ADVERTISEMENT

(11) LOUISVILLE VS (6) FLORIDA STATE GAME THREAD- 7:00 ESPN

Kratz said:

Nwora showed tonight what I've said all season: He's capable of disappearing at any given point or any given game. That's what keeps him from being a "great" player.

All the more reason he SHOULD NOT come back.
[/quote]
He’ll make a good overseas player. He’ll get drafted 2d round and promptly get sent to the D league and then overseas.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
No one should be surprised. FSU is a terrible matchup for Louisvillle. They could play 10 times and Louisville would struggle to beat them once. On offense their guards just bully Louisville guards and shoot right over them. You could see guys clapping to get them the ball when Ryan was guarding them. Ryan played solid defense but they just shot right over top of him. On defense they just get in their space and force them to drive and dish. Johnson is the player that can handle that kind of pressure but you have to have more.

Officiating was garbage in the second half but Louisville had no shot.

Plenty of blame to go around, Mack was awful, 50 POINTS GIVEN UP IN THE SECOND HALF!! We ran the same inbounds play over and over and over. Dribble dribble dribble jack up bad shot.

Ive resisted complaining about coaching, but I’m not impressed right now. Hate the dribble first offense, there appears to be no press break, they need to practice the zone defense more because they get beat off the dribble consistently in man to man, and his player rotation is curious. He forgets Williamson for long stretches and all along should’ve been getting his 10 and 11 guys a little run. Likes Kimble way too much, and overexposes him.

Having said that, they aren’t as talented as some think. Nwora soft. Enoch soft. Guards limited, some very limited. DJ will be a star if he develops a shot. Williamson too...needs more minutes.

Yeah its disgusting. But in all fairness we had some chances to steal this one but when we get down there is no sense of urgency or shall I say " controlled" sense of urgency. We get all skiddish and start vomiting all over ourselves. I just hope there's nothing too major with Malik as Enoch can't handle the load by himself depending on matchups. FSU just played like they wanted it more. It is what it is. Alright family goodnight.

3 games in 6 days and this 3rd game was the very worse match up of all 3. Combine that with Williams going down and the second half meltdown isn't really surprising. I could feel it coming on. Needed to just let it play out without the emotion. Hopefully Malik isn't hurt as badly as I feel he is.

The fact of the matter is, we cannot handle teams that play a pressure defense. All other teams have to do is get in our face and we fold like a bed sheet.

Bad confluence of factors:

- losing Malik hurt our ability to match their length
- Refs called shooting foul on 4 straight possessions
- 15 fouls called on us in second half
- tough whistle on DJ forced us to use short guards too much in second half
- Nwora and McMahon missed open 3s in second half
- Enoch not playing at 100% and looked fatigued

Bad confluence of factors:

- losing Malik hurt our ability to match their length
- Refs called shooting foul on 4 straight possessions
- 15 fouls called on us in second half
- tough whistle on DJ forced us to use short guards too much in second half
- Nwora and McMahon missed open 3s in second half
- Enoch not playing at 100% and looked fatigued

That's pretty much spot on. I would add that those whistles happened because FSU's guards were more aggressive taking the ball to the rack. DJ needs to learn how to fall down instead of absorbing the contact while on defense. Seems that's the only way a defender gets a friendly whistle.

No shame in losing at FSU.

But when you lose to Clemson and GT like we did, this is a game we needed.

This team is good, but they just don’t fit together. I think they’ve kinda reached their ceiling and we know how good they can be at times, hopefully a good tournament draw and we can get hot. I just don’t feel confident in this team having to play 6 tough games in a row.

Reactions: Cue Card and Deeva
This team has zero chance against a super athletic team without Johnson. With Johnson they can play with anyone as long as they play with energy. Once he got in foul trouble they had zero answers. He is still turning over too much but that is a freshman playing in a big environment.

Their margin for error is very small against teams like FSU.

This team has zero chance against a super athletic team without Johnson. With Johnson they can play with anyone as long as they play with energy. Once he got in foul trouble they had zero answers. He is still turning over too much but that is a freshman playing in a big environment.

Their margin for error is very small against teams like FSU.
It takes DJ and Malik along with the rest of the rotation and even then it's going to be a battle.

I will agree with Bilas on this one. U of L lacks a true PG and will keep them from getting to FF. DJ is a better option but a 4 asst to 6 TOs is not good. We had 8 assists total. I know we were playing Syracuse’s zone but we had 20+ assists in that game and our offense looked fluid. 1-12 from 3 point land won’t win you many games.

Last edited:
I will agree with Bilas on this one. U of L lacks a true PG and will keep them from getting to FF. DJ is a better option but a 4 asst to 6 TOs is not good. We had 8 assists total. I know we were playing Syracuse’s zone but we had 20+ assists in that game and our offense looked fluid. 1-12 from 3 point land won’t win you many games.
I like Bilas but he also contradicted himself and said both UofL and FSU could win it all.

We got a really good team when they play like a team and run offensive sets. The defense is strong enough but they cannot get in the habit of just dribbling and dribbling then going one on one which is what happened last night in the second half once FSU brought the intense defensive pressure.

I like Bilas but he also contradicted himself and said both UofL and FSU could win it all.

We got a really good team when they play like a team and run offensive sets. The defense is strong enough but they cannot get in the habit of just dribbling and dribbling then going one on one which is what happened last night in the second half once FSU brought the intense defensive pressure.
No, what he said was that both teams could win it all but when talking about U of L, he was asked what would be the one thing keeping them from winning it all and his response was “lack of a true PG”

No, what he said was that both teams could win it all but when talking about U of L, he was asked what would be the one thing keeping them from winning it all and his response was “lack of a true PG”
Yes, so he said we could win it all then turned right around and said why we won't. He's playing both sides so he can't be wrong. Maybe Jay needs to think about a political career.

Reactions: PHCARD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT