no energy.

This^ These guys were not focused or ready for this game today at all.

Reactions: pervisl
Give UVA the credit, they are a senior laden team! They are good! UNC game is looming...:(

Virginia was the better team today and I hope we learned something today. I also hope we are able to put this game behind us and get ready for UNC.

Reactions: bloodguard13
Louisville can't shoot at the Yum Center, even right under the basket. Do they practice there or on campus? You know you're in trouble when your opponent shoots a higher percentage in your own house.

First loss in 15 games at home wearing the white, worst loss in Yum Center... Feels like that CRP will say I knew this was coming speech. I told them it was coming.... Motivation for playing UNC on Monday..

First loss in 15 games at home wearing the white, worst loss in Yum Center... Feels like that CRP will say I knew this was coming speech. I told them it was coming.... Motivation for playing UNC on Monday..
Bingo! Said it just now he did old Yodi Fan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT