ADVERTISEMENT

Watching the CWS, UofL belonged.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
We took the L’s, no problem. That’s baseball. None of these teams are notably superior than the Cards. We had a really good, overachieving squad. Team can carry their heads high. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m rooting for Notre Dame and Ole Miss, the latter because of Bianco.

We took the L’s, no problem. That’s baseball. None of these teams are notably superior than the Cards. We had a really good, overachieving squad. Team can carry their heads high. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m rooting for Notre Dame and Ole Miss, the latter because of Bianco.
Sure, that’s the beauty of baseball. It’s whoever executes on that particular day or game, whether it’s the pitcher, batter, or even fielder. That’s why I don’t think we can claim we would win the CWS in 2020. Yeah we probably had a better chance than most but Tennessee shows you still have to get there. I’m starting to like Oklahoma. They’re young and their pitcher tonight was outstanding.

Just for informational purposes I went and looked at Ole Miss' last month of games going into the SEC tournament to see if anything stood out.
They started to warm up in early May,were knocked out of league tournament by Vandy and haven't lost since. So,that thing about those conference tournaments holds true for the Rebels. They actually didn't catch fire till the Regional play. They smoked Arizona in that final and have not looked back. I don't know how you bottle up the formula for it,but they seem to be hitting on all cylinders at the perfect time.

Just for informational purposes I went and looked at Ole Miss' last month of games going into the SEC tournament to see if anything stood out.
They started to warm up in early May,were knocked out of league tournament by Vandy and haven't lost since. So,that thing about those conference tournaments holds true for the Rebels. They actually didn't catch fire till the Regional play. They smoked Arizona in that final and have not looked back. I don't know how you bottle up the formula for it,but they seem to be hitting on all cylinders at the perfect time.
I heard some college baseball expert speaking of Tennessee's dominance early in the season and he named Ole Miss as a team who could challenge UT in the $EC. Every time I looked at rankings they were nowhere to be found. They have been on fire since the CWS started and are definitely solid. Both them and Sooners have come from off the pre-tourneyradar.

They have been on fire since the CWS started and are definitely solid. Both them and Sooners have come from off the pre-tourneyradar.
I guess it's no different than most other sports. You know, as a coach you just try and get your team playing its best at the perfect time. Crum was a master at it.
Baseball has to be a little different though. Individual play within a team setting. Gotta think baseball is a bit of a crapshoot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT