ADVERTISEMENT

1/13/21 LOUISVILLE VS WAKE FOREST GAME THREAD- 8:30 ACCN

How many assists did DJ end up with? We're a better team offensively when he's finding guys. Sam took Mack's words to heart. Great to see him assert himself.

DJ ended up with 9 assists. Definitely helped make the offense look better sharing the ball along with more off ball movement and cutting by others.

DJ ended up with 9 assists. Definitely helped make the offense look better sharing the ball along with more off ball movement and cutting by others.
Assists can be one of those stats that can be deceiving. I know on 3 of those assists they were passes to an open 3 point shooter, Slaz and Nickleberry, who simply
caught the ball, shot and made the basket. To me that’s more on the shooter to make that shot. If they miss, it’s not a turnover, it’s
just a missed shot. What I like to see is when they make a pass to another player in a better position than they are, when we know that player could have shot the ball themselves. Lob dunks is one example.

I just think DJ is the best at getting others involved. That's what a point guard does. If Jones is gonna get 20 a game (and we probably need him to) he's not gonna be distributing the ball to others. That's why I don't mind seeing DJ with the ball out front more. Jmo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT