ADVERTISEMENT

This year at Doak.

Doak is a special place and has a feel like Notre Dame's stadium with the fans close to the playing field.

Also love your baseball stadium next door. Great place to watch the diamond guys. About three times the size of our Patterson Stadium.

Schmidty, how EZ is it to get tickets to an FSU game??

Order them through UL with your season ticket info.

That's what I'm going to do, and then hope I can go.

Or sell them to you.
wink.r191677.gif

Had a blast there back in 01 even though we got our butts kicked. You will get tired of hearing the war chant by halftime but it's a really great atmosphere! Where we entered the stadium, it looked like you were just walking down a neighborhood street and the stadium is sitting at the end of it. Almost like a really, really big high school stadium. I would definitely check it out if you haven't been.

Originally posted by zipp:
Normally you can get single game tickets easily except for UF, Miami, Clemson or a Notre Dame like last year. Those games are all sold out in advance. But 2014 was a year in which every FSU game was sold out. I'm pretty sure you can get single game Louisville/FSU game tickets up to a certain point. But if you wait too long it might end up sold out. But to answer your question there will be single game tickets for that game available up to a certain point.

My family will go. We travel with my brother and sister-in--law. (4 of us will go) We are really looking forward to going and I think we have a reasonably good chance to beat the Noles. We will probably make a vacation of the trip.

Originally posted by Randyf:
My family will go. We travel with my brother and sister-in--law. (4 of us will go) We are really looking forward to going and I think we have a reasonably good chance to beat the Noles. We will probably make a vacation of the trip.
I do think the Noles are going to find it tough being as good as we were in 2013 and 2014. What is crazy is FSU had 12 players invited to the 2015 NFL Combine and Louisville had 11 players invited. Many people were right on this board when they posted that NFL scouts said the 2014 FSU/Louisville game had more draftable talent on the field than any other game played in 2014.

We stayed in Panama City for a few nights, drove to Tallahassee the day of the game, and drove back right after the game. It was a very easy drive and not very far at all. I think it took us about 2 hours each way if I remember correctly. Very awesome experience! Especially the pregame and when the noles come onto the field. I love our entrance but theirs is very cool as well. Definitely one of the best away game atmospheres I've been to.

Welcome and PCB is a good place to stay. It is a 2 hour drive from PCB to Tallahassee, mostly interstate and 4 lane US 231.

This post was edited on 4/9 8:00 PM by Trust Me

Originally posted by zipp:
Pretty easy, if you don't have them before the game, walk to the major booster lot and you won't have a problem finding them.

wahoo, Florida State's baseball stadium seats 6,700. Don't think that's "three times bigger than Patterson".

This post was edited on 3/29 9:29 PM by ShortCreek

went there in 68 for corsos 1st game and about 4 times since. in 68 a 1st time player named tom Jackson made every tackle for us. but no thanx. will never go back there. was worse than Morgantown or Lexington if that is possible.

I hope all of you going down to Tally will get a big dose of NOLE hospitality .... I cant discount that there will be a few drunk fools but hopefully overall it will be an enjoyable experience ... I would like to recommend a place to get some good grub but its been a while since I have been there myself ... Im sure Barnacle Bills is still there if anyone would like to grab some beer and oysters. Enjoy!

Count my wife and me in. We will be taking a week off from work and taking a little vacation and the ballgame. Looking forward to taking in the atmosphere and competing for a win.

I will going w wife and dau; have already ordered tix thru UofL season tix offering. Starting weekend of oldham cnty schools fall break so will be spending a few days in Destin. Went to Doak for a FSU / Miami game several years ago, but went as a FSU fan. Really love the architectural aesthetics of Doak -- the red brick really adds to the appearance. The statue of Osceola and Renegade w the eternal flame is pretty cool.

Yea, thank you schmidty for noticing that was said over here. It seems the rest of the country still doesn't give Louisville as much credit as they deserve at times. Considering the rest of the country would probably have trouble believing that stat as well. We all knew FSU had the talent but what people forgot was that the team we had on the field was made up of Charlie Strong's leftover recruits, besides the obvious Bridgewater. The thing that matters is that the game from 2014 with the most talent was almost entirely made up of Florda kids.

Thanks for the reminder Schmidty I am probably in but need to get things organized, the drive to PCB is about 10 hours for us, which is not bad. Probably need to find some decent digs and then drive down for the game, a little gunshy about PCB since the last time I was there I was dealing with drunk kids for a week, although that time of year things should be much more sedate. I usually bring at least 4, always do at least 2 road games and am a definite for FSU. Still in basketball mode, which has turned into fishing mode, give us some time up here, we should be pretty well represented. Auburn is Labor day weekend, anyone having trouble with that? We always head to the lake that weekend, I wish I could go, but that is the last boat weekend for a lot of people. Any idea how tickets are selling? I hate the Georgia Dome anyway.

We stayed in Panama City for a few nights, drove to Tallahassee the day of the game, and drove back right after the game. It was a very easy drive and not very far at all. I think it took us about 2 hours each way if I remember correctly. Very awesome experience! Especially the pregame and when the noles come onto the field. I love our entrance but theirs is very cool as well. Definitely one of the best away game atmospheres I've been to.
How many of you all will make the trip on October 17th to see Louisville take on the Noles at Doak?
My family will stay in Panama City and attend the game this year. (4 tickets ordered through UL)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT