ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Sullivan

Jack Coffee

4500+
Staff
Sep 18, 2006
I am not a fan of Tim Sullivan and never have been. Since I stopped my subscription to the C-J over 30 years ago I seldom, if ever read his columns. Today a friend sent me the article about Tom Jurich with part of the heading "Jurich, bully or businessman"? I can answer that question although it was totally misleading if you read the article. He quoted Bob Valvano and an "unknown" staffer to prove his point of Tom's "bullying". First of all Bob Valvano is one of the biggest jerks I have ever been around. He has time for no one and is aggravated at someone most of the time. He is also a lousy commentator in my opinion. I think he is fortunate to have his job commentating on UofL basketball. There are many people in this town that would be much better. He should thank Tom Jurich for not firing him. Compare his words about Tom to those from bona fide leaders and managers in our community and figure out which person is full of himself and obviously holds some kind of grudge. Tom Jurich is a tough businessman. I know, I dealt with him for fifteen years. He did not have time for anyone that did not share his love of UofL and want to dominate college athletics as he did. He also wanted to beat UK in any way possible. Tom Jurich was unfairly taken out by three "losers" that could not control him when he refused to diminish UofL athletics. Anyone that wants UofL athletics to be on top should demand the rehiring of Tom Jurich.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News