ADVERTISEMENT

Your thoughts on Deng Adel!

MethodUK

No-Ranking Prospect
Mar 29, 2009
Curious to what you guys think about his game. I say this because I was very impressed with him last year but didn't watch many of the games he played in.

I think the ceiling is very high for him and wouldn't be surprised to see him explode this year. His game has an NBA type feeling to it. If he can stay strong on the defensive end this year I think Rick will give him plenty of minutes. Might be a big piece to your puzzle next year.

Curious to what you guys think about his game. I say this because I was very impressed with him last year but didn't watch many of the games he played in.

I think the ceiling is very high for him and wouldn't be surprised to see him explode this year. His game has an NBA type feeling to it. If he can stay strong on the defensive end this year I think Rick will give him plenty of minutes. Might be a big piece to your puzzle next year.

Like you, I saw flashes of really good play, but with injuries his time was just so limited (267 total minutes played). He has the length, athleticism, and ball handling to give hope for success. He played well late in the season, but it's just hard to say if he will progress this season as we hope. We've all seen guys show great potential in their freshman season, but never really break out as expected. I personally think he has NBA talent, but whether it will surface this season remains to be seen.

The timing of hi injury was downright diabolical. But if there was ever a season to miss, that may have been the one. I watched him score 35 points in the red white game and he made it looks easy. He made baskets in every conceivable way.

The tragedy for us will be if he's that good, then we will have had him for one year, basically. Of course, at UK that is expected - you can't wait to rush kids out for the next crop of names you have to spend a month memorizing.

For us, it's not that way. He has a completely amazing twitch factor - he defends like a pro, has long arms and rebounds well in traffic. The height of his success may well come from 3, although he will be expected to slash and drive because he is so quick. Perhaps his best trait is his ability from mid range. He likes that shot and is very accurate.

As Steelers pointed out, we just didn't get to see much of him last year due his injury. Hopefully that won't be a trend for him. Pitino is very high on him, even goes as far to say he has a shot as being the best player he's ever coached. Yeah I know, another over the top statement by Rick Pitino but at least he's consistent. He's been doing that since he learned how to speak.

Reactions: vivid_red
He's a plus defender and his offense is better than anticipated.

His ability to defend guarantees him heavy minutes.

I'm hoping for 10 ppg and some lock down D. Also hoping the FTs are in the high 70s and up because he does have the ability to get inside the paint.

Like you, I saw flashes of really good play, but with injuries his time was just so limited (267 total minutes played). He has the length, athleticism, and ball handling to give hope for success. He played well late in the season, but it's just hard to say if he will progress this season as we hope. We've all seen guys show great potential in their freshman season, but never really break out as expected. I personally think he has NBA talent, but whether it will surface this season remains to be seen.
He appears to have a strong upper body that would lend him to hold his own if he were needed to play a fast 4.

I think he will be a good player for us, possibly very good. But I do not see the highest NBA draft pick from UL during the RP era as RP himself predicted a few weeks ago. I hope I am wrong and RP is right

I just want to know why you're shouting his name in the title post? While I do like him and think he will be great, I just do not feel like he's earned a tm like the Yum! Center or yet. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT