ADVERTISEMENT

11:00 am on 3/26/19...

Dude is already arrested an hour and a half in. Convienent.

What a buffoon. Who in their right mind thinks they can extort a company as big as Nike. He's lucky they just didn't whack him like a Saprano's episode. This is comical. Leaves you wondering though if he had any real info on Nike, or was just going to throw out a bunch of BS to get their stock to drop like he was threatening.

People have rightly questioned Avenatti’s methods and ethics but, no one has correctly challenged the veracity of his facts / claims. Whatever he has won’t be kept quiet for long. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Avenatti is a tool and I do not believe anything he says. Not exactly someone with high moral values.

Karen Sypher went to prison for extorting Pitino. But, she still had goods on him. I’m hopeful this guy has the goods too!!!

Only a blind Nike school loving follower would believe adidas was competing against itself. Get real big blue.
According to Jakarii on RR, who is part of the AAU circuit, Avenattis source has about the same credibility level as Jose Canseco.

no one has correctly challenged the veracity of his facts / claims.
Um, Swetnick accused Judge Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct at parties while he was a student at Georgetown Preparatory School in the 1980s. Her allegation was conveyed in a statement posted on Twitter by her lawyer, Michael Avenatti.

Turns out she was full of it, and I'm pretty sure Avenatti is too.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
People have rightly questioned Avenatti’s methods and ethics but, no one has correctly challenged the veracity of his facts / claims. Whatever he has won’t be kept quiet for long. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Really? He claimed Bret Kavanaugh had rape parties. I'm pretty sure almost everyone questioned him on that. The man is slime, willing to do and say anything to make money.

Reactions: Cue Card
I want people here to understand that it would be epic IF this asshat was actually telling the truth and has proof that NIKE is eyeball deep in corruption, but I would feel a whole lot better about this if the lid was blown off by someone who has more credibility as a human being.

The story I gathered...could be wrong.

1. A former AAU coach in California had a team was the guy
2. He had a Nike Sponsorship for his AAU team.
3. That "sponsorship" gave him a $72,000 salary
4. Nike cut it off.
5. He went to Avenatti with the "dirt"
6. Avenatti demanded a large payment in order to shut down the press conference tomorrow
7. Wanted a settlement for his client plus a large fee for himself.
8. Avenatti wanted Nike to hire him as an internal staff investigator to look into the charges
9. Told Nike if they didn't pay him it would just take down their market value.
10. Feds got everything.

Man - what the hell were those Congressional hearings about then? o_O

Another spot on take by you. Never change - lol.
My memory is a little fuzzy and that was a long time ago. But wasn’t there a lot of time between canseco’s claims and actual action? Canseco wrote his book because no one would listen to him.

Was canseco handed a cease and desist? Because this guy certainly has. The fact that this guy sucks so bad is actually good news for guilty parties if there are any. This will be a wild rollercoaster.

The story I gathered...could be wrong.

1. A former AAU coach in California had a team was the guy
2. He had a Nike Sponsorship for his AAU team.
3. That "sponsorship" gave him a $72,000 salary
4. Nike cut it off.
5. He went to Avenatti with the "dirt"
6. Avenatti demanded a large payment in order to shut down the press conference tomorrow
7. Wanted a settlement for his client plus a large fee for himself.
8. Avenatti wanted Nike to hire him as an internal staff investigator to look into the charges
9. Told Nike if they didn't pay him it would just take down their market value.
10. Feds got everything.
Not to mention that after he threatened nike they said hang on we’ll call ya back. Then they called him back to record the extortion. Lol. What a brainiac.

According to Jakarii on RR, who is part of the AAU circuit, Avenattis source has about the same credibility level as Jose Canseco.

Your source is from RR? Lol. Either way, Conseco spilled the beans on many top MLBers at the time Juicing, which turned out to be 100% true.

Guessing Avenatti won’t be holding his press conference from prison tomorrow...!

What a buffoon. Who in their right mind thinks they can extort a company as big as Nike. He's lucky they just didn't whack him like a Saprano's episode. This is comical. Leaves you wondering though if he had any real info on Nike, or was just going to throw out a bunch of BS to get their stock to drop like he was threatening.

Avenatti apparently believed he had the tip of the iceberg through his client, and then once he held his press conference, he was going to be inundated with claims of Nike corruption from sources all over the country - 90% of which was going to be BS, but 10% would be legit.

Turns out he was the AAU coach of DeAndre Ayton and Bol Bol.

Ayton...I think the FBI scandal already has evidence on that...and if he didn't talk to the FBI...he really must not be thinking correctly.

Bol Bol didn't play...but does that cause any distraction for the Ducks?

Bol
Turns out he was the AAU coach of DeAndre Ayton and Bol Bol.

Ayton...I think the FBI scandal already has evidence on that...and if he didn't talk to the FBI...he really must not be thinking correctly.

Bol Bol didn't play...but does that cause any distraction for the Ducks?
Bol Bol did play for Oregon but was injured during the course of the season.

Conseco is out there though was the point. If Avanetti has anything real, it will come out firfsure now.

Out there how? Don’t forget he was a whistle blower, so everyone was jumping on the “I hate Conseco” bus, but that didn’t mean he wasn’t telling the truth. Conseco and Avanetti are nowhere close to being in like situations, Conseco was in the locker rooms getting steroids for big name players, you just used a bad analogy between him and Avanetti. As far as Avanetti, I doubt he’d go at Nike for 20 mil if he didn’t have anything, but who knows what he has, hopefully we’ll find out instead of hearing rumors like we’re hearing now.

Reactions: BPGhost
My memory is a little fuzzy and that was a long time ago. But wasn’t there a lot of time between canseco’s claims and actual action? Canseco wrote his book because no one would listen to him.

Was canseco handed a cease and desist? Because this guy certainly has. The fact that this guy sucks so bad is actually good news for guilty parties if there are any. This will be a wild rollercoaster.
1. What does the amount of time between claim and action have to do with the veracity of the claim?
2. Canseco wrote his book for the money.
3. A cease and desist is a legal maneuver - nothing more - and certainly not evidence of who’s telling the truth.
4. Contrary to the way the right wing media has been trying to spin Avenatti’s career - he’s been incredibly successful as an attorney - anyone that thinks he “sucks” isn’t being objective.
5. Google is your friend.

1. What does the amount of time between claim and action have to do with the veracity of the claim?
2. Canseco wrote his book for the money.
3. A cease and desist is a legal maneuver - nothing more - and certainly not evidence of who’s telling the truth.
4. Contrary to the way the right wing media has been trying to spin Avenatti’s career - he’s been incredibly successful as an attorney - anyone that thinks he “sucks” isn’t being objective.
5. Google is your friend.

1. Ford motor company invented the model T a long time ago. Those old timers don’t get to take credit for the mustang. See what I mean about the time between?

2. Agreed. It was also a way for him to tell his story to someone who may care. Because baseball didn’t at the time. They dismissed him

3. You missed the point. A Cease and desist would simply shut him up. Prevent him from telling his story. Canseco didn’t have one so he was shouting from the mountain tops.

4. He defended Scott Peterson (murderer), Colin kapernick (anti American IMO), Michael Jackson (pedo), and stormy Daniels. He’s also astronomically in debt (according to reports). This guy is also an idiot the way he got himself in this situation (looking at potentially 50 years in prison). He sucks and that’s my opinion. You won’t change my mind.

5. Google rocks

Reactions: PHCARD
1. Ford motor company invented the model T a long time ago. Those old timers don’t get to take credit for the mustang. See what I mean about the time between?

2. Agreed. It was also a way for him to tell his story to someone who may care. Because baseball didn’t at the time. They dismissed him

3. You missed the point. A Cease and desist would simply shut him up. Prevent him from telling his story. Canseco didn’t have one so he was shouting from the mountain tops.

4. He defended Scott Peterson (murderer), Colin kapernick (anti American IMO), Michael Jackson (pedo), and stormy Daniels. He’s also astronomically in debt (according to reports). This guy is also an idiot the way he got himself in this situation (looking at potentially 50 years in prison). He sucks and that’s my opinion. You won’t change my mind.

5. Google rocks
1. Your analogies are as poor as your takes. For your analogy to remotely fit the Canseco story, those “old timers” would have come up with the plans to the mustang but, they wouldn’t have been found until years later. Of course, that’s not at all what happened in the Canseco situation but, at least now you have a better understanding of how analogies work.
2. Baseball “dismissed” Canseco - not because he was incorrect - because they had a financial interest in keeping that information quiet.
3. You don’t understand the point - yours or mine. A cease and desist would not “shut up” any person with means or a legal background - both of which Avenatti has.
4. I wasn’t trying to “change your mind”. I was giving you objective facts. That you have decided to form your opinion on feelings rather than facts - explains a lot about you and your decision making. Your characterization of Kaepernick as “anti-American” shows you don’t have the most basic idea of what being an American means.
5. Google only rocks if you use it now and again.

Now, do us all a favor and piss off.

1. Your analogies are as poor as your takes. For your analogy to remotely fit the Canseco story, those “old timers” would have come up with the plans to the mustang but, they wouldn’t have been found until years later. Of course, that’s not at all what happened in the Canseco situation but, at least now you have a better understanding of how analogies work.
2. Baseball “dismissed” Canseco - not because he was incorrect - because they had a financial interest in keeping that information quiet.
3. You don’t understand the point - yours or mine. A cease and desist would not “shut up” any person with means or a legal background - both of which Avenatti has.
4. I wasn’t trying to “change your mind”. I was giving you objective facts. That you have decided to form your opinion on feelings rather than facts - explains a lot about you and your decision making. Your characterization of Kaepernick as “anti-American” shows you don’t have the most basic idea of what being an American means.
5. Google only rocks if you use it now and again.

Now, do us all a favor and piss off.
Well speaking of google, have you googled this guy at all? Because I don’t think he’s worth a white knight rescue. Plenty of objective facts to be found along with a pretty dirty list of laundry. But it’s ok to agree to disagree. This certainly is a hot button topic. Clearly

This is really similar to Canseco. The presence on steroids drove MLB down the path they knowing went down. The presence of steroids controlled baseball because it made baseball fun to watch, but they all knew if it came out the game would change. Everyone in the MLB, including the media, didn't care because it was making everyone money and story lines.

Nike is the steroid that has been in the game for a really long time. Nike is engrained in the college basketball system at the high school, university, AAU, and NCAA level. They, in many ways, control college basketball. They aren't clean and never have been clean. They have too much invested in not controlling where players go. Why do you think the SEC has all of sudden started landing 5 stars at all their programs instead of just UK? The SEC knew they had to put a good product on TV. In comes Nike and ESPN we will get you players. Why can't any program in the ACC, outside of Duke, Carolina, and FSU land 5 star kids in a regular basis? Nike controls college basketball and these supposed great coaches all should be kissing the Nike ring.

You could say from strictly a basketball perspective the biggest mistake Jurich made was going with Adidas. They didn't control enough player to support their programs. Kansas was the coach cow for them, they got all the elite players, They were trying to expand and were making ground then bang FBI.

The only thing saving college basketball is the ultimate equalizer the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: kentuckyshame
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT