ADVERTISEMENT

Pitino should resign

If Rick Pitino is fired... I'm out. If he resigns over this...I'm out.

C'mon PH

Its the University of Louisville, not Pitino.
He's not going to coach forever.

We've already been through a coach being
forced out. It might happen, or he resigns.

Didnt like the way things with Coach Crum went down, yet i still and always be a
fan of the University of Louisville.

If evidence comes to light that Pitino knew for sure about what was going on, or something similarly damning, then I'd have no problem with him being gone. He should be fired if that is the case.

However be careful what you wish for, for those wanting him gone regardless of circumstances. If he does end up not being the coach because of this then I hope those same people won't be the first ones complaining if a new coach can't meet their expectations for success.

This was a chicken sh** approach. Do you really think the NCAA won't see through this obvious self-serving action. All we have done is added to the penalties, not reduced...IMHO

The University is GUILTY of CHEATING because of Andre MaGee!!!

The NCAA will look at what UofL did as being WILLING to ACCEPT its WRONG Doings and Punish this year’s Team...A VERY GOOD TEAM...A team that stood a REAL GOOD CHANCE at making noise in the Tournament...MAYBE Winning it!!!

There's NOT a DAMN Thing SELF SERVING about it...If ANYTHING, it SHOWS COURAGE, and the WILLINGNESS to do SOMETHING that HURTS...That's called INTEGRITY and TOUGH LOVE!!!

IMPO, I think a few Scholarships...At least Two - Four (One per year for the years this BS took place), should be taken away from the University as well!!!

Yeah, the NCAA may level some more punishment upon the school, and they'd be justified to do so...To think otherwise is Fairy-Tail Dreaming!!!

I DON'T Like it either...BUT, I DON'T LIKE CHEATING EITHER...And I WILL NOT SUPPORT ANY ADMINISTRATION that CONDONES CHEATING!!!

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: awf
...However be careful what you wish for, for those wanting him gone regardless of circumstances. If he does end up not being the coach because of this then I hope those same people won't be the first ones complaining if a new coach can't meet their expectations for success.
Almost guarantee you that will happen. And the only reason I say "almost" can be abbreviated T. J.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Are you that FU@#ING Stupid...There's NOTHING Chicken $#IT about it...The University is GUILTY of CHEATING because of Andre MaGee!!!

The NCAA will look at what UofL did as being WILLING to ACCEPT its WRONG Doings and Punish this year’s Team...A VERY GOOD TEAM...A team that stood a REAL GOOD CHANCE at making noise in the Tournament...MAYBE Winning it!!!

There's NOT a DAMN Thing SELF SERVING about it...If ANYTHING, it SHOWS COURAGE, and the WILLINGNESS to do SOMETHING that HURTS...That's called INTEGRITY and TOUGH LOVE!!!

IMPO, I think a few Scholarships...At least Two - Four (One per year for the years this BS took place), should be taken away from the University as well!!!

Yeah, the NCAA may level some more punishment upon the school, and they'd be justified to do so...To think otherwise is Fairy-Tail Dreaming!!!

I DON'T Like it either...BUT, I DON'T LIKE CHEATING EITHER...And I WILL NOT SUPPORT ANY ADMINISTRATION that CONDONES CHEATING!!!

Real courage would have been taking a principled stand with the NCAA and telling them that the university was NOT going punish this year's team - who had nothing to do with any violations that occurred - and being willing to accept whatever penalty the NCAA meted out later this year. What they did was caculated - whether it was smart is yet to be determined but, there wasn't anything courageous about it.

It's not "tough love" when you punish individuals that didn't do anything wrong - it's self-serving, disingenuous nonsense. There are holdovers from that time period - where's their "tough love"?

Someone far smarter than I once said, "the cause of justice is never served by punishing the innocent".

Last edited:
Pitino is not going to resign or be fired. He will be the head coach at the University of Louisville next season.

Pitino is not going to resign or be fired. He will be the head coach at the University of Louisville next season.
I agree - resigning at this point forever tarnishes his legacy and it's not something that Pitino would do IMO. Beyond that, he is really the best option at this point to lead the program out of this mess. After that happens and when the program has recovered from whatever else is handed down - then he needs to go.

I will ALWAYS be a Cards fan. I meant my money won't be going to UL BB program. I've been a season ticket holder for 30+ years. We gave them up in '00 because we didn't enjoy Denny ball anymore. I still love Denny Crum to this day and what he did for UL. My gut told me in late Feb '01 that it was time to get season tickets again. When CRP became our coach just a few weeks later, I once again seen value and good times again at FH. I knew without a doubt that CRP was going to get us another banner.
The only way to react to a loss of CRP is to take my money, my investment and cheer on my Cards from home.

Real courage would have been taking a principled stand with the NCAA and telling them that the university was NOT going punish this year's team - who had nothing to do with any violations that occurred - and being willing to accept whatever penalty the NCAA meted out later this year. What they did was caculated - whether it was smart is yet to be determined but, there wasn't anything courageous about it.

It's not "tough love" when you punish individuals that didn't do anything wrong - it's self-serving, disingenuous nonsense. There are holdovers from that time period - where's their "tough love"?

Someone far smarter than I once said, "the cause of justice is never served by punishing the innocent".
I agree with your comments, but I doubt the NCAA By-Laws don't give them that flexibility. Pitino is right the system is broken. I am all for accountability. Any individual that breaks a NCAA rule should be penalized. What is sad is the adults in the room have structured the penalty system that hurt the innocent players.

The biggest issue is the NCAA process of identifying and processing a violation is a long. The individuals that created the violation aren't around any longer. In most cases it isn't a systematic issue that created the violations, it is individual decisions. The only time season bans should be issued is if the University or their program systematically cheated. Season bans should never occur if an individual created the violation. No system involving humans is infallible.

Reactions: Cue Card and awf

EVER heard of "LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL"...The University of Louisville is GUILTY by ASSOCIATION and thus there is NO "Punishing The INNOCENT"!!!

EVER heard of "LACK OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL"...The University of Louisville is GUILTY by ASSOCIATION and thus there is NO "Punishing The INNOCENT"!!!

I have.

Have you ever heard of how overuse of the caps lock and exclamation points can overshadow the message and actually make someone look ridiculous? :cool:

Unless you are Ramsey, Smrt and or possibly Jurich; you don't have any idea if lack of institutional control is even a charge alleged - much less proven - by the NCAA.

But just for a minute let's run with your premise. Lack of institutional control would be something that would fall on the coaching staff and athletic administration - not on the players. Particularly players that weren't even a part of the program when the offenses occurred. That's where the innocence comes in big guy.

The players are simply collateral damage. And it sucks.

I have.

Have you ever heard of how overuse of the caps lock and exclamation points can overshadow the message and actually make someone look ridiculous? :cool:

Unless you are Ramsey, Smrt and or possibly Jurich; you don't have any idea if lack of institutional control is even a charge alleged - much less proven - by the NCAA.

But just for a minute let's run with your premise. Lack of institutional control would be something that would fall on the coaching staff and athletic administration - not on the players. Particularly players that weren't even a part of the program when the offenses occurred. That's where the innocence comes in big guy.

The players are simply collateral damage. And it sucks.

CAPS are USED to MAKE a POINT!!!

GUILTY by ASSOCIATION IMPLYS ALL...That's Administration, Coaches, Players...PAST and PRESENT...Support Staff, etc...And YES...It SUCKS that SOME Players are "Collateral Damage"!!!

Nobody can tell me that EVERYONE was in the dark about what went on...Pictures PROVE that...Chane...Those that didn't partake...SUPPOSEDLY...Gorgi, Luke, Peyton, Russ...SOMEONE SHOULD have reported this BS the moment it happened...If they would have, Andre would have been gone LOONNNNNNNG Ago!!!

Turning a Blind Eye to something you know is going on makes you GUILTY by ASSOCIATION as well...Thus, "The Team FAILED The Team, The University, and The Fans!!!

CAPS are USED to MAKE a POINT!!!

GUILTY by ASSOCIATION IMPLYS ALL...That's Administration, Coaches, Players...PAST and PRESENT...Support Staff, etc...And YES...It SUCKS that SOME Players are "Collateral Damage"!!!

Nobody can tell me that EVERYONE was in the dark about what went on...Pictures PROVE that...Chane...Those that didn't partake...SUPPOSEDLY...Gorgi, Luke, Peyton, Russ...SOMEONE SHOULD have reported this BS the moment it happened...If they would have, Andre would have been gone LOONNNNNNNG Ago!!!

Turning a Blind Eye to something you know is going on makes you GUILTY by ASSOCIATION as well...Thus, "The Team FAILED The Team, The University, and The Fans!!!

I feel like I'm talking to Brick Tamblin - lol. "LOUD NOISES!"

All caps are used by people who feel like they need to yell to be heard - to add emphasis to a point where there isn't much validity. "Guilty by association" is a nonsensical fallacy - there is guilt, and there is innocence. Proximity to, or commonality of associations with, guilty people does not make one guilty - only their actions do. Furthermore, failure to report a crime does not make one guilty of that crime and subject to the same penalties as those who committed it, as you seem to want to believe. I understand that this is a nuanced position - take a minute to give it a think.

You, as is everyone, are certainly free to believe or disbelieve whatever you'd like regarding that period of time. With that said, punishing individuals who had no connection - either direct or indirect - to the events in question is simply wrong. In a very real sense, it would be like un-retiring Darrell Griffith's number because at one time, he also played basketball for UofL.

I feel like I'm talking to Brick Tamblin - lol. "LOUD NOISES!"

All caps are used by people who feel like they need to yell to be heard - to add emphasis to a point where there isn't much validity. "Guilty by association" is a nonsensical fallacy - there is guilt, and there is innocence. Proximity to, or commonality of associations with, guilty people does not make one guilty - only their actions do. Furthermore, failure to report a crime does not make one guilty of that crime and subject to the same penalties as those who committed it, as you seem to want to believe. I understand that this is a nuanced position - take a minute to give it a think.

You, as is everyone, are certainly free to believe or disbelieve whatever you'd like regarding that period of time. With that said, punishing individuals who had no connection - either direct or indirect - to the events in question is simply wrong. In a very real sense, it would be like un-retiring Darrell Griffith's number because at one time, he also played basketball for UofL.

Like it or not, if you know about something that is WRONG, and you DON'T Report it...You're GUILTY by ASSOCIATION!!!

How many times has it been reported that others knew about individuals that were pissed off at the world, and those people made THREATS to shoot up Schools, Theater etc...By NOT reporting it they ALLOWED the MURDER of INNOCENT Individuals...THUS the INNOCENT were PUNISHED by losing their life...By NOT getting involved you HAVE Blood on your hands.

It's the same as if you know someone is depressed and talks about ending their life, and you just blow it off as opposed to taking that person to get help, or telling someone else so they can help that person...By NOT taking action you HELPED that person kill themself!!!

Bars and Clubs are held ACCOUNTABLE when they keep selling drinks to those that have had too much to drink, then allow those patrons to leave their establishment and get behind the wheel and drive off possibbly killing themself and others...ACCOUNTABILITY is the RESPONSIBILITY of BOTH Parties...To say otherwise is WRONG!!!

Now, you think about it...AGAIN...Those that knew wrong doing was going on, and DIDN'T report it are as GUILTY as the individuals that COMMITTED the CRIME...And they HELPED put the University, and the so called Innocent Players in the UGLY Position we're in today!!!

Its called Situational Ethics...That's NOT too hard to UNDERSTAND for those of us that APPLY Logic and Deductive Reasoning!!!

Last edited:
Like it or not, if you know about something that is WRONG, and you DON'T Report it...You're GUILTY by ASSOCIATION!!!

How many times has it been reported that others knew about individuals that were pissed off at the world, and those people made THREATS to shoot up Schools, Theater etc...By NOT reporting it they ALLOWED the MURDER of INNOCENT Individuals...THUS the INNOCENT were PUNISHED by losing their life...By NOT getting involved you HAVE Blood on your hands.

It's the same as if you know someone is depressed and talks about ending their life, and you just blow it off as opposed to taking that person to get help, or telling someone else so they can help that person...By NOT taking action you HELPED that person kill themself!!!

Bars and Clubs are held ACCOUNTABLE when they keep selling drinks to those that have had too much to drink, then allow those patrons to leave their establishment and get behind the wheel and drive off possibbly killing themself and others...ACCOUNTABILITY is the RESPONSIBILITY of BOTH Parties...To say otherwise is WRONG!!!

Now, you think about it...AGAIN...Those that knew wrong doing was going on, and DIDN'T report it are as GUILTY as the individuals that COMMITTED the CRIME...And they HELPED put the University, and the so called Innocent Players in the UGLY Position we're in today!!!

Its called Situational Ethics...That's NOT too hard to UNDERSTAND for those of us that APPLY Logic and Deductive Reasoning!!!

Wow. You got some hardcore examples. Nothing close to the actual situation either. You don't have to report WRONG! Your silly little ethics class will have you convincing the world to tattle for saying cuss words.:cool: It's quite common for people to ignore things, not take things seriously. And you can't fault them for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BPGhost

Hey I get it - YOU'RE ALL IN ON YOUR POSITION!!!! Unfortunately for you, it's dead wrong logically but hey, whatever. The worst part of it though, is that you're also misapplying your incorrect assertion.

My point has consistently been that to punish players that were not even enrolled at UofL when these incidents took place, is dead wrong. I said nothing about punishing those who were involved with the program at that time - those individuals should be punished to the extent of their involvement - no question about it. In the tortured logic espoused in your analogies though, someone who years later meets that individual who didn't report the pissed off person, or stop the depressed person, or the bartender who poured the extra drink, is just as accountable / guilty "by association" with the first person.

Again - that's utter nonsense. Or more appropriately, situational thinking. But by all means - rave on brother - you believe what makes you feel good. At this point, I'm finished with this topic.

Also please note that I'm not in the market for a pen pal...

Who would be a better coach for us going forward than CRP whatever the future may be!

I think people that believe in moral purity are wrong. I think morality is a moving target, something that you strive to be better at every day. People fall down, every day. I think Rick Pitino is a good coach. I don't really care about his private life. I don't care about the players' private lives. They have to look themselves in the mirror every day.
Katina Powell is a stripper. If you associate with strippers, you pay a price. I don't think RP should resign. I don't think Jurich should resign. I don't think Ramsey should resign. I think colleges, as a whole, are the most politically correct bastions of pseudo-morality in the world. Its like living in a glass house. Things break once in a while. I don't agree with what Ramsey did. Wait for the decision, do the time then. He screwed over 2 class kids betting on the come. First rule of gambling, and of life: never show your cards before the river is dealt.

Reactions: Cue Card
This is being blown out of proportion. Young men were with girls. Oh geez what a story. It'll be a true travesty if crp is let go. I doubt that happens though. He has another 5 seasons and another championship to be won.

6e3ca566afe3c50ece90343350420e7d.gif

45642a5f4778d8bf1b7165425afdd7a0fb564968cc0e00d7e4bbc04d03539b2a.jpg

From the NCAA perspective did players and recruits receive extra benefits. Unfortunately, it is pretty clear an assistant coach organized parties and money (who really can confirm how much) changed hands. That has always been the key issue. The question I have is does it matter how the money was used? Does the NCAA take a much harder line because it involved strippers or prostitution? That is the unknown at this point and quite frankly in today's society scares me what the NCAA will do. If this was giving athletes or recruits $5000 over 4 years then the self imposed band is plenty.

That is the reality of the situation. The other reality is Coach P is going to be held responsible either by the school or NCAA.

I think by the end of all this Louisville basketball will be set back 3 or 4 years.

Sorry, but the program is much bigger than Rick Pitino.
You're right. It's big enough to throw the players under the bus while the likes of Ramsey and Jurich remain.
This is being blown out of proportion. Young men were with girls. Oh geez what a story. It'll be a true travesty if crp is let go. I doubt that happens though. He has another 5 seasons and another championship to be won.
And good moral folks like Bill Clinton and Rick Pitino gave good examples to Andre McGee. Ever wonder how crap runs down hill to others?

You're right. It's big enough to throw the players under the bus while the likes of Ramsey and Jurich remain.

And good moral folks like Bill Clinton and Rick Pitino gave good examples to Andre McGee. Ever wonder how crap runs down hill to others?
Another chorus from the tired selections known as "Turd's greatest hits" - lol. Dont' spend too much time on here Turd, there might just be kids crossing your lawn to get on the school bus...

I think people that believe in moral purity are wrong. I think morality is a moving target, something that you strive to be better at every day. People fall down, every day. I think Rick Pitino is a good coach. I don't really care about his private life. I don't care about the players' private lives. They have to look themselves in the mirror every day.
Katina Powell is a stripper. If you associate with strippers, you pay a price. I don't think RP should resign. I don't think Jurich should resign. I don't think Ramsey should resign. I think colleges, as a whole, are the most politically correct bastions of pseudo-morality in the world. Its like living in a glass house. Things break once in a while. I don't agree with what Ramsey did. Wait for the decision, do the time then. He screwed over 2 class kids betting on the come. First rule of gambling, and of life: never show your cards before the river is dealt.
Do you not think that maybe they have seen the "river card" and decided that they should self-impose accordingly before it comes out completely?

Are you even l1c4

Do you not think that maybe they have seen the "river card" and decided that they should self-impose accordingly before it comes out completely?

It will be interesting to see if the heat now back's off him in the media.

Can't have 5 year seniors all going to one school and wreaking havoc on the current system.

Supposedly they're addressing the 5th year senior problem in the off season this year. Because right now it's pretty ridiculous.

Supposedly they're addressing the 5th year senior problem in the off season this year. Because right now it's pretty ridiculous.

Yep. A school loaded with experienced 4-5yr guys will do major damage to the one and done marketing machine. Refs can only do so much. I wouldn't be surprised to hear they want to change the rules right away. Cause the last thing they want is RP marching his way to a title with just 2 of them.

If Ramsey's personal problems now seem to fade away...

Yes, guys graduating with a degree and then pursuing a masters degree at a different school is such a scourge on society. You are a troll.

Reactions: BPGhost
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT