ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Staying At Baylor

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
"What I can tell you is this, we hope that we are playing for several weeks and I know that I have been locked in on Baylor University the entire season like I always am," Drew said. ". . .

Baylor University has been my families home, all my kids have been born in Waco, Texas, so I can't thank the community and the Baylor family for how they have loved our family. We hope we can bring another championship home to Baylor this year and for many more years and that's always been our top priority."

Some people saying that Drew's response isn't actually a definitive no and sounds more like coach speak fluff. Probably delusional but that sentiment is out there.

Chris Collins will be the choice. Announcement after NW is eliminated.
This guy has done a phenomenal job at Northwestern. I know people think of Northwestern basketball in the past as that prototypical Big Ten bruise and grind it out for the first one to sixty style ball. He's changed that at NW. No longer your big brother's program,I like the thought here.

Drew not coming signals one of the criteria not being met for this gig and that it's got to be the job you really want. On to the next guy but don't be shocked if it's somebody who really wants this job for good even though it might not be a marquee name.
There are plenty of young(one of my criteria) guys that are coaching at places that have really limited resources but know how to coach,recruit and navigate the portal and NIL $

JB took a little less
He still gets $6 million to coach at his destination school. That was with Satterfield chipping in $3 million.

But I wouldn’t blame any coach in demand for not taking the risk coming here. There are legit reasons related to U of L specifically. Doesn’t have to be grounded in religion or morals…

Drew would be another Satterfield. He wouldn’t fit in here. Forced smiles and cold handshakes when it comes to Derby, Bourbon, and the spotlight of being the only game in town. We are a party town. Waco, not so much….they have Chip and Joanna Gaines.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT