ADVERTISEMENT

1 more to Omaha

Dec 6, 2008
That wasn't pretty with all the runners we left on but the guys did what needed to be done when it mattered most. Great win for sure. And I would like to tip my hat to Lucas who played off that ball in the butt cheek and allowed the runner to advance.

I thought it look like he got hit too! That was a grind it out win. Can't wait for tomorrow's game.

Originally posted by ShortCreek:
I thought it look like he got hit too!

Did you see how uncomfortable he was after? He kept stretching and moving around for the rest of the at bat. Definitely in pain but couldn't rub it lol

I swear I think Gibby was moved to that spot to make that bunt.He probably is the best bunter on the team.Best game I've seen in a while.

Funk got frustrated by what he probably thought was a shrinking zone.I think Mac pulled him a little early with thoughts of Sunday.

Other than the throw to 3rd, Gibby outplayed their super star catcher tonight. That guy looked lazy and uninterested to me and what the hell was he doing playing the ball on the squeeze after he saw Gibby tip it just seconds before? He obviously was drafted for his 400+ batting average only.

Originally posted by earsky:
...Funk got frustrated by what he probably thought was a shrinking zone.I think Mac pulled him a little early with thoughts of Sunday.Funk is strong, but you do know he threw 120 pitches, right?

I think Mac pulled him a little early with thoughts of Sunday.
What are you talking about?
You think he is available Sunday Bc he only threw 7 innings and 120 pitches???

Originally posted by jmmcgr02:
I think Mac pulled him a little early with thoughts of Sunday.
What are you talking about?
You think he is available Sunday Bc he only threw 7 innings and 120 pitches???
My bad.Didn't realize he threw 120.Thanks for keeping me in line.

This post was edited on 6/13 9:57 AM by earsky

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT