ADVERTISEMENT

Terry Rozier hopes to carry Louisville, and his family, to new heights

Originally posted by SeaCard:
New article.
Great find SeaCard. Thanks for linking it to this board. I'm not sure how many have read it, but it's worth the time it takes to read it.

Thanks again!!

Powerful stuff. Sometimes we forget some of these kids come from environments we only hear about on the nightly news and hope we never find ourselves in. I think we all remember Francisco Garcia coming back for another year and his brother being shot and killed before he could get his family out of their own terrible environment. Now, even more best wishes for Terry to find success and take care of his family.

This really does explain where some of these kids get the incredible drive. It always amazes me how these kids can step into an environment with 20,000 people and perform. They are playing for their entire future during these games. It also explaines how some can't miss players fail under the pressure. Imagine what it's like having your entire family, fans and friends depending on you. It's especially exciting to see how they can ever come through when playing for a national championship. Most of us will never understand what drives these kids to be taking thousands of shots at 2:00 AM. Watching them grow and become part if the community is what makes us love them so much. Anyone who follows Quan on Twitter understands how important this game is to them and how long and hard they continue for many years. We have been fortunate we are to have so many dedicated young men. Rick deserves a lot of credit for being able to guide these kids with a respect for themselves and the game. The incredible amount of coaches he has turned out. The importance of education here has given these players a choice in life when their playing opportunities and legs give out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT