ADVERTISEMENT

What do we do with all of these 4 star QBs?

Jan 10, 2005
I assume that they all want playing time, and we already have good ones that they will compete with. In the long term, will some get converted to other positions and one transfer?

Granted, it's a good problem to have.

I assume that they all want playing time, and we already have good ones that they will compete with. In the long term, will some get converted to other positions and one transfer?

Granted, it's a good problem to have.

What does one typically do with an embarrassment of riches? I guess I'll have a beer.

Reactions: Cardinals4Ever
I think recruits look at Louisville differently than they would have even 2-3 years ago.

We're in the ACC, one of the top leagues in the country. We finished 3rd in our division behind traditional powers FSU and Clemson. Tied for 4th overall in the league.

We have one of the best coaches in the game. We send a lot of players to the NFL.

They'll have to fight for playing time at any top University. At some point as a player, you narrow down to the top programs and just pick one that has the best coaching to compliment your talents, and have confidence in yourself that you can succeed against other top recruits at that program.

I sometimes have trouble looking at our program in this way, because I still remember the days of playing on a baseball diamond the night after the Trinity-St. X game to much smaller crowds. But we have come a LONG way. Recruits don't look at us as we were 20 years ago, and as some older media may look at us based on from where we came.

Recruits care what we are now.

What we're seeing is recruits believe it's worthwhile to come here even if they have to compete with another 4-star at their position. And I only expect this to increase with time.

As I once heard a coach say, "Quarterbacks are born to transfer." Inevitably a couple of these guys will leave (or sign with another team). Besides, can UL afford to carry six scholarship QB's on their roster?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT