ADVERTISEMENT

OT-2019

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
The 2019 version of our baseball team has a practice game today against IU at 1. I'm sure the team would love to see bodies in some of those seats.

I posted over on the other forum, but I'm not sure if anyone ever goes there.

It'll be a nice prelude to tailgating for tonight's game.

The #4 recruiting class looks every bit the part. Plus, our returning guys can flat hit.
Sorry, missed your post. Hell yeah. We have some really good looking ball players coming in. I think there's more of a push from those guys to crack the everyday rotation.

... Which is a continuation from what I saw last season. There is a hunger to make that lineup, sure. The real hunger is getting to that very last best-of-series of the season.

The freshman catcher from New York is the real deal. I expect great things from him. I was there and I was surprised that while UofL was playing a bunch of young guys both at pitcher and in the field, WKU played mostly veterans. I would think we got much more out of this “exhibition” than they did. I was able to sell two of my tickets to a couple of WKU fans. My grandson and I left after 5 complete innings.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: earsky
Since there is some baseball talk here, I’d like to say that I think kids should be free to get into the baseball games. I think charging for kids to attend was a big misstep and certainly had a very negative effect on attendance.

Since there is some baseball talk here, I’d like to say that I think kids should be free to get into the baseball games. I think charging for kids to attend was a big misstep and certainly had a very negative effect on attendance.
I think what they thought would happen didn’t and it had to do with a little bit of the weather but more about adding admission. I have been there at games standing room only. Kids occupy seats as well. We have been spoiled by the free games and now have to pay the piper for being successful especially in light of the great facility we have. Hopefully VT can come up with some creative family price packages.

Reactions: gocds
I also think that the weather last spring was atrocious.,worst I've seen in the last 10 seasons.
I was there thru 7 innings. We have some really good looking ball players. If the pitching holds up, we'll be back in.... Omaha

Yeah, the weather was hideous. No doubt it played a role in the tiny crowds. But so did an awful lot of system things........pitiful really the way it was administered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT