ADVERTISEMENT

Our Bigs...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
AGAIN...OUR BIGS ARE HORRIBLE! Losing their man multiple times on the press, inability to score, etc, etc, etc. they absolutely SUCK!

I won't go nearly that negative, but I am constantly amazed at how they can actually be in position with their arms up, but smaller players go right through them and lay the ball in. No shot blockers whatsoever.

Originally posted by Steelers2012:
I won't go nearly that negative, but I am constantly amazed at how they can actually be in position with their arms up, but smaller players go right through them and lay the ball in. No shot blockers whatsoever.
It's my only qualm with those guys.They are defending to not get a foul.Louisville teams do not give an inch down there traditionally,foul or not.

Maybe you guys weren't watching the same game I was but Mathiang is horrible and shouldn't be playing.

Onuaku is so so at best. Will be better later on

Don't understand why Anus can't get 20 minutes per game. At least he can block some shots

SMH

Originally posted by earsky:
Originally posted by Steelers2012:
It's my only qualm with those guys.They are defending to not get a foul.Louisville teams do not give an inch down there traditionally,foul or not.
Yeah what is mentioned above and their uncanny ability to miss bunny shots and layups with alarming frequency and by a few feet sometimes.

Stockman must really be bad if he can't see the court over who we have now. It's truly amazing how we can have 5 guys 6'9 and taller and none of them look to be major college players.

It's all on Pitino and it's called pitiful recruiting. Lack of shooters, lack of inside guys that can't defend nor score.

Originally posted by BrewCrewCard:
It's all on Pitino and it's called pitiful recruiting...Are we really going there again? Do we need to trot out the recruiting rankings again?? Does your memory span beyond a week???

ohwell.r191677.gif

Originally posted by zipp:

It's all on Pitino and it's called pitiful recruiting...

Are we really going there again? Do we need to trot out the recruiting rankings again?? Does your memory span beyond a week???

ohwell.r191677.gif
rankings don't mean anything if you don't develop them

Instead of standing there like a big goof with his arms up getting a weak and 1, I wish rick would tell mango to hammer anybody that comes near the rim. He's going to get 5 fouls anyway and no points or rebounds.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by CardsDan:
Instead of standing there like a big goof with his arms up getting a weak and 1, I wish rick would tell mango to hammer anybody that comes near the rim. He's going to get 5 fouls anyway and no points or rebounds.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
When I think back to the McCray brothers,Charlie Jones,those guys defended the rim.Nobody got anything easy...ever.

Originally posted by cardsp:
Originally posted by zipp:
It's all on Pitino and it's called pitiful recruiting...

Are we really going there again? Do we need to trot out the recruiting rankings again?? Does your memory span beyond a week???

ohwell.r191677.gif

rankings don't mean anything if you don't develop them
And your evidence is??

Mathiang is soft as hell. Players drive to the rim knock him out of the way score the bucket and get fouled. He needs to just mug everybody that comes driving to the rim he's gonna pick up the foul anyway. Onuaku is 3x better than mango and SHOULD only get better. I really like him.

How can Louisville allow a 6' 5" post player (Bonzie Colson) to score 17 points and get 9 rebounds in 26 minutes of playing time? I find this difficult to understand.

Yeah i am going there its obvious to most. What do you call it? I don't care what rankings mean i see what's on the court take your glasses off Zipp.

Originally posted by fedman:
How can Louisville allow a 6' 5" post player (Bonzie Colson) to score 17 points and get 9 rebounds in 26 minutes of playing time? I find this difficult to understand.
His play last night was a big reason ND won the game. He dominated UofL in the post on offense. He got smoked a few times on defense by Harrell but he went strong to the hole on offense and went 7 for 7 from the field. He's a freshman too. He's going to get better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT