ADVERTISEMENT

Quit Whining.....

ajgcardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2006
And support your team!

Tip your hat to the kids & staff at Syracuse for a great performance, get back up, and get ready for the next game. The season is long and it has just started.

Are you a true FAN? Or just an entitled imposter? If you're a true FAN, you cheer for your team. You suffer through the bad times, but you hang, you hope, you believe, and you wildly celebrate when the good times roll. Quitting on your team is just stupid.

Malik Cunningham just had a game where he didn't get a TD. For the 1st time in 30 games! 3 years!!! And now he's an imposter QB and can't play? That's friggin' laughable!! Malik you are a warrior! Yes, you played poorly last night and you know it. Big Deal. Don't listen to idiots. You're a stud and a leader. You'll be back, probably in 5 days....and those people attacking you will be cheering for you again lol.

We got our ass kicked last night. So what. Quit crying. Suck it up. Go back to work. Fix your mistakes. Try harder next time. It doesn't mean we'll suck every night....unless you quit. Are we quitters? I'm not. I'm old and wise, and I've seen this before.

Remember......

September 1998 - Tim Couch, Craig Yeast & Hal Mumme scored a bazillion on us as we opened Cardinal Stadium. It was shocking. Who is this cowboy coach? Embarrassing. After getting blown out again, the "tear off the rear view mirror" speech came and that team led by Chris Redman and a young hotshot OC named Petrino would become the nation's most productive offense and end up in a bowl game. Nobody saw that coming that first night, or what would follow over the next decade.

September 2002 - the preseason ranked Cards would start off against the kitty cats and nearly got QB Ragone killed because the oline could not block. Not a lick. The kitties and a RB named Artose Pinner, and a 300-lb QB ran down our throats and ruined our season before it even started. Disheartening. Embarrassing. There was work to do. We were terrible. How could that be? A month later, we would upset Bobby Bowden and #4 FSU in the rain - and the goal posts came down.

September 2005 - the uber talented Card team led by local stars Bush & Brohm were rolling having just hung 63 on Oregon St to go 2-0 and climbing the rankings. Then came that fateful night in Tampa. USF. And the mighty Cards were beaten. Badly. embarassed. 45-14!! By U-S-F!! Unexplainable.....except that the Bulls played great, and the Cards sucked. But they didn't quit. The Cards would regroup and go on to a New Year's Day bowl.

November 2012 - Charlie Strong had us rolling. We were back. Fighting for another BCS bowl game. Then came the trip to lowly Syracuse. We lost. unexpectedly. Got crushed actually. 45-26. Overrated. Big East sucks. Doesn't deserve a BCS bid anymore. UofL hasn't played anybody. But we kept believing. A month and a half later came Florida & the Sugar Bowl. We looked NOTHING like that night in Syracuse.

September 2015 - start season 0-3. 0-3! Hadn't done that in a very long time. WTF Bobby? No offense. Bobby Petrino with no offense? What is going on? But we kept the faith. And we rallied. And by season's end, we were beating Texas A&M in the Music City bowl and a freshman star named Lamar was born.

November 2019 - Coach Satterfield was completing a miraculous turnaround season as we traveled to Commonwealth Stadium for the regular season finale. He had taken a 2-10 nightmare and turned it into a bowl team the first year. And now we were going to whip UK. We were destroyed. Embarrassed. Run all over by a WR in the wildcat. Can't stand up to an SEC team. Weak. But the team picked itself up, went back to the Music City bowl as an underdog, and handed an SEC squad who earlier beat that UK team a big fat loss.

Bad, embarrassing losses happen. Sometimes, for whatever reason, you just play like crap and your opponent, out of the blue, plays great. It's rare, but it does happen,,,,,kind of like last fall when Syracuse came to Louisville in a game predicted by Vegas as a tossup - only to end in a 41-3 anomaly. It was the worst performance of the year for Syracuse, and clearly the best for Louisville. A similar thing would happen to Louisville a short time later when, as a favorite, would be blown out by the Cats, who would execute their best performance on the same night.

Crazy humiliating upsets do happen in sports. Get up, quit feeling sorry for yourselves, quit pointing fingers, and go back to work! We have a season to play.

You guys can sit on this board, bitch & complain, call for the coaches to be fired, and just be negative and miserable. Not me. I'll be in Orlando Friday tailgating, getting ready for the next game, with hope & faith, that my boys will bounce back, when nobody expects it, and ruin the nights of many Golden Knights fans. It's college football, and I'm glad it's back.

I still believe. I still show, I still cheer. Because I'm a true FAN!!

Go Cards!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News