ADVERTISEMENT

This years schedule ?????? what do you think

So.........the days of disrespect for our schedule have NOT been cured by moving to the ACC.

3 top 40? And one is OOC?

I hope these numbers change when play starts.

Reactions: pervisl
So.........the days of disrespect for our schedule have NOT been cured by moving to the ACC.

3 top 40? And one is OOC?

Mid-2000's, Big East members would point and laugh at the ACC. The Big East was solid when UofL, UC, WVU, South Florida, & Rutgers were all Top 25 programs. Even Pitt & UConn had a few decent seasons in there somewhere. The ACC is a big upgrade from the 'Murican Cawnfurnce sure but not really from the Big East we initially landed into.

Again, yes, thankful for ACC and glad we're not in the 'Murican, but top to bottom it's not that great competitively.

http://247sports.com/Article/Preseason-top-college-football-teams-ranked-by-Phil-Steele-37770929

According to Phil Steele rankings.............UofL will only play 3 teams ranked in his TOP 40
(@ #8 FSU, neutral site with #14 Auburn, and #17 Clemson.)

While UofL is ranked pre-season 37th on his list.

UofL has a good chance of competing for for a great record by the end of season.

You're of course are saying that UofL is PLAYING, not who all is in top 40 from the ACC! You had better add GT, Miami, and VT to that list if so. With the inclusion of Syracuse, Pitt, and UofL to the ACC makes the ACC far and above the BE and old ACC.! And we should add that Miami, BC, and VT are from the old BE as well and cherry-picked by the ACC for an ACC upgrade. With the ACC as it now stands I feel is rated top to bottom above B1G, B12, and PAC 12.

Last edited:
http://247sports.com/Article/Preseason-top-college-football-teams-ranked-by-Phil-Steele-37770929

According to Phil Steele rankings.............UofL will only play 3 teams ranked in his TOP 40
(@ #8 FSU, neutral site with #14 Auburn, and #17 Clemson.)

While UofL is ranked pre-season 37th on his list.

UofL has a good chance of competing for for a great record by the end of season.

To me, one of the interesting things is that the Cards play Steele's #8, #14 and #17 teams all in the first 6 games of the season. Also NC State and Houston, both of whom will be quite good! The first 6 games are just about as power-packed as any schedules in the country.

Reactions: Mayoman
To me, one of the interesting things is that the Cards play Steele's #8, #14 and #17 teams all in the first 6 games of the season. Also NC State and Houston, both of whom will be quite good! The first 6 games are just about as power-packed as any schedules in the country.
Stole my thunder. We may finish 8-4, but we may have to go 6-0 in the second half of the season to do that. Card fans should not lose heart if we struggle early.

All you have to do is look at the NFL Draft numbers on a yearly basis to see where the ACC stands in relation to other conferences. The ACC yearly puts out the 2nd highest NFL Draftees behind the SEC. The old Big East was a solid conference but there weren't any National Title contenders in that conference. And the old ACC didn't have any either when the Noles were down and Clemson had yet to ascend. The ACC this year has several teams that should be really good such as FSU, Clemson, Georgia Tech and Louisville. To me all four of those teams are Top 20 caliber.
Steele is basically projecting when he talks about strength of schedule. Strength of schedule isn't determined on paper.

Always gets me laughing when an LPT fan starts evaluating other football programs.

LPT Football: Looking from the bottom up...

B1G maybe but with Michigan on its way back that's debatable. No way the ACC is better than the PAC12 or the Big12

You do realize that a run of the mill V Tech (an ACC team) handed the mighty Ohio State its lone defeat last year.....you know the National Champ. So yea,no way the ACC could be better than the B1G.....you must be right!:rolleyes:o_O Hmmmm. Cat fan for life...sounds worse than 10 to 20 in the state pen. Stupid is as stupid does.

Always gets me laughing when an LPT fan starts evaluating other football programs.

Zipp you said it all, why do they even come on the football board and open that trap. They should just set back and read.:D:D:D:D:D:D

You do realize that a run of the mill V Tech (an ACC team) handed the mighty Ohio State its lone defeat last year.....you know the National Champ

One upset win doesn't valid an entire conference over another. VT was fairly pedestrian the rest of their season. The B1G did well as a whole in the post-season

Stole my thunder. We may finish 8-4, but we may have to go 6-0 in the second half of the season to do that. Card fans should not lose heart if we struggle early.
8-4 is exactly what I expect. There might be two surprises in there: One we win that we shoulda lost and one we lose that we shoulda won.

I never know that football programs had to be powerhouses before fans of said programs "earned the right" to evaluate other programs. Pretty terrible logic.

Thanks, George. Now you guys could help us with one of those nine...

And then you proceed to say this to a fan of a football program that is head and shoulders above your own.

I never know that football programs had to be powerhouses before fans of said programs "earned the right" to evaluate other programs. Pretty terrible logic.

And then you proceed to say this to a fan of a football program that is head and shoulders above your own.
I think nolegeorge addressed U of L fans which is why I was responding. Why don't you ask him if he respects our football program?

Not sure who you're quoting or that I disagree, but I never used the words "earned the right". I simply said it's humorous hearing LPT football fans talk about good football as if they would know firsthand. Kinda like a dude talking about the joys of pregnancy.

LPT Football: This is how much we know about good football...

Last edited:
I think nolegeorge addressed U of L fans which is why I was responding. Why don't you ask him if he respects our football program?

Not sure who you're quoting or that I disagree, but I never used the words "earned the right". I simply said it's humorous hearing LPT football fans talk about good football as if they would know firsthand. Kinda like a dude talking about the joys of pregnancy.

LPT Football: About as much as we know about football...

You act like Kentucky fans don't know quality football because they're Kentucky fans. Jeez, Zipp, Kentucky even leads the series against Louisville, so there's not much you should act entitled about. I'm nearly certain that I know what quality football is. I watch plenty of it. Many Kentucky fans do. Just because the program has been in poor condition to say the least does not mean that we're blind to quality football, it means we love our school, even through the tough times. What happens if the roles were reversed? Do you stop watching/enjoying Louisville football? Do you lose the ability to know what quality football looks like?
As for your pregnancy comment, that's an ignorant comparison. Kentucky fans can watch schools like Alabama whenever they choose, and see quality football. Guys can't just up, and become pregnant at will to experience the joys of pregnancy.
Your ignorance, yet again, fails to amaze me, Zipp. This is the kind of comment that one can expect from you.

Also, in regards to nolegeorge respecting your football program. Respect is very subjective. There is a very good chance that many Florida State fans do not respect your program (likely due to the 13-2 series lead that they hold over Louisville). You may have respect of one fan, but lack the respect of 200 more.

I like the schedule. Three challenging OOC games, and a good conference schedule. Two losses we could have won on the road, last year, are at PJCS. If the o line comes together, we've got a good shot at a 8-9 win year and a top 25 ranking. One thing that is for sure is that CBP and the team are not going to forget the crap that UK pulled last year. Expect a beat down in that one.

One thing that is for sure is that CBP and the team are not going to forget the crap that UK pulled last year. Expect a beat down in that one.

Our players have said on the radio that it was your players that were writing them on Twitter and told them to "meet us at the 50 yard line". I know no one here is going to believe that but I have a hard time believing that the confrontation went down completely unprovoked. I'm sure the jawing was on both sides before either team ever stepped on the field. I know that doesn't fit the agenda around here but we didn't have any players flagged for dirty extracurricular activity at any point before that.

Personally I like to see bad blood between the coaches and players in the rivalry. I get the impression that Stoops doesn't care for Petrino. The players have taken a much bigger interest in the game at least on our side. I think UL players have always hated UK (as has Petrino) and pointed to the game because they're around UK fans so much but I haven't felt like our players have treated it like more than just another game in a while. It's a breath of fresh air to see Stoops building up the game where other coaches haven't in the past. Definitely added some juice to the game with recent events and the game being moved to the end of the season. You better believe our players are going to be jacked up after you guys costed us a bowl game

Our players have said on the radio that it was your players that were writing them on Twitter and told them to "meet us at the 50 yard line". I know no one here is going to believe that but I have a hard time believing that the confrontation went down completely unprovoked. I'm sure the jawing was on both sides before either team ever stepped on the field. I know that doesn't fit the agenda around here but we didn't have any players flagged for dirty extracurricular activity at any point before that.

Personally I like to see bad blood between the coaches and players in the rivalry. I get the impression that Stoops doesn't care for Petrino. The players have taken a much bigger interest in the game at least on our side. I think UL players have always hated UK (as has Petrino) and pointed to the game because they're around UK fans so much but I haven't felt like our players have treated it like more than just another game in a while. It's a breath of fresh air to see Stoops building up the game where other coaches haven't in the past. Definitely added some juice to the game with recent events and the game being moved to the end of the season. You better believe our players are going to be jacked up after you guys costed us a bowl game

Moving it to rivalry week and the Powers that be at the SEC/ACC/ESPN to align it will the other ACC/SEC Rivalry Week Matchups has made it a must for both programs and that is a good thing.

Reactions: mwatson61
Whatever your players may have said on the radio, I was there, as were thousands of fans, and the media and game announcers. We all saw the group of UK red shirts go to the end zone and make obscene gestures at Louisville recruits and their families. Then they moved across the 50 and tried to provoke Louisville starters. Then the whole UK team, and coaches, crossed the 50 and tried to provoke. It was COMPETELY CLASSLESS and will require a major beat down. You can expect a severe beat down, but that will be well into basketball season, anyway, so you won't care until the next offseason, when UK football really shines. Go Cards.

Our players have said on the radio that it was your players that were writing them on Twitter and told them to "meet us at the 50 yard line". I know no one here is going to believe that but I have a hard time believing that the confrontation went down completely unprovoked...
You don't need one of us to testify--all you have to do is look at the evidence... You had multiple LPT players not in uniform trying to fight. The face off clearly took place on Louisville's side of midfield. And that guy you call a coach admitted he asked his guys to go out during practice and provoke something. Doesn't take a detective to follow those clues.
...I think UL players have always hated UK (as has Petrino) and pointed to the game because they're around UK fans so much but I haven't felt like our players have treated it like more than just another game in a while...
Could be mistaken, but that sounds to me like the "we weren't up for the game" excuse. Which is incredibly humorous coming from an LPT player or fan going up against anyone.
...It's a breath of fresh air to see Stoops building up the game where other coaches haven't in the past...
That's because none of your coaches wanna play the game. The new guy hasn't figgered that out yet.

LPT Football: Looking for another nonconference cupcake...

You don't need one of us to testify--all you have to do is look at the evidence... You had multiple LPT players not in uniform trying to fight. The face off clearly took place on Louisville's side of midfield. And that guy you call a coach admitted he asked his guys to go out during practice and provoke something. Doesn't take a detective to follow those clues.

Could be mistaken, but that sounds to me like the "we weren't up for the game" excuse. Which is incredibly humorous coming from an LPT player or fan going up against anyone.

That's because none of your coaches wanna play the game. The new guy hasn't figgered that out yet.

LPT Football: Looking for another nonconference cupcake...

Do you have any links about anything you've said about the pregame skirmish?

Whatever your players may have said on the radio, I was there, as were thousands of fans, and the media and game announcers. We all saw the group of UK red shirts go to the end zone and make obscene gestures at Louisville recruits and their families. Then they moved across the 50 and tried to provoke Louisville starters. Then the whole UK team, and coaches, crossed the 50 and tried to provoke. It was COMPETELY CLASSLESS and will require a major beat down. You can expect a severe beat down, but that will be well into basketball season, anyway, so you won't care until the next offseason, when UK football really shines. Go Cards.

Do you have any links or pics as proof of what you're saying?

It was COMPETELY CLASSLESS

How about the brawl in the endzone right before halftime in I believe it was the Syracuse or Virginia game? Quick threw a punch at someone after Bobby attempted an endzone strike to him as time was expiring. Then both teams got into a little scuffle and the cameras quickly turned away and went to commercial. I'm not sure how no flag was thrown and no one was ejected. Point is even good kids do stupid things. D1 football players are no exception. If your players did instigate it on Twitter before the game our players should have been mature enough to ignore it

Last edited:
I'm just asking, because I can easily find a pic of a UofL player exiting a tunnel at CWS giving our fans the double bird, and this is years ago before everyone had a smartphone, and the angle to see him do that was extremely limited.

Do you have any links or pics as proof of what you're saying?
Global havoc, u can just get on youtube and watch the full game, UL UK 2014, it happened in the very beginning so it is the first video shown during the YouTube video. You can clearly see UK players, thatwere in uniform, though the one player to throw @ a punch, whether it was serious or not, was in sweats, so even the kids that aren't playing are trying to cause. problems. but watch for yourself and decide for yourself

Btw, ever since that event, the picture of Bobby grabbing that assistant coach by the collar has been the background on my phone, haven't changed it once. He will always have a place in my heart for having so much conviction when defending our Louisville Cardinals, and it's not like that was the first instance. How about when teams would disrespect UofL and then scores such as 35-7, 56-5, or something like that and of course, who could forget, 70-7!! I will always remember this about Petrino no matter what happens.

Notice, Catfan, you haven't been banned over here like we have been at CP. We're funny that way. We welcome different points of view. It's more fun that way. As regards your comments, I think you prove Zipp's point by admitting you have to watch other schools to see good football. As regards the all-time series, as a Packers fan, I count all 13 NFL championships, even the ones from the 1920s. I can't begrudge you also counting ancient victories, but just be advised that even those won't be enough to overcome the more recent UL dominance by 2016. Then what?

Reactions: Mayoman
A scuffle within a game is one thing. An orchestrated attempt to send the redshirts in to provoke fights with an opponents key players, prior to a game, is another. That is the epitome of COMPLETELY CLASSLESS. It happened. I was an eye witness. It's on film and been discussed by the media. Bobby will NOT forget, and he will NOT forgive. Expect a beatdown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT