ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Valvano Yesterday?

Sawyer

1500+
Aug 3, 2001
I turned on ESPN Radio 680 AM yesterday after the presser and it sounded like Bob Valvano was having a meltdown over something. I only caught about 5 minutes of it. Anyone know what he was so upset over?

Bob V has lost it. Both he and Maybin seem totally disinterested in doing their jobs. They start late, seem to do little if any show prep and love to insult those with differing opions. Maybin can’t make it through 2 hours. Starts late, leaves early and plays tons of commercials so he doesn’t have to actually work. Bob treats his show like it’s a three hour lunch break. There’s a lot of talent out there that would do great in these time slots. Time to move on.

I said this on another thread. I use to listen to him years ago. The week after TJ was fired he completely bashed him on his handling of the media and what ass he was. And how badly he treated Bob, Went on and on. I can’t respect anyone that isn’t man enough to say those thing to the individuals face. And if aren’t keep it to yourself. Nope he waits until he’s fired and then kicks him. It was ridiculous. I stopped listening that day.

Bob V has lost it. Both he and Maybin seem totally disinterested in doing their jobs. They start late, seem to do little if any show prep and love to insult those with differing opions. Maybin can’t make it through 2 hours. Starts late, leaves early and plays tons of commercials so he doesn’t have to actually work. Bob treats his show like it’s a three hour lunch break. There’s a lot of talent out there that would do great in these time slots. Time to move on.

Agreed. So true. Give Rutherford one of those time slots.

Agreed. So true. Give Rutherford one of those time slots.
While we may not agree on Bob V., what do you expect from a 2nd rate (at best) outfit with THE most production issues (dead air, no connections, broken equipment, wrong program, uneven sound levels almost always on different mic's). With Napolean Syndrome Drew Deener involved who is always dismissive of constructive criticism, they are lucky to be 2nd rate. As an old guy, they remind me of the WKRP in Cincinnati station run by Arthur Carlson & owned by his Mom.

While we may not agree on Bob V., what do you expect from a 2nd rate (at best) outfit with THE most production issues (dead air, no connections, broken equipment, wrong program, uneven sound levels almost always on different mic's). With Napolean Syndrome Drew Deener involved who is always dismissive of constructive criticism, they are lucky to be 2nd rate. As an old guy, they remind me of the WKRP in Cincinnati station run by Arthur Carlson & owned by his Mom.

Dead air, promos that are weeks/months old, commercials over commercials, starting the shows “when they feel like it”. They wish they could be WKRP! 😂

I said this on another thread. I use to listen to him years ago. The week after TJ was fired he completely bashed him on his handling of the media and what ass he was. And how badly he treated Bob, Went on and on. I can’t respect anyone that isn’t man enough to say those thing to the individuals face. And if aren’t keep it to yourself. Nope he waits until he’s fired and then kicks him. It was ridiculous. I stopped listening that day.
That smug A-hole lost me years ago while doing color shortly after our arrival in the BE. He all but said CRP wasn't up coaching that style of BB. This coming from someone that found out that Bellarmine was above HIS pay grade.

He’s battling cancer if I’m not mistaken or just finished some major treatments in the last year? Might lay off the guy a bit.

Reactions: achilles992000
He’s battling cancer if I’m not mistaken or just finished some major treatments in the last year? Might lay off the guy a bit.

I think we are bashing ESPN Radio The Ville as a whole, not just targeting Valvano. It’s so bad. The university and the city deserve better.

Reactions: chevelle99
Exactly. The station is not being run by people with a news journalism background. It’s being run like the editorial page.

And frankly, it may be time to reboot the station and make it about all city of Louisville sports. Time to admit people like watching Riverbat games and professional soccer has come to town.

I heard him still trying to walk back his comments about death threats to Dusty May.. He was failing miserably. He should just leave it alone and hope everyone forgets about it.
Agreed! Every other “segment” he and his son bring it up. “I’d hate to keep bringing it up, but…..”
Lil Nicky: “I just don’t understand!”

I think we are bashing ESPN Radio The Ville as a whole, not just targeting Valvano. It’s so bad. The university and the city deserve better.
I mean there’s other stations and podcasts. Most college towns don’t even have as much programming as we have.

I generally love Mike now, especially him without John. Mike being free to say whatever is great radio.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
This.

And we can add the flagship station for the University of Louisville...

I mean there’s other stations and podcasts. Most college towns don’t even have as much programming as we have.

I generally love Mike now, especially him without John. Mike being free to say whatever is great radio.
Who's Mike ?

Always remember. Drew Deener is paid to be a UofL fan. If he was fired tomorrow, he’d be back to wearing his blue & white. It’s the cold hard truth.
Truth. I lived in Lexington during his days as the head UofL basher on a call in show with another putz, Chris Cross.

He was as anti UofL as anyone on KSR. I realize you can’t be pro University of Louisville on the air in Central KY but he thoroughly disliked us. Not the city of Louisville but UofL.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
It wouldn’t surprise me if Deener is the snitch/rat that would leak info to Matty Bangs. It never seemed to happen until ESPN Radio started its run.

Perfect example of a guy who couldn’t get a job cooking fries at McDonald’s if it weren’t for riding his brother’s coat-tail #carpetbagger

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT