ADVERTISEMENT

The UofL, UNC, and FSU are all undefeated right now.

WoadBlue

Getting the Hang of It
Aug 15, 2008
And the first quirk of the new league scheduling is that none of us play this season. So it remains possible that all 3 of us could end up being 12-0. And more likely is that we all could finish 8-0 in league play even if we all have at least 1 loss overall.

There obviously would be no head no head games to rule out one of us. And we all would have the same perfect win percentage vs. common league foes. So would the two be decided by winning percentages of their league foes?

I think that short of head to head, it should be decided by rankings of the Playoff committee, because the purpose is to get at least 1 team in the playoffs.

How about this scenario. Duke plays all three and wins all three. Its the only loss for UofL, UNC and FSU in ACC play. Duke loses to let's say NC State.

That would be four teams tied for first. Tiebreakers would determine the top two that would play for the ACC championship.

Who thinks Louisville would be one of those two teams?

How about this scenario. Duke plays all three and wins all three. Its the only loss for UofL, UNC and FSU in ACC play. Duke loses to let's say NC State.

That would be four teams tied for first. Tiebreakers would determine the top two that would play for the ACC championship.

Who thinks Louisville would be one of those two teams?
Your scenario is even more unlikley than mine of all 3 of us being 12-0. Yours would require Dook to beat all 3 of us and also that NCSU beat Clemson to have a 4 way tie for 1st.

Fans can have these discussions whenever but I think it's way too early. The 3 teams don't play each other but they all have what I'd consider multiple, tough games ahead. It seems very unlikely even 2 of them will remain undefeated.

Fans can have these discussions whenever but I think it's way too early. The 3 teams don't play each other but they all have what I'd consider multiple, tough games ahead. It seems very unlikely even 2 of them will remain undefeated.
One game at a time guys!

One game at a time guys!
So we're not to talk or speculate about anything but Pittsburgh? You realize how boring that is? No way in the history of all sports, do fans not look ahead and think what can and cannot happen. It's why we're sports fans in the first place.

What if?

If all three were undefeated the ACC commish should put UNC and UofL in ACC championship because the winner of that and an undefeated FSU would both get in CFP.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
So we're not to talk or speculate about anything but Pittsburgh? You realize how boring that is? No way in the history of all sports, do fans not look ahead and think what can and cannot happen. It's why we're sports fans in the first place.

What if?
I guess your right! As long as our team doesn’t look ahead! It’s a great outlook to ponder

Reactions: earsky
I'm not sure of the official determination, but I'd venture a guess that any ties would first be broken by the playoff committee rankings. In which case I don't see us jumping UNC, mcsh less FSU...so we'd be undefeated and not playing in our conference championship...just let's hope that doesn't happen. Not the undefeated part, but the second part.

I'm not sure of the official determination, but I'd venture a guess that any ties would first be broken by the playoff committee rankings. In which case I don't see us jumping UNC, mcsh less FSU...so we'd be undefeated and not playing in our conference championship...just let's hope that doesn't happen. Not the undefeated part, but the second part.
The W over ND is a big deal. It will count greta deal as long as ND% does not drop another pair of games.

If all three were undefeated the ACC commish should put UNC and UofL in ACC championship because the winner of that and an undefeated FSU would both get in CFP.
That would be a very interesting move. And it very well could work. It could be the type gamble the ACC leadership needs to make.

Good point Knuckle I hope the ACC thinks the same way. In past years the ACC determined who played in the championship game based on best ranked teams.

i believe first tiebreaker is the combined record of each teams opponents. the 7th tiebreaker is the commissioner pulling two names out of a three team hat.

NC gets beat by Miami this weekend and we will be lucky to get out of Pitt with a win by the skin of our teeth.
If you truly believe the Cards would be lucky to beat Pitt then you must not believe the Cards will finish strong. That the win over ND was a fluke.

I just don't get this fear of Pittsburgh. It's illogical. Louisville is either a top 15 team or not. If they can't put away a dreadful Pitt team then they shouldn't be ranked at all.

I will be very disappointed if Louisville struggles to beat Pittsburgh and will not believe the Cards will be a factor for the ACC championship.

The line has us favored by 8 I hope we win by more than that. Pitt coach Pat Narduzi made comments regarding our players. He acknowledged that we were a good team but he acted as if we weren’t good enough for him to know our players names.

If you truly believe the Cards would be lucky to beat Pitt then you must not believe the Cards will finish strong. That the win over ND was a fluke.

I just don't get this fear of Pittsburgh. It's illogical. Louisville is either a top 15 team or not. If they can't put away a dreadful Pitt team then they shouldn't be ranked at all.

I will be very disappointed if Louisville struggles to beat Pittsburgh and will not believe the Cards will be a factor for the ACC championship.
CJB said himself, when he was at Purdue, his team lost every game after each upset win. If you think Pitt will just roll over, you're dead wrong. They are coming to this game with a chip on their shoulder and it's an away game.

IMO Cards don't cover and eek out the win.

Last edited:
Reactions: earsky
That was Purdue, not Louisville. You know Brohm has much more talent here and of course he's going to warn his team about letting down. Any coach would.

Never said Pitt would roll over, at least in the first half. What chip is on their shoulders? The chip of everyone picking them for last place in the ACC?

I think bringing in the back up QB after the portal transfer didn't work out, has a much more likely predictable outcome than the Cards not showing up to play.

Why do you think the Cards will play poorly? Why do you think Pitt is good enough to make it a close game? It certainly has nothing to do with the players in this game. It's just cynicism and pessimism.

I believe Louisville will beat this spread very easily and show how they're getting better each week. I expect the defense to force turnovers and cause all kind of havoc. I expect Pitt will have trouble staying with the Cards offensively.

The line started at 9.5 down to 8 it is still a 1 score kind of game. Home field is a huge factor for Louisville not so much for Pitt. This is more about coming down after that win. Pitt trying to make something of their season. They have a ranked team at home they will be ready. Louisville should win but way to often teams don’t play great after big wins.

Veteran team so maybe they come out ready to go. Hard to predict.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
Wonder if ND fans feel like Pitt fans going into their game vs USC. Will be interesting to watch both games to see how both respond to last week.

Reactions: 2330859
IMO Cards don't cover and eek out the win.
There's no way on God's green earth that this team can possibly be jacked up coming into this game. It may very well take them getting knocked on their arses early to get them going. It's human nature.
I'd be more than overjoyed to see the Cards steamroll the Panthers,however I'm probably unwilling to make a wager laying that touchdown +

Go Cards!

The line has us favored by 8 I hope we win by more than that. Pitt coach Pat Narduzi made comments regarding our players. He acknowledged that we were a good team but he acted as if we weren’t good enough for him to know our players names.
That's a really dumb thing to do considering the attitude that Jordan has about being underrated.

I hope the conference continues to show how good it is. We get plenty of respect in all the other sports we need to gain more respect in football.

I hope the conference continues to show how good it is. We get plenty of respect in all the other sports we need to gain more respect in football.
We have winning records this season against both SEC and BT, and nobody in CFB media is talking about that.

Reactions: Guardman
We have winning records this season against both SEC and BT, and nobody in CFB media is talking about that.
ESPN ACC-N, Mark Packer talks about it all the time on his show. Also on the Huddle too.

There's no way on God's green earth that this team can possibly be jacked up coming into this game. It may very well take them getting knocked on their arses early to get them going. It's human nature.
I'd be more than overjoyed to see the Cards steamroll the Panthers,however I'm probably unwilling to make a wager laying that touchdown +

Go Cards!
Its also human nature to want to prove your success is warranted and to take those to the shed who doubt you.

Great teams do it all the time. It's the not so great teams who allow hubris to interfere with their goals.

Many Cards fans are still reflecting on past Louisville teams who demonstrated this weakness so their cynical disposition naturally occurs, even against really bad teams.

I will be hugely disappointed if this Cards team struggles to beat Pittsburgh. There's simply no excuse as there is still things to win for. What good is beating ND if you fall to Pitt?

It would be one thing if a 2 and 3 Cards team upset ND as that would be the teams high point of the season. The very thing Brohm's Purdue teams were when they pulled upsets. But this Louisville team is undefeated with ACC title and playoff goals in front of them.

I am not concerned with attitude and motivation. The weather on the other hand could be problematic.

If there is a three way tie, Tobacco Road will put the screws to Louisville. Even with F$U whining and crying, Louisville will be sacrificed.

Reactions: OldhamCard335
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT