ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier game

We'll probably see Lohman today. I don't think he pitched over the weekend.

1-1 after 2 listening to the Sean Moth broadcast. Good to have him still with the program in some capacity

It's unreal how a ump continues to call pitches off the the plate strikes. He is consistent with it though.

Cards bats are lethargic but the pitching has been very good. The Dowler kid looked great on the mound.

Last edited:
Another dropped pop up. Unbelievable how poor this team has looked so far this young season.

Hopefully things change but this team looks like a Sun Belt team at best.

Losing winnable midweek games is what buried this team last year. Sheesh.

Reactions: earsky
Xavier probably better than we are at this point. To be honest I think we're a year away from competing for any serious hardware but I will enjoy the ride.

Reactions: Jhectus18
If Louisville had a badminton team, they would get hosed by the officiating. It's unreal what is happening to UofL sports when it comes to bad calls and bad no calls.

• Haha
Reactions: earsky
What in the world is wrong with this team catching pop ups and fly balls? Yes it's windy tonight but there's no excuse for not even coming close to catching these pop ups. The ball is not being blown over their head, it's landing in front of them. It's ridiculous and makes the team look like a joke.

That home plate umpire has no business being employed for college baseball. He obviously has a blind spot on the right side of the plate. That last called strike was three inches off the plate at least.

I know Masterman had the blast but Humphrey was the catalyst all night.
Really impressive second year guy doing a lot of good things. Cliche or not,these guys are young,but the young guys just need a little more time.

Reactions: nccardfan
Rushing’s HR was probably a routine fly ball on a norma
Yeah it definitely was a routine ball. I was at the concession stand on the first pop up that fell in right field but I saw the second one later in left that led to Xavier getting back into that game.
The way the wind was blowing,that was probably Benson's ball.
Couple of things. They don't quite have a feel for each other yet on the communication and the outfielders are playing really deep. I have faith that those type plays will not be commonplace all season.

I know Masterman had the blast but Humphrey was the catalyst all night.
Really impressive second year guy doing a lot of good things. Cliche or not,these guys are young,but the young guys just need a little more time.
Humphrey is going to be good. He uses the whole field.

Pure pull hitters are going to have problems with all the shifts.

Rushing is going to have to hit balls squarely to even have a shot at hits. I liked his opposite field homer. Needs more of that to stop people from shifting on him.

Reactions: Bardman
Humphrey is going to be good. He uses the whole field.

Pure pull hitters are going to have problems with all the shifts.

Rushing is going to have to hit balls squarely to even have a shot at hits. I liked his opposite field homer. Needs more of that to stop people from shifting on him.
Humphrey is a guy that looks like he's guessing less than others and seeing the ball really well out of the pitcher's hand and just going with it. I thought Binelas came a long ways adjusting to the shift last season.
There are some guys that move it around but somebody said it in another thread- some swinging for the downs too much.

Nope. Not yet.

Facing a former Cardinal today. Zac Wasserman 2010-2013 is an asst coach with Xavier.
When did that happen? Last I ran into Wass was at a travel ball tournament and he was the HC for Eastern or Central Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT