ADVERTISEMENT

Wayne Blackshear

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
One bright spot today was Wayne. Scored 18 and was aggressive. Glad to finally see it from him these last few games. I just hope he has at least a few more before he is done.

I will give him credit for being aggressive for all but the last 4 minutes. Rozier knew he had missed his last 8 shots so he tries to pass it to Wayne, who seemingly thought it was a hot potato. On two critical possessions, Snider ends up taking the shot. I would rather have my senior want the ball in his hands.

Originally posted by nccardfan:
I will give him credit for being aggressive for all but the last 4 minutes. Rozier knew he had missed his last 8 shots so he tries to pass it to Wayne, who seemingly thought it was a hot potato. On two critical possessions, Snider ends up taking the shot. I would rather have my senior want the ball in his hands.
Yes, great point. I thought the same during that stretch. I did not want Snider to keep shooting those shots. Wayne did pass it up more than I wanted him to near the end.

Just glad he came to play instead of disappearing for an entire game like he might have before.

Wayne is sitting at 979 career points now. 21 away. He better make sure they win their opening round of the tourney! Because if they are one and done, I believe he comes up just short of 1,000 points. (which would be the irony of his UL career). I just wish he had turned it on like he has lately from the first game of this year!

Did you notice RP sub for him when NC was shooting their final free throws with about 20 seconds to go. RP was pissed at him for something. Chewed on hi when him got over to the bench.

I think Rick was pissed that Wayne didn't foul Tokoto when he had the ball 12 seconds earlier. The ball went back to Paige I believe and then we fouled him.

This might sound weird, but I wish Wayne had another year. The lightbulb has clearly turned on for him. You know, his freshman year was a waste due to his injuries. It didn't make sense to redshirt him then, but the guy has played the best ball of his career the last third of this season. I'm happy for him.

And I'm happy the announcers gave him credit for being an academic All-American.

Originally posted by GoCardsfromNY:
This might sound weird, but I wish Wayne had another year. The lightbulb has clearly turned on for him. You know, his freshman year was a waste due to his injuries. It didn't make sense to redshirt him then, but the guy has played the best ball of his career the last third of this season. I'm happy for him.

And I'm happy the announcers gave him credit for being an academic All-American.
Me too.He did pass on that one shot late,but otherwise is becoming a guy that can get some points.Too bad there's not more stuff run for him.

His all around game today was great and if we can get this every game going in the tourney AND Terry shooting well for both halves of each game we will be playing deep into the tourney.
Can you guys see Rick playing Johnson or Anas at the 5 who can knock down jumpers or drive to the well in the zone offense or moving guys around. He knows he needs a threat there in the zone offense which we will see every game.

I'm usually one of the first guys to defend WB from the venters here. But I'm not ready to enshrine him either. He missed 10 of his 16 shots today. And in 34 minutes of play, he had 3 rebounds, zero assists, and zero blocked shots. I hope he had a few deflections, but I'm not too sure with those other stats.

He's been around long enough to know that Pitino wants him to pack that stat line...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT