ADVERTISEMENT

Time for FSU

Today’s the day the FSU Fighting Karens get the ass whipping they have so ardently been begging for. Karma’s gonna take a huge bite out of the Karen’s’ ass!!
Yep making the ACC one step closer to irrelevancy and extinction. That will show them. 🤪

The FSU - UGA game - whatever the results - will have zero effect on the viability of the ACC. I’m with Oldham Card - here’s hoping free shoes university gets dog walked by Georgia.
Yeah will have to disagree, whereas if FSU wins then it kills the narrative of how weak the ACC is for now. Plus there is no way I’ll ever and I mean ever cheer for an SEC team….its a kin to cheering for SuCk and I won’t do it! As much as I dislike FSU it doesn’t come close to what I feel for the SEC who’s brought on all of this turmoil.
Update:
Agree with you now given the fact FSU only has one starter playing on their D line. Bowls have become so irrelevant it’s just trash now.

Last edited:
28-3 Georgia - was 21-3 when I started typing this 😂

I guess they’ll shut the ACC down at halftime.

That is part of why FSU will struggle outside the ACC; those kids who sat out of this bowl game is a reflection of FSU culture. Just look at those showed up to play on UGA’s side.

Reactions: rh62531
35-3 about to be 42-3 and Georgia gets the ball to begin 2nd half. Unless Smart takes pity on fsu - this could be worse than the TCU result.

Lock of the year.

Hopefully, like myself, all of America turned this game off after seeing how FSU starters opted out.

They had a receiver playing at RB, and another receiver playing a little QB. All starting receivers out, plus all available RB’s

The entire starting D-Line out, and don’t even know how many LB’s and secondary.

FSU

something GIF

Yeah, Fighting Karens…you had so many players opt out of a major Bowl game, leaving you to fend for yourself. You know, it must really suck having those who you thought were loyal to you, who you bonded with to achieve a higher goal, who you thought would be there with you when you needed them suddenly turn their back on you while thinking only of themselves. Yeah…that’s really gotta hurt doesn’t it!

So, in a new twist to conference realignment, tonight we will be offering the Florida State Seminoles to the highest bidder…no reserve!

So, let’s open then bidding! Anyone?
How about you
SEC………. Not interested?
B1G………. Sounds like a hard no
Big XII…. Already booked up huh..
ACC…….. (Crickets)
AAC……. Looking at other teams…I see
MAC……. Hey! No need for that kind of language!
Sun Belt.. No? But you will take the Appaloosa?
CUSA……. Only if you get the Appaloosa? Sorry…spoken for
PAC 12….. Is that a “maybe”?

Well, that concludes tonight’s offering. Hey FSU…Notre Dame is doing ok as an independent, maybe try that!

Last edited:
I read an article that said Georgia had 18 players out, including Brock Bowers who might be the best tight end in the nation. Georgia just has a second team that`s almost as good as it`s first.
Did you even listen to the announcer’s of the actual game, who prep days for a game like this?

Georgia played its starters except 3 that were injured.

FSU 18 starters opt out

Does Norvell get heat for having that many guys opt out? I can understand guys that are about to be drafted but this far exceeded that. Seems like a bunch of guys not buying what he’s trying to sell. Hope these conference turncoats enjoyed their beatdown.

What it tells me is there’s the SEC and Big 10 and we’re a glorified AAC team. They beat us by 100.

Last edited:
Does Norvell get heat for having that many guys opt out? I can understand guys that are about to be drafted but this far exceeded that. Seems like a bunch of guys not buying what he’s trying to sell. Hope these conference turncoats enjoyed their beatdown.
I know I enjoyed every second of it ! :p 🤣 😆

Reactions: BPGhost
The players boycotted the system probably because their leadership has blamed everyone else for their position in college football. While they have a legit gripe they failed to realize their whining only impacted their team. Attitude reflects leadership.

I don’t think it means anything in the grand scheme of things. Free agency is the issue and that isn’t changing.

There really is a message here, and not just the humiliating beatdown that FSU suffered. I saw the same thing with UK and Clemson; specifically where the ACC team had more kids sitting out, while UK kids played the bowl game despite a few leaving for the NFL. I think it says a whole lot more about the pride that is instilled within the SEC. Look at all of the top ACC QBs who transfer out for other opportunities ……… the ACC simply does not have the level of pride, or the expectation for higher level of success that we see from the SEC teams.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
In fairness the SEC has be paying a ton of money to players. Even when SEC guys transfer a high percentage goes to another SEC school. UK is keeping guys despite no shot at playing for titles. That is pure $$$ driving that. Mississippi cleaning up my guess is $$$ and they are selling their easy schedule, relatively speaking.

With that said the ACC schools are focused on what they can’t control instead of what they can control. They can control their standards of competing. I think Louisville-NC State-VT window is now or next 2-4 years to get established. The ACC is in flux. There could be some dominio’s fall with Harbaugh or Day that put Norvell in play.

There really is a message here, and not just the humiliating beatdown that FSU suffered. I saw the same thing with UK and Clemson; specifically where the ACC team had more kids sitting out, while UK kids played the bowl game despite a few leaving for the NFL. I think it says a whole lot more about the pride that is instilled within the SEC. Look at all of the top ACC QBs who transfer out for other opportunities ……… the ACC simply does not have the level of pride, or the expectation for higher level of success that we see from the SEC teams.
Like it or not, there is a level of pride in $EC football that is like nowhere else. Hats off to them. The only thing I have seen like it is in the old days of ACC basketball before Maryland left and expansion diluted the conference. But even that is a distant second place.

I thought we were well on the way to establishing the same thing with Big East BB before that blew up. Life goes on.

Reactions: 2330859
If FSU had that many players opt out because they have chances of being drafted it sounds like to me we played a good game against them when those players played against us.

ESPN is sitting back and smiling at a lot of these posts.

Just like planned

Reminds me of the democrat party
Just when I think there’s no possibility that you could be a bigger dipshit - you go and prove me wrong.

ESPN isn’t reading these posts genius.

My guess is that you know even less about the Democrats and Democracy than you do about football. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Very insightful statement RealStateBird!
The ESPN support for the SEC is just one of those subtle developments in college sports that is being overlooked by most observers. Regrettably, the NCAA lost control of amateur athletics early on, which allowed the financial power of telecast rights to assume control of the entire sport.

While I was one of many who was critical of the NCAA; in hindsight “the devil we knew turns out to be better than the devil we did not know”.

I fear it may be too late, yet the vast majority of the schools in P5 conferences could unite and at least establish a seat at the table if they do so quickly. Obviously, I am no fan of Stoops or UK, but I must credit his recent outburst following the beatdown to Alabama, where he pointed out the difference in player talent in his own SEC. His argument has merit; the NIL money is actually being tilted by the TV Network exposure to what they perceive the audiences want to see (I.e., ratings).

At some point, schools like Northwestern, Purdue, IU in the BIG could reach out to schools like Syracuse, UL, GT in the ACC and even schools like UK, MSU, Vanderbilt in the SEC to challenge the NCAA and their own conferences over the lopsided power of the very few schools that are dictating the direction of college sports over to ESPN, ABC, NBC and CBS.

These Power Conferences are sharing the revenue now, but how long will they give the aforementioned schools be provided an equal share, particularly when those elite members have the ability to reduce or eliminate a number of weaker members.

If the Alabama, Texas, Michigan, Clemson, USC, Ohio State, LSU, etc of the college football world decide to leave their respective P5 conferences, and establish their own exclusive club ……. at what point will those left behind, be in position to stop it?

The 63-3 UGA trouncing of FSU is an indication as to just how lopsided this sport can evolve over time. If it can happen to FSU, what does that say about those weaker conference members? At some point these elite football schools will see no advantage to sharing revenue with its weaker member institutions.

The ESPN support for the SEC is just one of those subtle developments in college sports that is being overlooked by most observers. Regrettably, the NCAA lost control of amateur athletics early on, which allowed the financial power of telecast rights to assume control of the entire sport.

While I was one of many who was critical of the NCAA; in hindsight “the devil we knew turns out to be better than the devil we did not know”.

I fear it may be too late, yet the vast majority of the schools in P5 conferences could unite and at least establish a seat at the table if they do so quickly. Obviously, I am no fan of Stoops or UK, but I must credit his recent outburst following the beatdown to Alabama, where he pointed out the difference in player talent in his own SEC. His argument has merit; the NIL money is actually being tilted by the TV Network exposure to what they perceive the audiences want to see (I.e., ratings).

At some point, schools like Northwestern, Purdue, IU in the BIG could reach out to schools like Syracuse, UL, GT in the ACC and even schools like UK, MSU, Vanderbilt in the SEC to challenge the NCAA and their own conferences over the lopsided power of the very few schools that are dictating the direction of college sports over to ESPN, ABC, NBC and CBS.

These Power Conferences are sharing the revenue now, but how long will they give the aforementioned schools be provided an equal share, particularly when those elite members have the ability to reduce or eliminate a number of weaker members.

If the Alabama, Texas, Michigan, Clemson, USC, Ohio State, LSU, etc of the college football world decide to leave their respective P5 conferences, and establish their own exclusive club ……. at what point will those left behind, be in position to stop it?

The 63-3 UGA trouncing of FSU is an indication as to just how lopsided this sport can evolve over time. If it can happen to FSU, what does that say about those weaker conference members? At some point these elite football schools will see no advantage to sharing revenue with its weaker member institutions.
If the sport is to survive, there needs to be a commissioner of college football and revenue has to be shared among all members, like the NFL model. The courts will find it difficult to rationalize allowing the NFL to do this but not college. It was a court decision that took control of media rights away from the NCAA and started this slippery slope to where we are now.

Reactions: RealStateBird
Just when I think there’s no possibility that you could be a bigger dipshit - you go and prove me wrong.

ESPN isn’t reading these posts genius.

My guess is that you know even less about the Democrats and Democracy than you do about football. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
I didn’t mean literally reading them moron.

I meant their plan is going like planned on undermining the equality of cfb.

Hopefully moron read your post.

If the sport is to survive, there needs to be a commissioner of college football and revenue has to be shared among all members, like the NFL model. The courts will find it difficult to rationalize allowing the NFL to do this but not college. It was a court decision that took control of media rights away from the NCAA and started this slippery slope to where we are now.
This^

I didn’t mean literally reading them moron.

I meant their plan is going like planned on undermining the equality of cfb.
Sure you didn’t.

Even if you did (spoiler alert - you didn’t) with as many goofy / stupid / redundant and, terrible takes that you vomit out in this space - there would be no way to tell.

You are literally the worst and most laughed at poster on this board. 🧽

Reactions: KozmasAgain
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT