ADVERTISEMENT

Rain in Tallahassee

TheRealVille

5000+
Apr 27, 2015
Looking at the forecast the rain will arrive right about game time tonight. I wonder will today's game be moved up to avoid the wet stuff?

Why they thought Corbett was the answer is puzzling. He has been incredibly inconsistent. He doesn’t have starter stuff. He is a fastball and curveball pitcher. He can’t throw the curve for a strike.

On top of that the Humphrey is a terrible fielder.

I will say it again they need to bite the bullet and move Prosecky to Friday night. He is their only option.

Humphrey might need to get some glasses
Why they thought Corbett was the answer is puzzling. He has been incredibly inconsistent. He doesn’t have starter stuff. He is a fastball and curveball pitcher. He can’t throw the curve for a strike.

Strange for sure. I think I'd ditch the Black unis. What the hell is it gonna hurt?

Reactions: rh62531

He wasn't the answer but the opener. He wasn't going to pitch more than a few innings. This is a bullpen game because Kuehner has been ineffective lately. But it hasn't worked tonight because a right fielder struggles to catch two out fly balls.

I agree they were only trying to get 2–4 innings from him. Again why waste your best pitcher if you can never get to him. They counted that a hit which is ridiculous.

This team is struggling on the road. Bad fielding. Bad decisions- I thought Snider sending Payton home was a TERRIBLE call. I think he makes so many questionable calls at third. Gahhhhhhhbbhbh

Reactions: rh62531 and earsky
This team is struggling on the road. Bad fielding. Bad decisions- I thought Snider sending Payton home was a TERRIBLE call. I think he makes so many questionable calls at third. Gahhhhhhhbbhbh
I've seen this one before. Fridays are starting to suck!

Corbett is getting stronger as he goes. That's a starting pitcher right there. It should be just 1 to 0 if Humphrey makes that catch. Corbett has thrown one bad pitch. And its a travesty those 4 runs are earned as that was an obvious error by Humphrey.

I think Corbett may get another chance to start.

Somebody on our bench keeps clapping...incessantly. I'm always thinking just like when ZINGER dances out at second base,it's distracting our hitter as much as it is their guys.

I'm not bothered by Corbett's pitching as some other things,offensively and defensively.
Kuehner second guy in here gets me thinking...

I think the twilight conditions might have bothered the Cards hitters in the first three innings because that last inning we were fouling a lot of pitches. It will be interesting to see if we fare better now it's dark?

You don’t want you Friday night guy to go 2-4 innings. That is what they have. Corbett doesn’t have stuff that will get him through the lineup 3-4 times.

Well enjoy these Friday nights because we are facing their aces and they are facing our bullpen. I like their chances on Fridays.

Wasn’t our best outing. Let’s regroup and see what tomorrow brings. Go Cards!

Reactions: earsky
We continue to struggle against the top pitchers in the league. That almost looked like a throw away game,but I know there was hope the offense could muster 4-5 runs to compete for the win.

I don't get too bothered by the lack of offense except for how it happens. We struck out 17 times last night. I'm not taking anything away from Messick,but I'm curious to see how many were backward Ks. Our M.O. is we feast on mediocre pitching and flounder against better pitching.

If a major change in starter order was to be made, this was not the week to do it. Short week with THU, FRI & SAT would be more disruptive than usual. McD tinkered around the edges by using Corbett as an opener + since Kuehner has been bad in the 1st inning.

If both pitch well, I'd expect to see Poland on FRI night against NC St., Phillips on SAT and Kuehner on SUN. Maybe even give Kuehner an inning or 2 against UK midweek.

Prosecky is the only reliable BP arm we have and is very versatile b/c he can go 2-4 innings if needed. Don't break something trying to fix something else. You might end up with both things broken.

Humphrey indicated he lost it in the lights. So be it. 4 Ks worries me more than that dropped ball. As Benson comes back from injury, I suspect we'll see more R/L platooning in RF. More ABs for Humphrey means more data and video on him and he will need to adapt.

Messick dominated us last year. He's a real talent. Don't like his shenanigans on the mound but he backs it up so just have to stay quiet.

Need to win tonight and then see what happens on SAT.

Messick dominated us last year
And it's not a major concern moving forward,unless we get them in the ACC tournament. The fellas have to battle a bit more,facing guys like him,to get into that pitch count and the opposing teams' bullpens.

It's starting to look like we're not going to have much of a good time in Florida. Things are just not going the Cards way. Seeing eye singles and it's another 5 to 0 deficit in the 1st frigging inning.

It's baseball.

I wish I was in Florida. I'd be happier than being here watching this b.s..

Looks like I will be leaving this game early. Cards are just not matching FSU's intensity and drive to win. Probably why McDonnell spoke to them after that 5 run inning. Very disappointing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT