ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino

Nobody does - at least not this year. Gotta see how it plays out and if it's really bad, I could see him leaving on his "own terms" before next year. I really think a lot of it has to do with timing and who Uofl could get to replace him. A year from now Billy D's nba situation could sour and if so, that's my guess at the guy as the top of TJ's list.

Pitino will retire when he wants. That's the end of that discussion.

Who is on the short list at the moment to replace him? IMO it's Bennett at UVA, Smart at Texas, or Marshall at Wichita State. UofL could pull any of the 3 in to take the job.

Pitino will retire when he wants. That's the end of that discussion.

Who is on the short list at the moment to replace him? IMO it's Bennett at UVA, Smart at Texas, or Marshall at Wichita State. UofL could pull any of the 3 in to take the job.
In a normal situation I think Louisville could pull those three though, I'm not positive about Bennett - he seems to like UVA, is already in the ACC and, is not competing with football. In this situation - who knows?

One thing I'd bet is that (with the exception of Donovan) it won't be any one with direct ties to RP's coaching tree. Richard potentially lost out on a future job here.

No shot with Smart, too talent rich a state in TX and they've recruited better than UL over the last decade. Just needed a better coach

No shot with Smart, too talent rich a state in TX and they've recruited better than UL over the last decade. Just needed a better coach
That's not a problem for me - not sold on him at the big time level anyway - but Texas is in no way a better job. First of all unlike football, basketball players routinely go away to school, Louisville has always recruited nationally (now internationally), the Texas AD department is a dumpster fire and, football will always be 100X more important.

There's a coach about five miles from campus that's probably as good of an X&O guy as there is in the country. Not a "splash" hire, but if we wanted someone that knows how to coach, understands every aspect of our program from the Admin down to the boosters, less stripper-gate of course, then the hometown boy could come in and run it well and win IMO.

TJ " Someone get Scotty D. on line one for me."

Go Cards!

Reactions: beasleythecard
It's hard to say. I think Rick has 5 more years. It's hard to know who will be available at that time. If brad Stevens wants to come back to college he'd be a good replacement in time.

Reactions: beasleythecard
I think it's time to start lookin. For people to look at the university respectively again they need to make a move somewhere

During the next ten years a lot of top coaches at elite programs will be retiring. Truly a end to a great era of collage coaches is approaching so there will be a lot of competition for the known and those yet to make a name for themselves. The next coach here could be someone completely unknown today.

During the next ten years a lot of top coaches at elite programs will be retiring. Truly a end to a great era of collage coaches is approaching so there will be a lot of competition for the known and those yet to make a name for themselves. The next coach here could be someone completely unknown today.
That is crazy to think. By 2025 at the very latest, gone will be Coach K, Roy, Cal, Pitino, Boeheim, etc. Kansas got lucky with Self.

That is crazy to think. By 2025 at the very latest, gone will be Coach K, Roy, Cal, Pitino, Boeheim, etc. Kansas got lucky with Self.[/QUOT
Duke, UK, Louisville, Syracuse, North Carolina looking with Kansas, Michigan State and Ohio State close behind. Big opportunities available in the future for young coaches to earn jobs at some very elite programs. Gona be interesting and exciting.

Not going to get any high profile coach right now. I don't want to lose the one we have.

Unless you are ready to really take a step back for 5-10 years you better hope things aren't as bad as some think. Hopefully Pitino can survive this and get us through another 3-5 years.

Not going to get any high profile coach right now. I don't want to lose the one we have.

Unless you are ready to really take a step back for 5-10 years you better hope things aren't as bad as some think. Hopefully Pitino can survive this and get us through another 3-5 years.

When it's all said and done, the lone wolf is this will turn out to be McGee who simply had a relationship with Powell or with one (or both) of her daughters. He threw parties and Katina provides the "entertainment". The only part of that equation that doesn't add up is the former players who are saying that never happened in the dorm. Who is lying? Somebody is. Possibly the LOCATION of these parties has been fabricated???? Yes? I don't think that's a stretch. We have SOME former players and recruits saying the parties happened, while we have others saying while living in the dorm, they never saw anything like what has been described in the book. Doesn't that lead you down the path that these parties happened somewhere OTHER THAN Minardi Hall? That's where it takes me.

Who do you believe?

When it's all said and done, the lone wolf is this will turn out to be McGee who simply had a relationship with Powell or with one (or both) of her daughters. He threw parties and Katina provides the "entertainment". The only part of that equation that doesn't add up is the former players who are saying that never happened in the dorm. Who is lying? Somebody is. Possibly the LOCATION of these parties has been fabricated???? Yes? I don't think that's a stretch. We have SOME former players and recruits saying the parties happened, while we have others saying while living in the dorm, they never saw anything like what has been described in the book. Doesn't that lead you down the path that these parties happened somewhere OTHER THAN Minardi Hall? That's where it takes me.

Who do you believe?
Any time people get in trouble those involved or in the know either admit it or deny it. Especially with an incident involving prostitutes. No kid or young man wants their family and friends to know they participated in that type of debauchery. I would not. Those who admit it probably had to because of photos or common knowledge that they participated.

We have to realize it is a year and a half after the fact. For some of these kids it could have happened three or four years ago. Admitting some thing now will have an affect on what is going on in their personal lives now. So many factors to consider. Tough spot to be in for anybody.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT