ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy

This could be the most unexpected and remarkable outcome of a baseball game since Dan arrived. For a team with a 5.37 ERA to go into Vandy (the winningest team in college baseball over the last five seasons) with mid-week pitchers and pitch a two-hitter is tremendous.
Our guys have been ringing the pitching bell for the last 3 weeks, with a bump or two, lol. The game they lasted 11 innings without allowing a run as we won in the 14th was what I think was a team builder and it grew from there.

But yeah, you coulda knocked me over with a feather at beating Vandy 1-0 with a 2 hitter on a staff day, But I'
ll take it!

Reactions: gocds
Funny Jack; just Wednesday morning after beating Vandy 1-0, I sent a note to some of my UL friends who follow basketball and football, but not so much on UL baseball, qualifying an earlier note where I was explaining how successful the Cards baseball team has been this season by averaging over 10 runs a game, necessary to overcome the over 5.0 ERA by our pitching staff.

That was indeed one of the most unpredictable performances for this UL baseball team imaginable.

I am not sure most UL baseball fans will either agree or appreciate my observation, but college baseball as a whole is experiencing much of what we see here with our Cards. Lots of runs and struggling relief pitchers.

You just hope you choose the right guy on the right day. If they are lucky enough to do that we can see success in the post season. I think the trouble spot is the starters now. Poland and ???? - the entire staff. Can that work? Maybe. Pitch 1-3 innings and a guy can come back again pretty quickly. There are lots of arms available; yet, it would be nice to get someone, other than Poland, to go 5-7 innings. This road trip this weekend is important. The Cards need success in the road in conference.

Funny Jack; just Wednesday morning after beating Vandy 1-0, I sent a note to some of my UL friends who follow basketball and football, but not so much on UL baseball, qualifying an earlier note where I was explaining how successful the Cards baseball team has been this season by averaging over 10 runs a game, necessary to overcome the over 5.0 ERA by our pitching staff.

That was indeed one of the most unpredictable performances for this UL baseball team imaginable.

I am not sure most UL baseball fans will either agree or appreciate my observation, but college baseball as a whole is experiencing much of what we see here with our Cards. Lots of runs and struggling relief pitchers.
Success breeds success and Coach Mac knows that far better than I do. UofL baseball is a culmination of outstanding coaching and player development. Something all of us UofL fans, baseball or not, can be truly thankful for. Plus, we recruit far better than we are given credit for especially pitchers and defensive fielders. I'm looking forward to the Wake Forest series, horse racing, or no horse racing.

GO CARDS!!!

Reactions: earsky
I'm looking forward to the Wake Forest series, horse racing, or no horse racing.
Let's continue to build momentum as we head towards the post season. I am anxiously awaiting the pitching matchups for Saturday and Sunday.

It is no coincidence that our pitching performances against UK and Vandy were some of the very best this year; as I believe the focus on this rotation rises to the occasion. These kids recognize UK and Vandy as two opponents they see every year as rivals.

Looks like one win, one loss and one no decision at Wake Forest over the weekend. Weather was an issue in North Carolina. Now come home and beat IU on Tuesday. Hope we have good weather and a huge crowd.

GO CARDS!!!

Looks like one win, one loss and one no decision at Wake Forest over the weekend. Weather was an issue in North Carolina. Now come home and beat IU on Tuesday. Hope we have good weather and a huge crowd.

GO CARDS!!!
Perfect weather for IU. First pitch slated for 6pm. Really curious about Prosecky and whether or not he might have been sick or are we about to see some serious shifting around. I'm betting it's the first scenario but who knows. ACC tournament right around the corner and we're still looking for starters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT