ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday starter

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Ok,since Ligget threw yesterday,made me wonder about who might go this Sunday.
Campbell pitched just one inning yesterday so he sits at the top of my list along with Justin West(if he's healthy) and Freshman Detmers.
I do think we'll see a lot of new arms in the days and weeks ahead. Hell,we might see a lot this weekend 🤔

I’m going out tomorrow to see if the guys can right the ship. I hope CDM id willing to make necessary changes. Relying on vets (coaches and players alike) is nice; but, at some point you have to ensure you have the best performers at your disposal.

Ok,since Ligget threw yesterday,made me wonder about who might go this Sunday.
Campbell pitched just one inning yesterday so he sits at the top of my list along with Justin West(if he's healthy) and Freshman Detmers.
I do think we'll see a lot of new arms in the days and weeks ahead. Hell,we might see a lot this weekend 🤔
Liggett only threw 55 pitches which is not much more than throwing a bullpen session although with more high leverage pitches. So with 3 days rest its not unlikely he will get the start again on Sunday.

Big let down in the 4th with bases loaded and only getting 1 across. As far as pitching goes everyone other than West looks to be throwing flat pitches, although I've only been able to catch the last 2 games

That was quite a weird inning when the Bonnie's took the lead back today. Don't want to put anything on anybody including Karaba. Two Texas league singles and the sun catching the eyes of Campbell('I think) and the game got really weird...and exciting.
The team was on the brink of splitting the series but turned on the burners in the 8th.
Not hard to see they were a little flat until that 8th inning.

Mac's got some soul searching to do going into the next few weeks before we start ACC play.

Reactions: rh62531
Btw, I thought Forbes looked pretty good. He obviously has a live arm, topping out in the mid 90s but maybe needing one more pitch in the arsenal to keep hitters off balance.
Starke is such a different kind of pitcher. His nickname is sticks or stix,not sure which one. At 6 feet 6 and 180 or so,it's easy to see where the name might have come from.
His delivery has a bull whip type motion and he relies on keeping the ball low,even diving out of the bottom of the zone to have success. Not a real hard thrower but absolutely brutal against left handed hitters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT