ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Always a big game,our best rivalry outside uk. Throw everything out in this one. First pitch 7 pm. Btw,there are storms predicted for that time frame.
Stay tuned...

Going to be a tough matchup, Vandy’s pitcher is not your typical midweek guy. He would be a really good Friday night guy. 2.11 ERA and 10 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio. We have our work cut out for us, can’t fall into an early hole today.

Reactions: Bardman
Thanks.our guys need to sit back and just drive the ball where it’s thrown. No need to swing for the fences.

I like the color guy here. I mean,you can't help but talk about Tennessee,but other than that,he's got something mostly worth hearing.

Reactions: Bardman
That is the Phillips we expect to see. I hope he gives us (at least) 3 solid innings. Now let’s hit the ball and score some runs. This Fr for Vandy is a good one.

Reactions: earsky
I like the color guy here. I mean,you can't help but talk about Tennessee,but other than that,he's got something mostly worth hearing.
I was going to post something about these complete homers but had been biting my tongue.

I was going to post something about these complete homers but had been biting my tongue.
No,I figured the lovefest with Tennessee was gonna be on full display. Just give us an ounce of professionalism.

That is the Phillips we expect to see. I hope he gives us (at least) 3 solid innings. Now let’s hit the ball and score some runs. This Fr for Vandy is a good one.
Red's got em off balance a bit.

Masterman just needs to go with the pitch and drive it. I don’t think Dan is as worried about the win as he is with getting innings in for his pitchers tonight.

Cam needs to sit again. Big swing and a miss (per the announcer). He is swinging for the big hit and then he pops up.

Cam needs to sit again. Big swing and a miss (per the announcer). He is swinging for the big hit and then he pops up.
I'd hate to see the kid go down that road he went down at the end of last season. Whatever it takes to shake him loose.

Tate - tale of two seasons right now. He started the season just fine. But the last month (at least) he has struggled. Let’s see if he can get out of this tight spot.

This home plate ump should be doing high school games. He's so inconsistent with that outside corner.

Super job by pitchers which we haven’t been able to say very often this year.
It just so happens that there were three guys that pitched pretty good last night that really needed something good to happen for them.
Lohman,Phillips and Kuehner are three mainstays that we have to have and were expected to anchor this staff coming into the season and now going forward. Huge night for these guys' mental approach going forward.

And yes,that big a$$ strike zone didn't hurt😆

When I am at JPS for our home games, I try to stand behind home plate until security points to the NO STANDING SIGN and directs me away ……generally they ignore me and I can catch several innings focused on the location of the pitches. Conversely, the TV game angle, and frankly those seats on the first base and third base seats can be most deceiving, and fan criticism of the home plate umpire on “balls and strikes” is not the most reliable or objective resource.

If the Vandy fans, the hitters and coaches reaction for both schools is any indication of the Umpire’s strike zone …… I would be inclined to defend the home plate calls as accurate.

Watching on tv (at least at JPS) you really have to take into account the angle of the camera from the outfield. It can certainly be deceiving. Personally i don’t care if the ump’s strike zone is high, wide or low. Just be consistent with the calls.

Watching on tv (at least at JPS) you really have to take into account the angle of the camera from the outfield. It can certainly be deceiving. Personally i don’t care if the ump’s strike zone is high, wide or low. Just be consistent with the calls.
I used to ump. I'd let the coaches know beforehand my strike zone was going to be wide, especially on cold or rainy days. 😉 The point then was to get the kids to swing the bat. I was umping for Little League and Babe Ruth, fwiw. A tight zone never made sense to me.

This could be the most unexpected and remarkable outcome of a baseball game since Dan arrived. For a team with a 5.37 ERA to go into Vandy (the winningest team in college baseball over the last five seasons) with mid-week pitchers and pitch a two-hitter is tremendous.

Reactions: Senore2006
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT