ADVERTISEMENT

Shriners Classic

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Big weekend ahead for the Cards as they will be facing a couple of familiar teams,opening with a rematch of the Super Regional from last season with Texas A&M.

Should be pretty darned exciting and I know we're all anxious to see how this team stacks up.
Go get em Boys!!

Can't wait...

Reactions: gocds and Deeva
Lucky. I was planning on going nut we had to change our plans. Looks like I’ll have to listen and/or follow stats online 😭

Reactions: Deeva
Lucky. I was planning on going nut we had to change our plans. Looks like I’ll have to listen and/or follow stats online 😭
Bardman, what is your current cable/satellite/streaming situation with provider for internet?
If you don't mind me asking

Do subscribers of Sling who have the sports add on of the ACC and ESPN networks have a chance to watch these games?

I have no idea. I stream with AT&T and all I did was type in the app for AT&T SportsNet SW.
I'm pretty sure I'll be able to watch

Spectrum. Yep, I Googled it and it looks like I am out of luck.

I just typed in how to watch Shriners Baseball Classic 2023 and it also mentions being able to stream on MLB.com, whatever that means.

I currently have the MLB subscription so I am hoping I can watch it somehow.

So,after watching Tate come in and close Tuesday,are we thinking that this is the direction Mac and Miller might be going with Kuehner? I know some on here have wondered about the closer situation and I'm thinking that the move Tuesday was a signal that he could be that guy.

Or...just a coincidence and they wanted to get him an inning. I actually like the idea if we can get enough from the guys starting presently.

Do subscribers of Sling who have the sports add on of the ACC and ESPN networks have a chance to watch these games?

I do not think so. I also have Sling with sports addon and just downloaded the AT&T Sportsnet app on my smart phone. I tried to watch the current show on the AT&T Sportsnet SW stream, and it asked me to select my TV provider. Sling was not one of the options, so to me that means Sling does not have an agreement with AT&T Sportsnet to provide those games.

Tate - who knows. I think, for sure, Tuesday was just an opportunity to get him on the mound during a live game. He looked really strong BTW. IF Riley settles down then I think the weekend rotation is set. So, use Tate as multi-inning relief guy or as a closer. To me, he has more value as a multi-inning relief guy. But, heck, I could argue that he should close games too. With Tate, I don’t think CDM has any worries about him pounding the strike zone. Whereas a few others have already shown some shakiness.

Reactions: earsky
With Tate, I don’t think CDM has any worries about him pounding the strike zone. Whereas a few others have already shown some shakiness.
Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing that whoever closes has to be reliable and he may be that guy by default.

I just typed in how to watch Shriners Baseball Classic 2023 and it also mentions being able to stream on MLB.com, whatever that means.

I currently have the MLB subscription so I am hoping I can watch it somehow.
I have MLB subscription through Sling and there's 3 channels. The main channel and the the alternate MLB channel and the strike zone channel.

Looking ahead on the guide for tomorrow's games, there's minor league MLB games on the main channel but nothing on the alternate. It just says sign off. The strike zone channel is just for MLB highlights on a limited basis.

So I'm hoping the alternate channel shows the college baseball games.

I do not think so. I also have Sling with sports addon and just downloaded the AT&T Sportsnet app on my smart phone. I tried to watch the current show on the AT&T Sportsnet SW stream, and it asked me to select my TV provider. Sling was not one of the options, so to me that means Sling does not have an agreement with AT&T Sportsnet to provide those games.
Was Fubo an option? Fubo is offering a free 7 day trial where you can cancel at anytime. We could get that for three days and then cancel. I don't like doing that but I really want to watch these three games. I mean Texas A&M, TCU and Michigan? No way it should be this confusing or difficult to watch these games.

Reactions: Bardman
Was Fubo an option? Fubo is offering a free 7 day trial where you can cancel at anytime. We could get that for three days and then cancel. I don't like doing that but I really want to watch these three games. I mean Texas A&M, TCU and Michigan? No way it should be this confusing or difficult to watch these games.

Not seeing Fubo listed, either.

I was looking at Fubo as well. If I knew the tames were going to be shown I’d do it, but, I couldn’t confirm it. Saw something about YouTube but, again, I couldn’t find anything definitely.

This is so frustrating in this era of internet technology and a million streaming services. The Shriners children's classic college baseball tournament is supposedly on mlb.com and astros.com but I see nothing on either site about watching these games.

If anyone discovers today a way to watch these games, please inform us here. I want to watch the TCU/Michigan game at 4pm and of course the Louisville game at 8pm.

Reactions: Bardman
Direct TV streaming offers a 5 day free trial and supposedly it offers att sports net sw.
Anybody?

I think I figured out how to watch it. I do have a MLB subscription so I used my firestick and went to app store and downloaded MLB. I logged into my account and scrolled down and found the Shriners Baseball Classic.

Reactions: rh62531
I have a MLB Subscription and downloaded the MLB app but I don't see anything to click on. Where is the link located on the MLB app?

Okay, figured it out. I had to leave the MLBTV app on my phone and go to the app from my Roku and there it was. I'm watching Rice vs Texas Tech.

Okay, for anyone else, this is what you have to do to watch the games. You need a MLBTV subscription. It's free. Just create an account with email and password.

Now here's the tricky part. I have Sling as my internet provider and I have the sports add on that has the MLB network. This apparently will suffice when using Roku or another service that carries the MLB network.

Download the MLBTV app on your roku and sign in using your MLBTV subscription you just created. Scroll down and you will see the Shriners children's classic link. For some reason it's not there on the app on my phone.

I didn't have to pay anything. Now I'm not sure if you're not paying in some way for the MLB network, you're MLBTV subscription will allow you to stream the games. Maybe being just college baseball, the MLBTV subscription is good enough? Not sure but give it a try and if you need to pay for the MLB network, it's $24.95 a month but check your internet provider for add ons. My Sling add on that has multiple sports channels including the MLB network is only $15 a month.

Okay, figured it out. I had to leave the MLBTV app on my phone and go to the app from my Roku and there it was. I'm watching Rice vs Texas Tech.

Okay, for anyone else, this is what you have to do to watch the games. You need a MLBTV subscription. It's free. Just create an account with email and password.

Now here's the tricky part. I have Sling as my internet provider and I have the sports add on that has the MLB network. This apparently will suffice when using Roku or another service that carries the MLB network.

Download the MLBTV app on your roku and sign in using your MLBTV subscription you just created. Scroll down and you will see the Shriners children's classic link. For some reason it's not there on the app on my phone.

I didn't have to pay anything. Now I'm not sure if you're not paying in some way for the MLB network, you're MLBTV subscription will allow you to stream the games. Maybe being just college baseball, the MLBTV subscription is good enough? Not sure but give it a try and if you need to pay for the MLB network, it's $24.95 a month but check your internet provider for add ons. My Sling add on that has multiple sports channels including the MLB network is only $15 a month.
The MLB subscription is good enough because its being carried through Astros.com. But yeah, you have to have Roku or firestick or something similar.

YES!!
Thanks fellas. I'm so happy I'm gonna drink a cold beer 🍺

Not sure what’s up, but I’m watching the game for free on YouTube. Seems like I might get booted, but all good now. Great first inning

Solid win. We need Ben W to be reliable. So far…not so much. Hawks was brilliant.

that 14-0 lead was fun, particularly how we got there. A&M is not nearly as experienced as last year's team, but the 8 transfers are talented and those 5 runs they posted is an indication of their potential. Ben hopefully learned from his performance and recognizes how one mistake can result in 3 runs pretty quickly.

Very interested to see who starts today. Think Phillips will probably get more than two starts but do wonder if we see Farone. CDM sounded very open to it on his radio show. With Kuehner coming back it would be easier to move Farone into the rotation now. But there are very obvious benefits to keeping him in the pen. Hopefully Phillips finds his stuff because when he’s on he’s a Friday night level of pitcher. He needs to find some consistency.

Phillips was missing up last Saturday. If he's on,we won't see that today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT