ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Langford

HRTheCard

1500+
Sep 15, 2016
Can we make him #1 priority before any other player?

3 of the 4 rivals analysts predict him coming to Louisville in their Way-Too-Eary Top Recruits Predictions

But I just dont see it. He's a OAD. He comes to Louisville, he has to be guaranteed to play. OAD PT promise or we wont get him.

Man, these big names that live SO close to Louisville and we cant seem to get them is really kind of annoying.

Crystall Ball is all Duke.

Reactions: FURYREVENGE4
i ve never seen any Louisville predictions . And stop the wishing as i have totally given up on Rick ever getting a top level elite recruit OAD committ to us. Ain't gonna happen Calimari was at his home last nite. Pitiful the type of kids that have been in the city and close that we don't get .

If kids are not L1C4, they shouldn't come to Louisville, and we shouldn't be recruiting them that hard. I have no problem with any of that...

Kid is Duke all the way, that is where he will end up. We just won't get a kid like this until we show that a Freshman can have a major impact on our squad.

Reactions: Kentucky31
If he wants to play for Pitino and be OAD, then he has to be extremely special. Pitino isn't impressed with reputations and won't overlook shortcoming to hype a player. If this young man is a pro in waiting for his 19th birthday and wants to play for the Cards until he qualifies for the NBA, then so be it. I trust coach Pitino with recruiting. He's had recruiting hits and misses like all coaches have but he still wins at a high level. I think he knows what he's doing.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
If Coach is recruiting him hard,surely he knows 2 things.He's L1C4 and he'll make a huge impact early.

Just because it hasn't happened yet...don't mean it won't.

Kid is Duke all the way, that is where he will end up. We just won't get a kid like this until we show that a Freshman can have a major impact on our squad.

Samardo Samuels? Chane Behanan?

I think Pitino gets an unfair knock against him. If Freshmen have the ability, they will play under Pitino.

There are reasons we're not getting 1AD's, but playing time isn't one of them.

I think Pitino gets an unfair knock against him. If Freshmen have the ability, they will play under Pitino.

I understand what you are saying but let's look at who you mentioned, Samuels and Behanan.

Samardo wasn't special. He didn't have anyone better to take their job. Samardo was very average and soft other than a few games in his career.

Chane - we needed a physical force which Chane provided. He had to beat out Swop at the 4. Not that difficult. We also were not as aggressive defensively during their Freshman years. Our defensive pressure has completely changed which is why it is so hard for a Freshman to crack the rotation for meaningful minutes.

Freshmen will always get the playing time and opportunities they deserve under Pitino. For too many of them, that's not enough...

I believe Nanu started day 1 as well.

If your good enough you'll play. But besides that NBA scouts don't look at minutes per game, they only care about talent. Romeo is already on the radar for NBA scouts.

Brandon Jennings went over seas and played like 17 MPG and by most standards struggled...yet he still was a top 10 pick.

Reactions: ULarder
Long story short this type of player resume does not figure to choose Louisville to be his one year destination.

I am sure he'll be highly appreciative to the recruitment and make it clear UofL was one of the finalists.

It's due diligence to recruit him but the reality is he won't end up here.

I think we have a chance with him because he is close to Louisville and that plays well for his family. As for being a One and Done you can go anywhere and leave after 1 year. The reason all the OaD's go to sUcK is for exposure only that is what they are known for.
It is not loyalty or an education and it is definitely not coaching. I would love to have him but I am not a fan of OaD and don't want to go down that road.

Scout.com says that for the next 2 weeks in an AAU tournament he is playing in, there will most likely being a Louisville recruiter there every game.

Says that Romeo Langford is our #1 priority so that's some good news. "Langford is the No. 1 target for the staff."

Others for 2018 - "Moses Brown and Lahat Thioune are the top targets heading into the weekend but surely several others will emerge."

The whole article:
http://www.scout.com/college/louisville/story/1772419-louisville-hoops-recruiting-storylines

I'd love for us to get our hands on Romeo but he played for the same AAU coaches as D'Angelo Russell and I'd put our chances at landing him at less than 1%. It's pretty clear that they have their issues with CRP and I don't think we've got much of a shot. I've heard he is a hard Duke lean but wouldn't be surprised if he winded up in a UK jersey, depending on how the chips fall with their recruiting, guys leaving for the draft, ect. JMO.

Scout.com says that for the next 2 weeks in an AAU tournament he is playing in, there will most likely being a Louisville recruiter there every game.

Says that Romeo Langford is our #1 priority so that's some good news. "Langford is the No. 1 target for the staff."

Others for 2018 - "Moses Brown and Lahat Thioune are the top targets heading into the weekend but surely several others will emerge."

The whole article:
http://www.scout.com/college/louisville/story/1772419-louisville-hoops-recruiting-storylines

There. So the staff has made him a top priority. Now it's all up to Romeo if he wants to come here or not.

Reactions: earsky
If Coach is recruiting him hard,surely he knows 2 things.He's L1C4 and he'll make a huge impact early.

Just because it hasn't happened yet...don't mean it won't.

Sorry, but I’m pretty sure that Langford isn’t L1C4. Nor should he be. But that doesn’t mean that he won’t or shouldn’t play for us. Rick just needs to explain to Langford that he’s going to do everything possible to help him reach his goals – whatever those may be. No reason he can’t do that.

But, if it’s “L1C4” we’re selling, I don’t think we’re getting those sure-fire OAD kids – and I can’t blame them. I don’t know what the right acronym should be, but to get those kids the philosophy has to put the interests of the student-athlete at least co-equal with the interests of the University. After all, when you’re talking about OAD players especially, then a college is already using those guys and receiving a financial windfall (e.g., selling their likeness, etc.). So the decisions to go professional or stay in college have to be about the best interest of the player – not what it does to UL’s roster or whether we think the kid is “ready” or not. He’s ready if (1) he wants/needs to go; and (2) the NBA is ready to pay him. Don’t forget that the “potential” the NBA is paying for may never come to fruition; and that extra year or two of college might cost a kid millions.

I have heard that his dad doesn't like UK and mom wants him close to home. This from a new albany resident that is connected somewhat, take it for what it is worth. Also Duke wants him to go prep school route and he doesn't want to. Could be working in UofL favor.

Teague was a lock till the last minute Calimari got in the picture. Hell Teagues brother told him go play for Cal to get to the NBA. Rick doesn't have a good rep in the AAU circles with the NBA type players plain and simple.

There. So the staff has made him a top priority. Now it's all up to Romeo if he wants to come here or not.
Rick made Teague a priority and Willis all ended bad. And when you couldn't pull Willis in i knew something was wrong with Ricks recruiting .And Willis was one of those prototypical Rick recruits wasn't a NBA player but a 4 year guy.

Sorry no need to even talk about Romeo coming here. We just don't get these type players Ricks track record is right in front of us. Not 1 OAD!

Sorry no need to even talk about Romeo coming here. We just don't get these type players Ricks track record is right in front of us. Not 1 OAD!

You mean YOU dont need to discuss Romeo.

We -non wimpy fans will continue to discuss him.

He has an excellent chance of wearing Red and Black.

Go play tiddlywinks................

You mean YOU dont need to discuss Romeo.

We -non wimpy fans will continue to discuss him.

He has an excellent chance of wearing Red and Black.

Go play tiddlywinks................
I think you have a hard on for me ! Stalker I see the truth hurts i haven't written anything that is not incorrect pertaining to rick and recruiting.

Willis was a 4 year guy who couldn't make the NBA because Calipari can't coach a guy like him. Willis just made the wrong choice and he paid for it with3 years on the bench. Calipari can't coach a player up he is what he is at sUcK he has to get the top players ( via WWW ) or they are toast. Like the experts I think it is between Louisville and Duke sUcK is not in the picture.

Let's get away from the OAD acronym then... I don't want a kid here who puts his interests before the team--in any sport. I'm pretty sure all of our coaches feel that way, and I want none of that to change.

If that's old school thinking and/or means we miss out on Romeo or any other kid, so be it...

Reactions: Boom Boys 13
I think you have a hard on for me ! Stalker I see the truth hurts i haven't written anything that is not incorrect pertaining to rick and recruiting.

Its COACH Pitino to YOU.
Who is you to stalk anyways.......

Its up to Romeo to be one and done.
Collins for Gongzaga left after his freshman season, without starting and is projected to be a lottery pick.

Most one and dones want guaranteed playing time. Coach Pitino aint guaranteeing youll get a practice jersey.

See what guaranteed playing time for SuCkS got them.
Ulis and booker were killing Wisconsin late, yet Cow pulls them for the harrison twins.
They never led again. The twins had GUARANTEED PT time to sign with SuCkS.

With or without Romeo the Cards will compete for a Final Four in 2018-19.

You see the glass cracked. I see it almost full..........

Its COACH Pitino to YOU.
Who is you to stalk anyways.......

Its up to Romeo to be one and done.
Collins for Gongzaga left after his freshman season, without starting and is projected to be a lottery pick.

Most one and dones want guaranteed playing time. Coach Pitino aint guaranteeing youll get a practice jersey.

See what guaranteed playing time for SuCkS got them.
Ulis and booker were killing Wisconsin late, yet Cow pulls them for the harrison twins.
They never led again. The twins had GUARANTEED PT time to sign with SuCkS.

With or without Romeo the Cards will compete for a Final Four in 2018-19.

You see the glass cracked. I see it almost full..........
Just makes me appreciate my career more and more.

Willis was a 4 year guy who couldn't make the NBA because Calipari can't coach a guy like him. Willis just made the wrong choice and he paid for it with3 years on the bench. Calipari can't coach a player up he is what he is at sUcK he has to get the top players ( via WWW ) or they are toast. Like the experts I think it is between Louisville and Duke sUcK is not in the picture.
Willis did not spend "3 years on the bench". His Junior year he was UK's hottest player down the stretch before an ankle injury ruined his season. I'd say he was a pretty successful player at Kentucky. He did not get any time as a freshman and could not find minutes as a sophomore and earned a spot in the starting lineup/6 man rotation his junior and senior year. He was a much better player than he was when he came to Kentucky.

Reactions: coolioo1
Willis did not spend "3 years on the bench". His Junior year he was UK's hottest player down the stretch before an ankle injury ruined his season. I'd say he was a pretty successful player at Kentucky. He did not get any time as a freshman and could not find minutes as a sophomore and earned a spot in the starting lineup/6 man rotation his junior and senior year. He was a much better player than he was when he came to Kentucky.
You are delusional. Willis improved very little while at UK.

Reactions: zipp and BPGhost
Over a 4 year career he averaged 15 minutes and 5 points a game.

Yeah - he was super successful - lol.

Well considering I watched every game over 4 years and you all supposedly hate UK and do not care about our "$EC inferior competition slimey coach cow" I would say you really did not watch UK nor understand basketball if you do not think Willis got better. I'm pretty sure he was like the most efficient offensive player in the nation (or top 3-4) during the second half of his Junior year.

And I actually just looked again. The last 2 years he averaged around 20 mpg 7.5 ppg and 5 rpg. Which are pretty much the same numbers your own 5th year senior Mathiang put up, and pretty similar numbers to Jaylen Johnson, Mahmoud, and Spalding this season. I guess all of those players are failures...lol

Reactions: lwbb
And I actually just looked again. The last 2 years he averaged around 20 mpg 7.5 ppg and 5 rpg. Which are pretty much the same numbers your own 5th year senior Mathiang put up, and pretty similar numbers to Jaylen Johnson, Mahmoud, and Spalding this season. I guess all of those players are failures...lol
Nope- you're the failure for hanging on our board. Willis was a joke. A one dimensional player and half the time, that one dimension was useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope- you're the failure and a$$hat for hanging on our board. Willis was a joke. A one dimensional player and half the time, that one dimension was useless.
He had pretty active hands on defense that made him a good shot blocker. He was an ok rebounder too. He was not the best at on ball defending because of him being 6'9 and skinny, not bulky enough to guard in the post but not quick enough to guard out on the perimeter. His aforementioned shot blocking and hustle made up for physical limitations, loved his attitude.

Sorry if I angered you into calling me a nasty name, I wish you nothing but peace and love!

You are right about one thing I don't watch sUcK play but your description of Willis makes him sound worse than what I thought.

Reactions: BPGhost
He had pretty active hands on defense that made him a good shot blocker. He was an ok rebounder too. He was not the best at on ball defending because of him being 6'9 and skinny, not bulky enough to guard in the post but not quick enough to guard out on the perimeter. His aforementioned shot blocking and hustle made up for physical limitations, loved his attitude.

Sorry if I angered you into calling me a nasty name, I wish you nothing but peace and love!
He was and is a below average NCAA basketball player. Same as your basketball IQ.

Reactions: BPGhost
Rick made Teague a priority and Willis all ended bad. And when you couldn't pull Willis in i knew something was wrong with Ricks recruiting .And Willis was one of those prototypical Rick recruits wasn't a NBA player but a 4 year guy.

Like I said, it's now up to Langford if he wants to come here or not. The staff has recruited him hard so people can't say they didn't make him a top priority. Decision is all up to him now though.

Like I said, it's now up to Langford if he wants to come here or not. The staff has recruited him hard so people can't say they didn't make him a top priority. Decision is all up to him now though.

I dont think they will stop recruiting him. I think it will actually pick up more and you will start hearing more about it

A salesman can be the best in his company with 1,ooos of leads but unless he makes a sale it is all for nothing. Rick needs to haul in one of these type players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT