ADVERTISEMENT

1/19/22 LOUISVILLE VS BOSTON COLLEGE GAME THREAD - 7:00 PM RSN

Good gawd….get down here to see the f’ing roof leaking. Perfect metaphor for the state of things with the program

I think all those who laugh at the calls of being cursed or jinxed are wondering themselves tonight. Whatever it is, in this culture, I'm sure we somehow deserve it.

This could very well be the last chance the Cards have to win a game all year.

The 3 guard O hoisted a solid 1-10 from the field in the first half.

Cards are 1-7 from deep and 7-14 from the FT line.

I say with all seriousness I just hope nobody gets hurt out there.

That “wide open 3” is rather typical of this season; it came as a result of some effective defensive pressure where we deflected a BC pass and a scramble unused. Williamson left his wing position to go for the loose ball, and it left a BC a wide open 3.

I cannot remember a team that has more instances, where we executed a good aggressive defensive play, only to be rewarded with a loose ball that ends up as a basket for our opponents.

Reactions: shadow force
That “wide open 3” is rather typical of this season; it came as a result of some effective defensive pressure where we deflected a BC pass and a scramble unused. Williamson left his wing position to go for the loose ball, and it left a BC a wide open 3.

I cannot remember a team that has more instances, where we executed a good aggressive defensive play, only to be rewarded with a loose ball that ends up as a basket for our opponents.
It's been all season. It's comical how helpless we look with loose balls and long rebounds.

Not a lot of positive post from fans on here I hope our recruits aren’t on here reading this.

Just glad Mack made some changes and adjustments this game. He played Curry and Malik together and Curry with Withers.

Happy to see Withers more engaged and actually POST someone up down low for a couple of easy scores.

Curry utilizing some good post moves like a jump hook and some nice passes.

Just glad Mack made some changes and adjustments this game. He played Curry and Malik together and Curry with Withers.

Happy to see Withers more engaged and actually POST someone up down low for a couple of easy scores.

Curry utilizing some good post moves like a jump hook and some nice passes.
I saw a little better chemistry with some of the rotations. However it still puzzles me when say a player like Curry makes a play down low, next play he gets fouled for 2 shots (although he missed the 2 FT’s) and then Mack pulls him. It takes a bit for these guys to get in the flow but before that happens, Mack is substituting. I think cutting West’s minutes was needed. When Davis is back whose minutes does he take, Cross or Williamson or even Withers?

Reactions: shadow force
Just watched the replay on espn+ today because the game was blacked out last night. Who in the hell is that announcer who was convinced a foul on Ellis should have been on Malik?

In the first few minutes of the game there was a long down court pass by BC where it looked like a football pass and Ellis tried to pick it off and was called for a foul. Replay clearly shows it was Ellis, not Malik. Yet, this announcer for the rest of the game was calling it a mistake by the refs and Malik got away with a foul.

Apparently the Twilight zone effects the announcers when Louisville plays. That announcer was right although about a flagrant foul being called on Withers dunk attempt. That was ridiculous. They went to replay and still said it was flagrant. I just don't get it. That was in no way a flagrant foul. Withers of course made only one of the free throws.

Curry definitely makes the offense better because there is a post up threat, but we got to get the players to stop lowering their heads when the mess up or miss a shot. They need confidence. We still haven't seen what a confident Louisville team looks like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT