ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Langford

Well considering I watched every game over 4 years and you all supposedly hate UK and do not care about our "$EC inferior competition slimey coach cow" I would say you really did not watch UK nor understand basketball if you do not think Willis got better. I'm pretty sure he was like the most efficient offensive player in the nation (or top 3-4) during the second half of his Junior year.
Who said he didn't get better? I'm sure he was marginally better as a college senior than a HS one. I said he wasn't successful - at least from a basketball sense. Averaging 5 pts for a career isn't being successful - unless you're a damn walk on.

If you think it is, well then either you don't know basketball or, you have no idea what the word 'successful' means.

And I actually just looked again. The last 2 years he averaged around 20 mpg 7.5 ppg and 5 rpg. Which are pretty much the same numbers your own 5th year senior Mathiang put up, and pretty similar numbers to Jaylen Johnson, Mahmoud, and Spalding this season. I guess all of those players are failures...lol
No - I didn't say "failure" either - well not unless I was referring to your reading comprehension.

Lots of space between success and failure - that's where willis and mathiang resided. The others still have time on their clock to make something happen.

If you're going to post here - try and be smarter.

Sorry, but I’m pretty sure that Langford isn’t L1C4.
When most of us think about what it means to be L1C4,we 're usually thinking in terms of the team first concept.What makes you think he's not a team first player,a program first young man?
From all indications I have,what I've heard and read from his HS coach,he fits the mold of a guy that desires team trophies.The thought that oads are not team first is ridiculous to me.Just because they may be good enough to be drafted one year out,doesn't mean they will refuse to attend their classes,doesn't mean they won't share the ball or whatever promotes the brand.

When most of us think about what it means to be L1C4,we 're usually thinking in terms of the team first concept.What makes you think he's not a team first player,a program first young man?
From all indications I have,what I've heard and read from his HS coach,he fits the mold of a guy that desires team trophies.The thought that oads are not team first is ridiculous to me.Just because they may be good enough to be drafted one year out,doesn't mean they will refuse to attend their classes,doesn't mean they won't share the ball or whatever promotes the brand.

I agree that the OADs can be as team oriented as any player anywhere. I’m not questioning that aspect or their character traits at all. No reason any such player might not end up being the best teammate or student on the team that season. But I don’t think Langford or any other likely OAD is – or should be - “program oriented.” None of these players, whether OAD or not, owe UL anything after the season. When the season is over all decisions should be based on the best interest of the players.

Come on guys,we all know that only the OADs who attend UK are the selfish mercenaries who don't care about winning. If Langford ends up at U of L, he will be a dream as a teammate. If he ends up at UK, he'll be a cancer :)

Reactions: lwbb
I'm an IU fan, that lives in New Albany. This may seem biased, but I believe that is where he will go. I believe his Mom is an IU fan. His coach Jim Shannon, is an IU fan. His AAU coach is an IU fan. Archie Miller brought on Ed Schilling who already has a relationship, with the Langfords. The Langfords are said to want Romeo close to home, and at a school that has good academics and will treat Langford like he's their son. I cant see UK getting in that door. UofL would normally be high on this list, but I've heard his mom is very turned off by the Katina Powell scandal.

And I actually just looked again. The last 2 years he averaged around 20 mpg 7.5 ppg and 5 rpg. Which are pretty much the same numbers your own 5th year senior Mathiang put up, and pretty similar numbers to Jaylen Johnson, Mahmoud, and Spalding this season. I guess all of those players are failures...lol

Willis also played with a ton of NBA players and those UofL guys did not. The game was probably a lot easier for him with guys like Ulis at PG for example, than it would be for Mathiang with Snider at PG. Factor in the double teams the NBA lottery picks always had to deal with, the guy would have to be blind to fail to get 7 ppg with that amount of playing time.

I mean really there are so many factors that it's just pointless to compare players because no situation is the same.

I have no real problem with the guy I know you are just defending him but at the same time this thread is about a recruit not your guy that has a drinking problem so if you want to talk about Willis you should go to an AA meeting and tell his story there.

Reactions: American Male
Come on guys,we all know that only the OADs who attend UK are the selfish mercenaries who don't care about winning. If Langford ends up at U of L, he will be a dream as a teammate. If he ends up at UK, he'll be a cancer :)
Someone watched the tape of fox and adebayo crying in the locker room more than once - lol.

Reactions: JohnKBA
...Rick needs to haul in one of these type players.
The only kids "Rick needs to haul in" are the best L1C4 kids who are in it for the team and not for themselves.

Otherwise, the kid turns out to be a bust, transfers, and some of our fans start whining. Nothing good in that outcome...

Let us understand one of the major differences between UofL (L1C4) and the uahkay cayuts. At UofL one of the most important days is when these kids actually get their COLLEGE degrees and at uakay it's on draft day after one year of having the ball rolled out for them and one semester of college.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

The only kids "Rick needs to haul in" are the best L1C4 kids who are in it for the team and not for themselves.

Otherwise, the kid turns out to be a bust, transfers, and some of our fans start whining. Nothing good in that outcome...
Thanks Jaylen for your selfless team first L1C4 contribution. Great timing !

John,I don't think it's been open season on all of Cal's oads over here.He's had some exceptional kids come thru there,just a few that weren't.

Can't wear red colored glasses on the bad issues as most on here do.

You can deny it all you want but you talk more and more like a cayut asshat. Seems you wallow in what you perceive as all negative news about UofL. Perhaps you should reconsider your negative approach to all things UofL and start looking for the positive. If you look you'll see what I'm talking about.

You can deny it all you want but you talk more and more like a cayut asshat. Seems you wallow in what you perceive as all negative news about UofL. Perhaps you should reconsider your negative approach to all things UofL and start looking for the positive. If you look you'll see what I'm talking about.

You cant tell anyone how to think . This a forum board it only works when their is varying opinions. if everyone had the same opinion it be very boring and very little content for discussion.

You cant tell anyone how to think . This a forum board it only works when their is varying opinions. if everyone had the same opinion it be very boring and very little content for discussion.

Perhaps you don't understand the word "perhaps". That is an indicator that I think you should change your way of thinking, not that I'm telling you how to think. Just thought I'd straighten that out for you.

Perhaps you don't understand the word "perhaps". That is an indicator that I think you should change your way of thinking, not that I'm telling you how to think. Just thought I'd straighten that out for you.

Appreciate it board police.

Well if this program ever does anything positive i will gladly do so. All that is happening with this school is nothing but negative news.

I'll give it a shot...

We had a player named to first team All-ACC this year in Donovan Mitchell.
We finished Top 4 in a very tough league.
We were seeded #2 in the NCAA Tournament.
We have a great recruiting class coming in, one of Pitino's best.

Just a few positive items off the top of my head, I'm sure I missed a lot..

He had pretty active hands on defense that made him a good shot blocker. He was an ok rebounder too. He was not the best at on ball defending because of him being 6'9 and skinny, not bulky enough to guard in the post but not quick enough to guard out on the perimeter. His aforementioned shot blocking and hustle made up for physical limitations, loved his attitude.

Sorry if I angered you into calling me a nasty name, I wish you nothing but peace and love!
Wait let's not get carried away. Yes I think Willis made himself a good spot up shooter but he was a liability on defense. When teams wanted to score they went to the guy that Willis was guarding. His block shots came as a backside helper. I will say though that he was a contributor and that he doesn't regret playing at UK. He hung it out where most guys would have bailed or sulked.

Thanks Jaylen for your selfless team first L1C4 contribution. Great timing !
No one said every kid Pitino recruits pans out. Life is about percentages. Pitino knows the likelihood an OAD kid comes here, stays happy, and leaves successful. Not high. And you gotta get someone to fill out your roster...

No - I didn't say "failure" either - well not unless I was referring to your reading comprehension.

Lots of space between success and failure - that's where willis and mathiang resided. The others still have time on their clock to make something happen.

If you're going to post here - try and be smarter.
No, it was said he spent 3 years on the bench and he must have regretted his time at UK. He got to play and start the last two years and was a solid contributor. Success is relative to the person's opinion. He got to start and contribute for a top 15 team his junior and senior year of college and was a better player than when he arrived.

How many kids dream of getting a chance to even touch the floor in college, let alone start on a ranked team? He was a decent college player, not terrible but not a superstar. Someone like Jon Hood is an example of someone that may have regretted his decision, Derek Willis had way more college success than a player like Hood.

Willis was a 4 year guy who couldn't make the NBA because Calipari can't coach a guy like him. Willis just made the wrong choice and he paid for it with3 years on the bench. Calipari can't coach a player up he is what he is at sUcK he has to get the top players ( via WWW ) or they are toast. Like the experts I think it is between Louisville and Duke sUcK is not in the picture.
With the exception of MKG, please name the player that WWW got for U.K.
Nobody has been able to answer that in 8 yrs so you would be the first

With the exception of MKG, please name the player that WWW got for U.K.
Nobody has been able to answer that in 8 yrs so you would be the first
Very easy - damn near every 5 star that walked on campus. Let's not forget about the 250K to Anthony Davis that the Chicago Tribune actually printed the story.
My favorite was Jeff Teague getting a 6-10 million dollar Nike deal when he had done nothing but keep an NBA bench warm. Then where did little bro end up?

Very easy - damn near every 5 star that walked on campus. Let's not forget about the 250K to Anthony Davis that the Chicago Tribune actually printed the story.
My favorite was Jeff Teague getting a 6-10 million dollar Nike deal when he had done nothing but keep an NBA bench warm. Then where did little bro end up?
How did that story turn out when Forde, Doyle and Thamel called to investigate? Why did Howard and Weber not return calls? And why did the high school sports writer take the story down once it was discovered Weber was lying?
And do you know the date that Teague received that deal? Guess who lead for his services at the time of that shoe deal? The same team that hired his AAU coach for 6 months.
So you don't have names either? It's cool, I've had this conversation about 100 times and it always ends the same way.

How did that story turn out when Forde, Doyle and Thamel called to investigate? Why did Howard and Weber not return calls? And why did the high school sports writer take the story down once it was discovered Weber was lying?
And do you know the date that Teague received that deal? Guess who lead for his services at the time of that shoe deal? The same team that hired his AAU coach for 6 months.
So you don't have names either? It's cool, I've had this conversation about 100 times and it always ends the same way.
It does end the same way, with WWW leading he kids to Cal's rancid watering hole.
Worst part is that Kenny Payne is the Nike bag man and it all flows through him and WWW. Keep your head in the sand ostrich boy and kicks rocks somewhere else.

No, it was said he spent 3 years on the bench and he must have regretted his time at UK. He got to play and start the last two years and was a solid contributor. Success is relative to the person's opinion. He got to start and contribute for a top 15 team his junior and senior year of college and was a better player than when he arrived.

How many kids dream of getting a chance to even touch the floor in college, let alone start on a ranked team? He was a decent college player, not terrible but not a superstar. Someone like Jon Hood is an example of someone that may have regretted his decision, Derek Willis had way more college success than a player like Hood.
He started 0 games as a freshman and sophomore, 11 games as a junior and 15 as a senior. For all intents and purposes, that's spending 3 years on the bench.

Bottom line is that he was a limited player that stayed limited with the "coaching" that he got, and became ok with his role at uk. He'd have been a better player if he'd have gone to another school.

It does end the same way, with WWW leading he kids to Cal's rancid watering hole.
Worst part is that Kenny Payne is the Nike bag man and it all flows through him and WWW. Keep your head in the sand ostrich boy and kicks rocks somewhere else.
Ahhh, the famous bag man. I thought Phil knight is who paid our players??
Tell Wes we need a PG, SF and a post player who can shoot the ball. For a program paying players, we've been sucking at it lately.
You gave it a shot at least.

Tell Wes we need a PG, SF and a post player who can shoot the ball. For a program paying players, we've been sucking at it lately.

Since you are an obvious cayut, cayut, cayut fan please tell me how it makes you feel that "your" cayuts continue to come up short on National Titles with virtual NBA all star teams? Because that's the situation in lessington. Again, the biggest day at uahkay according to Calivacate is NBA draft day and the biggest day at UofL is graduation day when our kids get their college degrees. I know it's difficult but just attempt to think about that.

Bobby Elvis. What a great Kat fan name. So fitting for your fan base. You pay the players fine. It's the fact that your coach can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag that's the problem. Almost the first of the month Bobby, payday for you and yours.

Since you are an obvious cayut, cayut, cayut fan please tell me how it makes you feel that "your" cayuts continue to come up short on National Titles with virtual NBA all star teams? Because that's the situation in lessington. Again, the biggest day at uahkay according to Calivacate is NBA draft day and the biggest day at UofL is graduation day when our kids get their college degrees. I know it's difficult but just attempt to think about that.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!![/QUOTEii
I'll try to decipher your spelling and reply.
Feels good, most sccessul program in the country the last few years. It's nice having a team capable of making a run most years.
I've seen your grad rates and I've seen ours (including several this year) so I'm good with it. You probably should of tried a different angle and less cute spellings of certain words

I'll try to decipher your spelling and reply. Feels good, most sccessul program in the country the last few years. It's nice having a team capable of making a run most years. I've seen your grad rates and I've seen ours (including several this year) so I'm good with it. You probably should of tried a different angle and less cute spellings of certain words
Tubby had one title in ten years. Lite's gonna be one in nine years after 2018, assuming they have enough players to field a team.

And Tubby had WAAAAAAY less talent. Not even close.

"Elite program," my a$$...

John,I don't think it's been open season on all of Cal's oads over here.He's had some exceptional kids come thru there,just a few that weren't.

Ears I think that's a fair take. Every major school recruits some headcases and UK has been no different. I understand people don't like Calipari much (frankly I'm getting a bit tired of his schtick myself) but I think most of the kids that come through are good teammates who want to win. Again, a few black sheep, but that's par for the course at any program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT