ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech

It's not just about errors. He doesn't have a strong arm that's a must at shortstop. He has improved throughout the season from where he was early, but he will never play SS at the next level.

He has a much better future at 2nd base and if he was a MLB prospect, McDonnell would make that change next season. Remember when Alex Binelas was moved to 1st base from 3B?
Frankly I don’t care about next level. Yeah I’m glad and proud as hell at the guys who go on to the big leagues, but I care about the Louisville Cardinals. Binelas was moved partially because of injury and scouts wanted to see him there. As far as I know you’re the only who wants someone else at SS. Knap is more than adequate at SS. Is he Hairston? No. We have also had guys like Cates and Ryan Wright who were great college SS but only got sniffs playing professionally.

Yeah I think he's a pretty good college ss for sure. Hard to say what happens between the end of the season and next season,but he's probably in there like a tick on a blood hound this season.
I think he's grown into that big stage that is ACC Baseball. Not sure he was there last year or at the beginning of this one.

Yeah I think he's a pretty good college ss for sure. Hard to say what happens between the end of the season and next season,but he's probably in there like a tick on a blood hound this season.
I think he's grown into that big stage that is ACC Baseball. Not sure he was there last year or at the beginning of this one.
Yeah, I’m not saying that a hot shot 3B comes in moves Metz to SS or even a stud SS, the fact is Knap earned the right to be the SS and there never was a valid reason to make changes. The team had many more issues than at SS. Just remember, this is one of Dans most potent offenses in 16 years and it starts with the leadoff. Why tinker with that?

The kid playing SS last night had a huge throwing error that led to a brief rally by EKU …… maybe it’s not quite as easy as it looks to those typing on a keyboard.

Someone I trust told me last night Knap won't play until ACC tournament.
I saw him coaching 1st base. He wasn't moving real well. Ankle injuries are tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT