ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s your starter Tuesday.....and why?

cookieb

700+
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2005
I’m not thrilled with the options but I think you almost have to go with Kirian.....he brings experience in this must win situation.

Lohman
He seems to be a guy getting adjusted to starting the past few weeks for a reason.

Hold Seed for GT. Not Kirian, keep him for relief. Tate and Adam just pitched. So, I go with Luke Smith on a short leash. Hit the ball and no worries. Clemson is not playing well (of course neither are the Cards).

Wow, it shouldn’t be difficult to pick your starting pitcher for opening of a tourney? But I’m struggling with my pick.🙃 Years past CDM & team didn’t need ACCT to get them anywhere. It’s a whole different ballgame now.

Reactions: earsky
Wow, it shouldn’t be difficult to pick your starting pitcher for opening of a tourney? But I’m struggling with my pick.🙃 Years past CDM & team didn’t need ACCT to get them anywhere. It’s a whole different ballgame now.
Yeah I don't think any of the guys we thought might be starting this time of year will be in this conversation.

Reactions: PHCARD
Seed.
It is the tournament and you go with the best available. Then Kuehner, then Lohman. It is what it is. Luke Smith maybe in long middle duty, but no starting role. Kirian is back at home in the bullpen.
We actually got pretty dang good pitching this weekend.

Both Luke and Kirian have been, um, reassigned to the bullpen. But, it is the post season, so throw everything but the kitchen sink at them. I think you go with Seed, Poland, or Lohman. It matters not, though. Unless someone pitches a dominate game, my guess is we'll see 3-5 pitchers tomorrow. I'm more worried about the bats coming alive.

Not sure if anyone caught this during Saturday's telecast, but 77% of the time, a team with a .500 ACC conference record makes the post season. We shall see. A win or two this week won't hurt.

Reactions: gocds
Based on the last couple of weeks, I would go with Poland if he’s had adequate rest. Has anything been said about Seed? He left his last game apparently of an injury. He didn’t want to be pulled but Dan took him out.

Reactions: PHCARD and gocds
Hold Seed for GT. Not Kirian, keep him for relief. Tate and Adam just pitched. So, I go with Luke Smith on a short leash. Hit the ball and no worries. Clemson is not playing well (of course neither are the Cards).
Hearing that Seed may be done for the season…. Hope I’m wrong.

Of course. Injuries, especially to our pitchers, really had a manor impact on this team. I mean, Albanese, our projected #1 pitched minimally. Poland was expected to play a major role - hurt most of the season Lohman MIA for a while. Perkins coming back from injury. Prosecky, Wright... where is Galvan? Then you get FR Corbett pitching extremely well...and he gets hurt. Just sayin’ this staff could have been much better BUT when injuries hit, they sometimes hit hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT