ADVERTISEMENT

1/24/22 LOUISVILLE AT VIRGINIA GAME THREAD - 7:00 PM ESPN

I'm still not sure if I'm going to watch this game. The frustration this team causes me may be too much to watch another inept 50 point score loss to Virginia.

Here is the worst Virginia team since Louisville joined the ACC and we're probably going to lose twice again to them. The thought of sitting through a 57 to 49 loss tonight is enough to make me watch the 4th season of Ozark instead.

Reactions: rh62531
This team is a wounded horse needing to be put down last time i felt this way about a U of L team Dennys last year. Just unbearable to watch the slow death of a team.

Reactions: rh62531
I'm pretty much at the point of not watching the games anymore. Just no fun when the season is basically over by early January because of losses with no real hope left.

Just went ahead and made the game thread for anyone out there that wants to participate. I will probably start watching the game but if it starts to go south quickly I'll probably turn it off.

I'm pretty much at the point of not watching the games anymore. Just no fun when the season is basically over by early January because of losses with no real hope left.

Just went ahead and made the game thread for anyone out there that wants to participate. I will probably start watching the game but if it starts to go south quickly I'll probably turn it off.
Your tv wont be on long enough to be warmed up. They are the horse that has good odds and doesn't fire.

Your tv wont be on long enough to be warmed up. They are the horse that has good odds and doesn't fire.
I always have that glimmer of hope for the team to win but when they fail to fire like they have this season that same increasingly familiar disappointment set in.

there is good article from Fastline Sports about the packline defense. sounds spot on why we are under performing. U VA plays the pack line defense. so we need to hit 3 point shots.

"The offense is allowed the three-point shot, so a terrific three-point shooting team could beat this style of defense. Closeouts are SO IMPORTANT to make this defense work, otherwise perimeter-focused teams will drain shots all day."

I plan to watch this while walking on the treadmill. I want something positive to come out of this evening.

Serious question - who are guys you’d like to see return next year? I’d say Curry, Ellis and Wheeler.

Virginia has confidence against Louisville. Doesn't matter how poorly their offense has been, they know they're playing a school they own.

They believe their shots are going to go in and unless Louisville takes that away, Virginia will have one of their best offensive games on the season.

Virginia has confidence against Louisville. Doesn't matter how poorly their offense has been, they know they're playing a school they own.

They believe their shots are going to go in and unless Louisville takes that away, Virginia will have one of their best offensive games on the season.
They know no matter how bad they are they can still beat the Cards

Not trying to be smart but could it be just because they are the players we see the less of?

I think they have workable skill sets that are effective in college. Ellis can breakdown a defender off the dribble. Wheeler can protect the rim. And Curry will be a double-double guy.

I think they have workable skill sets that are effective in college. Ellis can breakdown a defender off the dribble. Wheeler can protect the rim. And Curry will be a double-double guy.
Don’t disagree with that but here Ellis doesn’t look to pass like Faulkner. He’s either Jekyll or Hyde. The more we see from Curry and we see he is a defensive liability. He’s out of position. Wheeler would be lost even more on defense.

Don’t disagree with that but here Ellis doesn’t look to pass like Faulkner. He’s either Jekyll or Hyde. The more we see from Curry and we see he is a defensive liability. He’s out of position. Wheeler would be lost even more on defense.

I guess I figure with some top notch coaching those issues can be fixed. We have no talent except for those guys. I like Dre Davis’ attitude and effort but he is limited by his size and ability to handle the rock and shoot from any distance.

Malik just barely limping around out there. Unfortunately he's a liability on both ends now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT