ADVERTISEMENT

Thought Cal was the greatest NBA guru

REDBEASTFURRY

Getting the Hang of It
Mar 6, 2015
Like last year, Andrew and Aaron Harrison have seen their draft stock fall as the season has progressed.
DraftExpress projects Andrew as the No. 51 overall pick - that's in the last third of the second round - and Aaron is no longer projected as a draft pick at all.
Givony noted Andrew Harrison's offensive production - or lack thereof - as one of the main areas of concern.
The UK point guard has made just 36.6 percent of his two-point attempts this season and just 37.0 percent of his two-point attempts during his career with the Wildcats. "It's just a very significant red flag," Givony said.
The questions don't end there.
"Can he create his own shot? That's a big question," Givony continued. "Can he finish around the basket? What kind of shooter is he going to be? He's been more consistent as of late, but overall he's still a very streaky guy. How big is his upside? He's not a freakish athlete. What is the one thing he can really hang his hat on? He's a nice, versatile player, but I don't know if there's one thing he excels at from an NBA standpoint."
DraftExpress no longer considers Aaron Harrison to be among the Top 100 prospects eligible for the NBA Draft.

He simply processes them through 4-5 months of college. Most of those kids are good enough to be drafted coming INTO LPT, or they're not. His influence has very little effect.

It's smoke and mirrors that in time starts to clear... Enough examples like Lee, Poythress, and the Twins, and the true benefit of attending LPT is brought into serious question. I'm just not sure that Pitino Lite is gonna be in Lexington long enough to witness it.

"Elite program", my a$$...

Spot on Zipp. Cal is a snake oil salesman. He wants you to believe he is developing players, but he is just managing talent. As you said, if they come in NBA ready, they leave NBA ready. If they don't come in NBA ready, they may stick around a while.

The twins were highly touted coming out of HS, but I felt they were over-hyped. To me, they are the poster children for why the NBA instituted the 1-year removed rule. Had they been drafted directly out of HS on potential alone, they would have been quick busts.

IMO, they both need another year to mature and polish their game.

He is not a great developer of talent never has been. He is a terrific manager of talent. He recognizes real talent and does everything he can to get that talent on the floor. If that means sitting the twins then that is what he is going to do. The elite kids have bought into that because they think they are the best players. As this goes on there will be more and more guys that aren't elite and end up being around a couple years or transferring. What kids will start seeing is how successful like the kid from Gonzaga. I still say if Lyles or Lee had come to Louisville they are both stars. Lee may never get drafted. Lyles will be drafted but he would have been a terrific 5 in Pitinio system.

My same sentiments. Although Rick needs to get at least one can't miss player every class thats not asking too much for a program with the same resources and fevant fanbase to match the Dukes, kansas, NC and Uk

I just got to say I'm impressed that the moderators of this site allow their "rivals" a little trash talking . There are a lot of sites " North Carolina " than will delete and ban just for asking if Hubert Davis is the hier apparent . As far as the Twins , they were great and highly rated high schoolers . Mostly due to their size and strength plus I think they got a little bump because of the whole " twins package deal" thing . Their size and strength was great in HS , really good in college , and average/good in the NBA . For Calipari , don't know if he is the best at developing NBA talent but right now that is the perception . And after awhile perception = reality . And I gotta say , It's shocking how poor Pitino's McDonalds AA have turned out . You gotta believe other coaches are pointing this out to recruits . Peace

Dont' brag too much about what is allowed on this forum cause theirs a 3 ring poster click here also that will get u banned.. This last quote your time is running my man.

And I gotta say , It's shocking how poor Pitino's McDonalds AA have turned out . You gotta believe other coaches are pointing this out to recruits . Peace

Originally posted by yoshukai:
I just got to say I'm impressed that the moderators of this site allow their "rivals" a little trash talking .
Stick around a little while. If you were a UK fan you have about a 90% chance of getting banned just because you are a Cats fan.

Every time I post I feel it will be my last. Heaven forbid we can come over here and refute the constant bitterness and jealous slander of some of these posters here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT