ADVERTISEMENT

Yut attendance down 28%...

Though I can’t believe more people don’t show up just to see what baby calipari is wearing - lol.

It’s like if MegaMind and Mr. Spock had a love child and then let him be dressed by an NFL player from the 90s.
DAMMMM Ghost. That is HARSH.

Reactions: Deeva

Though I can’t believe more people don’t show up just to see what baby calipari is wearing - lol.

It’s like if MegaMind and Mr. Spock had a love child and then let him be dressed by an NFL player from the 90s.

Good work Vince!
giphy.gif

Declining attendance is a Louisville only issue

Scans show slippage in UK basketball crowds. Why are fans staying home?

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ball-attendance-down-tim-sullivan/2646455002/
Very surprised this article was written about UK . Guess they couldn't just keep writing this negative narrative solely about U of L.

Funny haven't seen a Matt Jones tweet refuting the inaccuracy of the article.But i'm sure he and his minions will be on it tommorrow. Well Tim Sullivan now you gonna see what happens to a writer who says something negative about BBN they gonna bombard him.

Who the F is that !? Speaking of all the crown Royal jokes.....that dude definitely drinks crown Royal and listens to lil Wayne on Friday nights...looks like every white wannabebe from the 90's..probably wearing Jordans too

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Who the F is that !? Speaking of all the crown Royal jokes.....that dude definitely drinks crown Royal and listens to lil Wayne on Friday nights...looks like every white wannabebe from the 90's..probably wearing Jordans too
Umm, that’s the “hair to the throne” - brad calipari. Clearly he has watched the Gotti movie multiple times...

giphy.gif

Declining attendance is a Louisville only issue
You claim “sarcasm” but let’s look at FACTS about your program:

Current Rupp Capacity: 23,000
Future Rupp Capacity: 20,500 (2019-20 season)

Attendance this year:

B/W scrimmage: 15,377
Transy: 19,927
IU Penn: 20,095
So Ill: 20,277
U No Dakota: 18,555
VMI: 20,207
Winthrop: 20,070
TN. State: 20,224
Monmouth: 18,680
UNC Gr.: 21,853
Utah: 21,922
Texas A&M: 22,048
Vandy: 22,504
Miss St: 21,449
Kansas: 24,387

Source: ukathletics.com

NOTE: I’m fairly certain all staff & media are included in these attendance figures.

Hey “zipp”, Brainfart ain’t filling his seats either!

Attendance this year:

NOTE: I’m fairly certain all staff & media are included in these attendance figures.

And with these numbers UK will lead the country yet again. We live in a different time and things are changing. Concert attendance is also down around the country. Sports is an entertainment Avenue and we now have a multitude of options. Sports no longer competes with itself. In these days Netflix is a competitor. It’s crazy times.

OR........Everyone just hates the athletic director. Lol. Zipp should have some data in just a bit.

Attendance this year:

I believe that the actual scanned tickets - reflective of how many people are actually there - is a lower number in each instance and an average of 17,726 scanned tickets per game - excluding KU. From the article.

"During the 2016-17 season, only 16 percent of the UK men’s basketball tickets that were distributed went unscanned. Last season, the no-show rate rose to 20 percent. This season, UK’s pre-Kansas no-show average of 5,774...".

Reactions: TDredbird
Yeah.......but they travel better than any other fanbase. Just wait and see what Catsville looks like at SEC tourney. And hellfire they had 2,431 people at the YUM center back in December. If you all could hear my redneck dialect coming out while typing this.........100% sarcasm here!

Too many people who don't understand data talk about it anyway.

The linked article talks about ticket SCANS. I'll say that again... THE LINKED ARTICLE TALKS ABOUT TICKET SCANS.

Scans are not the same as reported attendance. U of L's attendance this year is down another 10% compared to last year, which was down 20% vs. the year before. And those are tickets SOLD.

ANNOUNCED ATTENDANCE FIGURES ARE TICKETS SOLD.

If you wanna have an intelligent debate, first understand your data and make sure it's consistent...

The linked article talks about ticket SCANS. I'll say that again... THE LINKED ARTICLE TALKS ABOUT TICKET SCANS.

Scans are not the same as reported attendance. U of L's attendance this year is down another 10% compared to last year, which was down 20% vs. the year before. And those are tickets SOLD.

If you wanna have an intelligent debate, first understand your data and make sure it's consistent...
Yeah, WE KNOW

Reactions: chevelle99

Attendance this year:

It was obviously sarcasm. Attendance is down for everyone. Zipp wants to believe UL attendance is only down because of the AD

The thread is titled "Yut attendance down 28%". The linked article provided data as evidence that attendance at kentucky basketball games is down by that average amount. It provided additional anecdotal evidence that demand is down for tickets to kentucky games thus leading to the reduced number of people attending (scanned tickets) games.

As for asking for posters to be "understand (their) data and make sure it's consistent" - you'd should stop pointing the finger and start pointing the thumb, as you are by far the worst offender of that on this board.

Your lack of self-awareness is only matched by your hypocrisy.

The thread is titled "Yut attendance down 28%". The linked article provided data as evidence that attendance at kentucky basketball games is down by that average amount. It provided additional anecdotal evidence that demand is down for tickets to kentucky games thus leading to the reduced number of people attending (scanned tickets) games.

As for asking for posters to be "understand (their) data and make sure it's consistent" - you'd should stop pointing the finger and start pointing the thumb, as you are by far the worst offender of that on this board.

Your lack of self-awareness is only matched by your hypocrisy.

He just needs to change his user name to last name jack. First name Hi

Or

Ihaveanagendatospoutregardlessofthetopic
"Cards fan"

Last edited:

And we have not even discussed the hair cut yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT