ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Langford

Can we make him #1 priority before any other player?

3 of the 4 rivals analysts predict him coming to Louisville in their Way-Too-Eary Top Recruits Predictions

But I just dont see it. He's a OAD. He comes to Louisville, he has to be guaranteed to play. OAD PT promise or we wont get him.

Man, these big names that live SO close to Louisville and we cant seem to get them is really kind of annoying.

Crystall Ball is all Duke.
He's not going to Duke. The kid will want to stay close to home. It's UL, UK, or IU.

He's not going to Duke. The kid will want to stay close to home. It's UL, UK, or IU.

Unless he wants to go to IU to try and start a trend at turning that program around (because they will be a dumpster fire this year) then I don't see him going to IU because he would be the show on a bad IU team during his only year or 2 there. It will be Duke, UK or UL in that order in my opinion.

Unless he wants to go to IU to try and start a trend at turning that program around (because they will be a dumpster fire this year) then I don't see him going to IU because he would be the show on a bad IU team during his only year or 2 there. It will be Duke, UK or UL in that order in my opinion.
They won't be as bad this year as people think. There's talent there Crean just can't coach. I'm not saying they'll be great but they'll make the tournament. And yeah I put UK 1 and UL 2 but the trouble UL has been in may cost you. I'm not seeing Duke. I think he wants to stay close to home

Crystal Ball started out all Duke. Now it is 40% UofL, 40% Duke, 10% Uk, 10% IU.

A LOT can change. We probably wont know where he's going until probably January-March of 2018 if I had to guess. Top recruits commit around then. Wouldnt be surprised if he waits until around this time next year too.

He did say he would make a top ___ list at the end of summer AAU

They won't be as bad this year as people think. There's talent there Crean just can't coach. I'm not saying they'll be great but they'll make the tournament. And yeah I put UK 1 and UL 2 but the trouble UL has been in may cost you. I'm not seeing Duke. I think he wants to stay close to home

Unless you know something I don't I will be absolutely shocked if they make tournament. They lose 3 of the 4 players who scored in double figures for them and aren't bringing in any recruits that will provide instant impact. You may be looking at it the same way a lot of UL fans are looking at our current roster and seeing where there "should" be improved production but expecting players to perform up to our level of expectations is simply begging for disappointment.

Reactions: American Male
I could be wrong but I don't think uahkay has a shot. It will be either Duke, UNC or UofL with IU being a long shot. In the end I see him at Duke. Just my own opinion.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I could be wrong but I don't think uahkay has a shot. It will be either Duke, UNC or UofL with IU being a long shot. In the end I see him at Duke. Just my own opinion.

We always have a shot.

This year is pivotal in the recruitment of Langford IMO. Pitino is freely admitting that this year will be the first time he's having to rely on Freshmen to step into pivotal roles.

I think Langford will be watching how those freshmen are used VERY CAREFULLY. It will give him an idea of how he could be used and how much he could be "turned loose" as a freshman under Pitino. Up until now, that's been an unknown.

I dont put much faith in all these crystal balls.The kid is going to the school that helps him get his dream

Just heard a recruiting guy on 93.9 talking about Romeo Langford... Said the only question he has about RL is his motivation and intensity.

Precisely the kind of issue many OAD kids have, and the one that will land him in Pitino's doghouse fastest esp. if the kid has high expectations regardless, e.g., playing time.

You guys that covet OAD kids need to learn from your mistakes. I hope the recruiting guru is wrong if the kid inks with U of L. (Otherwise I don't care...) Because if he's NOT, no one is going to walk away from this experience happy--except maybe me with an "I told you so" smirk on my face...

I am a NBA fan also and i'm sure their are lots of other U of L fans that are too. So therefore i enjoy the opportunity to follow former Cardinals in the pros. And we haven't been able to have alot of sucess with that over the years. I'm not just limited to college basketball.

Just heard a recruiting guy on 93.9 talking about Romeo Langford... Said the only question he has about RL is his motivation and intensity.

Precisely the kind of issue many OAD kids have, and the one that will land him in Pitino's doghouse fastest esp. if the kid has high expectations regardless, e.g., playing time.

You guys that covet OAD kids need to learn from your mistakes. I hope the recruiting guru is wrong if the kid inks with U of L. (Otherwise I don't care...) Because if he's NOT, no one is going to walk away from this experience happy--except maybe me with an "I told you so" smirk on my face...
Romeo has not one problem with motivation they want him to have a killer A-type personality he is not like that. hes a very smooth player.nhe's more like a Jason Osborne mentalty. His intensity is very good. some OAD kids are totally opposite very A-type cocky. Which i have no problem with that either on the court if you good show it and do it. Nothing wrong with it. If you ever played sports being aggressive is just part of the game.

Last edited:
I AM limited to U of L sports—and not ashamed to admit that—which is what this website is about. If you’re an NBA fan, there are probably other websites that cater to that interest. I don’t go to those sites, but maybe you should.

And if I was trying to make a comparison for Langford that helps your cause, it might be to someone besides Jason Osborne. Not that it surprises me, but just a little advice…

I AM limited to U of L sports—and not ashamed to admit that—which is what this website is about. If you’re an NBA fan, there are probably other websites that cater to that interest. I don’t go to those sites, but maybe you should.

And if I was trying to make a comparison for Langford that helps your cause, it might be to someone besides Jason Osborne. Not that it surprises me, but just a little advice…
I understand you are old and no forwarded thinking.. I'm younger minded two diffrent schools of thought with how things change.

Last edited:
:cool: And evidently too young to understand what a comparison to Jason Osborne means...

Yeah, Jason Osborne had a golden opportunity here and literally pissed it away. Jason came from a good family just as, apparently, Langford does also. But it didn't keep Jason Osborne from "getting into some trouble" along the way. I think it's a bad comparison. Romeo will make his OWN decision and he will not be attempting to compare himself to anyone at any school. I definitely get the opinion that he's his own man. Whether that will play into his college choice or not I don't have any idea. I do wonder if he would even go to college if the rules were different on going to the NBA right out of high school.

Reactions: zipp and Mayoman
It hasn't been but will be under Archie here in just a few years. And trust me I went a couple decades thinking the same thing about UL

Dude...HIS "Elite Program My A$$" comment is his sig, and it's a SLAP at SUCK...Not IU...Although one COULD understand it if he were using it to describe IU!!!

Other than Titles, COMPARE UofL's and IU's NCAA Success and Wins Total...And UofL has done it in LESS Time, and was an NAIA Program till 1951...So...Think what you want/will...You are who you are...We are who we are!!!

:cool:

Wait let's not get carried away. Yes I think Willis made himself a good spot up shooter but he was a liability on defense. When teams wanted to score they went to the guy that Willis was guarding. His block shots came as a backside helper. I will say though that he was a contributor and that he doesn't regret playing at UK. He hung it out where most guys would have bailed or sulked.
I too admire him for sticking it out. He got some nice clock and made some shots in big games this past season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT